Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Enforcing better control on the Scams and Warnings/Alerts thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

domain agency

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, to enforce better conduct from members who make acquisitions about other members on the Scams and Warnings/Alerts thread. To my understanding [SIZE=-1]these types of sub-forums are not to suggest that members "maybe" - "could be" - "I'm not 100% sure but I 'reckon' so" - "I 'think' so" - "I guess so" - "perhaps he/she is" - "he/she could 'possibly' be a" fraudster and scam artist if no official or legal crime was committed in the first place.[/SIZE] Blind accusations like these could have consequence's on the trading capacity of members who maybe portrayed in such false light.

People who are about to post in that area, especially those who are about to accuse a member of some 'possible' but yet unconfirmed wrong doing should be educated on conducting research on the accused itrade first, PM members if necessary to gain a better insight into the credibility of the member they are about to accuse. This of course would only be one of many possible steps to take to ensure that the information gathered about a member is 100% accurate and that the member has indeed done some wrong or illegal.

I'm currently having to put up with such a posting as I write: ( http://www.dnforum.com/f611/possibl...son-peter-eccles-netman007-thread-458632.html ) Just for the record the domain has been paid in full with a mailed receipt inclusive from Lisa Schreiber operator of Black Bayou LLC - clickmojo.com known here as brujah.

I requested the mailed receipt via an escrow (miniescrow.com) and have an invoice from miniescrow too. Inlight of what happened and to protect my trading credibility and honesty I emailed Flippa Pty Ltd asking them if it would be possible to get a statement from them about my account there for which they are willing to do.

In a nutshell there needs to be better enforcement upon members who are posting on the Scams and Warnings/Alerts thread, that the information they have is concrete and not 'here say' and/or that they are a victim of a scam or [SIZE=-1]fraud[/SIZE] and have been robbed hacked of their finance/web property etc.

Upvote 0

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In a nutshell there needs to be better enforcement upon members who are posting on the Scams and Warnings/Alerts thread, that the information they have is concrete and not 'here say' and/or that they are a victim of a scam or [SIZE=-1]fraud[/SIZE] and have been robbed hacked of their finance/web property etc.

While I can emphasize with your situation and the situation of people on other sides of a business deal gone bad, and people should think twice or three times before posting any insulting/rude/accusatory information online, I don't think "control" or "enforcement," which is censorship is part of the solution.

If you sell on eBay or here, there is always going to some misunderstanding and expecting 100% positive feedback or pleasing everyone is just not realistic - as is not running across some "nut" online.

I would suggest just sticking to the facts and not getting sucked down into some flame war.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

If you have not noticed, about once a week there is some post here such as "PayPal ripped me off" or "GoDaddy ripped me off," so while I would respond with the facts, I would not worry about your business declining and going under as PayPal or Godaddy has not gone under.

I would reply to emails faster than 2 weeks (or have an excuse that the spam filter got it) to avoid problems in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators