• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Enom club drop mini bid increased to $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange that we have such different results with the same vendor. I dunno.

TopNames.com said:
Enom adds 15 minutes when a new bid is made, so you can't snipe. I was stuck in an auction for almost 3 hours once.

I know, but in the beginning, you could snipe. There was about 3 weeks in the beginning where you could snipe at the last second; and ...boom... whoever guessed the higher bid won.

-Wesley
 
puravida said:
Strange that we have such different results with the same vendor. I dunno.



I know, but in the beginning, you could snipe. There was about 3 weeks in the beginning where you could snipe at the last second; and ...boom... whoever guessed the higher bid won.

I get stuck in the last minute back-and-forth a lot too, unfortunately. I get that at pool a lot too. Based on bidding strategy, I would say that over half the time it goes on and on; I'm bidding against Ultsearch. >:|

-Wesley
 
actnow said:
I am not defending their actions.
But, why else would they be in the business.
But, to make the maximum profit.
And, to maximize their return on investment.



A registrar who wants to be a "get in and get out" type of operation has no business being MY registrar. A registrar should be service oriented . . . . the bottom line being that this will make them more money over the long haul by increasing customer rentention and domain renewals.

We're talking about registrars that set up shop and could care less who owns the domains and could care less about supporting you. Some of these registrars don't even speak English or have an English version of their websites . . . . or even accept credit cards. This is not what ICANN has given them the authority and PRIVILEDGE of being a registrar for. . . .
IMHO

Sure making money and squeezing as much as you can at the cost of your customer base is all fine and good . . . if you have no long term strategy.
 
strongvis said:
Sure making money and squeezing as much as you can at the cost of your customer base is all fine and good . . . if you have no long term strategy.

Well spoken, strongvis. My thoughts exactly.

I would've posted but didn't feel like writing as much as you had to ;)

-Wesley
 
They aren't squeezing money, they are changing their business strategy to stay competive for their customers. If they don't have registrars to work with, they will be just as effective as GoDaddy.
 
most of the domains I've been buying probably aren't worth the 16.95, back to manual registration perhaps :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom