Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Enom club drop mini bid increased to $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, folks,

Maybe you have known this news, but I just get this info in Enom. The mini bid has increased to 10$, and each bid which have over 20$ cannot be deleted.

What this mean?

It means if you want to get a 3char.com or 3 char.net or other general names, you will have to pay more 8$ than before.

So, I think, the domain's price will increase.

Enom has done the same thing as Namewinner.com.

Bean

Domain Days 2024

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, just this minute noticed this myself so thought I would check out DNF.

Normally they give some sort of notice, but I didn't see any this time.

The cost of names that you previously bid at least $10 on, won't cost any more.

The only names to cost more will be those that you could get for a $2 bid before. (I think!)

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ActNow
It is only logical that they would raise the min. bid.

It takes just as much effort to catch a $ 8. bid as a $ 100. bid.
And, since they have to pay Verisign $ 6.00. Which one would you
want to catch? The bid with a $ 2.75 profit margin. Or, the $ 94.
profit margin.

I speculate within 30 days, Enom will change "something" with their drop program.

This is nothing different then what happens everyday in other industries.

You just need to work smarter.

Here is what I quoted in another thread about NW on 5-26-04

It was only logical that Enom would follow suit.

It only took them 21 days to do it. d:)

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You hit that one on the head Act Now!!! Good call - Steve

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup it was going to happen, sooner or later.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad they went ahead with this change as now I can bid higher and give them more incentive to catch a name without raising too many red flags. Before people would gladly put in names for $2 then never bid on the name and i'd end up paying $10 anyways to get it. Change is more than welcome.....but for those mediocre names I will go back to a script I guess or hand register them now :-(

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does it REALLY matter? eNom soooo rarely gets any truly good drops anyway.

They are 1 in 50 for me.

-Wesley

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's really F'ed up about this is they didnt post it, email it to the users or mention it when I entered my names for today and tomorrow. Jack asses

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
theparrot said:
The wholecosts (of registar connections) is going up, so the retail costs have to follow suit.

I don't think this is true because wholesale costs have never really been tied to retail prices for domain names. There is just more risk in name acquision, that's all.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
What's really F'ed up about this is they didnt post it, email it to the users or mention it when I entered my names for today and tomorrow. Jack asses

100% agree ;)

I was disappointed with them when I first wrote them about how stupid it was to charge $95/month to access a system that rarely ever caught anything. I never got a reply.

I was even more disappointed with them after they changed their system and made it to where you had to guess the next user's last minute max bid and didn't have a last minute grace period or a proxy bid feature. I never got a reply then either.

They -like most companies nowadays- just don't give a sh*t.

-Wesley

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
puravida said:
100% agree ;)
They -like most companies nowadays- just don't give a sh*t.

precisely. $'s in this game has become the only thing "companies" are interested in . . . basically the short-term gains. Look at the registrars being created JUST to win pool domains and collect on that revenue.

I think one of the biggest "don't give a sh*t" attitudes can be seen in dotster/nw. I mean can you even get ahold of these guys via email ?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
$'s in this game has become the only thing "companies" are interested in . . . basically the short-term gains.

I am not defending their actions.

But, why else would they be in the business.
But, to make the maximum profit.

And, to maximize their return on investment.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
I think one of the biggest "don't give a sh*t" attitudes can be seen in dotster/nw. I mean can you even get ahold of these guys via email ?

Ooooh, and don't even get me started about NW! Took me 3.5 YEARS to get a response to my emails. And, took me 9 months to get my bid limit raised from $100!!

Cheers

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
puravida said:
Does it REALLY matter? eNom soooo rarely gets any truly good drops anyway.

They are 1 in 50 for me.

-Wesley

ENOM gets some amazing domains and beats Pool often. I've been on auctions on ENOM for 2K+ many times in the last two months, winning a few of them.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TopNames.com said:
ENOM gets some amazing domains and beats Pool often. I've been on auctions on ENOM for 2K+ many times in the last two months, winning a few of them.

Hi TN,

Maybe we're going for different types of names? I am going for mid-to-high level traffic domains (at least 200 quality links), so those are pretty high profile and Pool gets most of them.

I rarely go for names based solely on the name itself (unless it's spectacular).

It's also kind of irritating that eNom doesn't go for .org. :-(

So far in the past 2 months, eNom beat out the rest on just 1 name that was a christian links domain I wanted.

And, to my further dismay, that was when I learned there was no proxy bid or "grace" period as someone sniped the auction at the last second and won it for only $400 (was worth at least a couple thousand).

Cheers,

Wesley

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
puravida said:
Hi TN,

Maybe we're going for different types of names? I am going for mid-to-high level traffic domains (at least 200 quality links), so those are pretty high profile and Pool gets most of them.

I rarely go for names based solely on the name itself (unless it's spectacular).

It's also kind of irritating that eNom doesn't go for .org. :-(

So far in the past 2 months, eNom beat out the rest on just 1 name that was a christian links domain I wanted.

And, to my further dismay, that was when I learned there was no proxy bid or "grace" period as someone sniped the auction at the last second and won it for only $400 (was worth at least a couple thousand).

Cheers,

Wesley

I am bidding on traffic names only on Enom. I got 2 domains with 750+ Overture (with extension) and 2 more domains with more than 6,000 links on Marketleap. I had bids on NW, Pool, SnapNames, GoDaddy and Enom...Enom got everyone.

Enom adds 15 minutes when a new bid is made, so you can't snipe. I was stuck in an auction for almost 3 hours once.

The best thing about an Enom domain in auction is that is resolves almost as soon as it's in your account and you can redirect it minutes after you win it. Try that with Pool...and NameWinner charges for a redirect without an ad. No waiting for a registrar to send you login info, or a registrar that does not forward domains....that's why I only use Enom now...unless it's a biggie and then I'll try for it on all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom