Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Enom Fires Registerfly - The Fly is Cooked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RegisterFly Reseller Termination FAQ

By now you may have received the formal notice to owners of domains which have been registered by eNom via its reseller, RegisterFly.com. Although you purchased your name at RegisterFly, eNom is the actual registrar of record for your domains. eNom powers thousands of domain name retailers and web hosts worldwide.

As an eNom reseller, RegisterFly is contractually bound to adhere to certain standards of customer service in a speedy and diligent manner. Despite our warnings, RegisterFly has elected not to abide by the agreed standards as outlined in their eNom reseller agreement. Effective March 9th, RegisterFly will be terminated as an eNom reseller. You now have two options to retain further management of your domain names, as described below:

OPTION 1
Create a free account at eNomCentral.com and your domain names will automatically be moved to the eNom control panel where you will instantly re-access domain management rights. There is no charge for this service, as eNom is already the registrar of record for your domains. eNom has ensured that you, as a former RegisterFly customer, will receive the same discounted price as when you purchased your domain name at RegisterFly. Your renewal rate will never go up, as long as your domain remains registered to you at eNom. Choose this option now.

OPTION 2
Locate a different ICANN-accredited registrar and manually initiate transfers of each individual domain name you own. For most, this will require you separately request generation of an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) authorization code for each domain. Note that other registrars may require transfers to first pay an additional year's registration.

To assist you in this transition, we have created the following list of Frequently Asked Questions:

1. Who is eNom? Isn't RegisterFly my registrar?

Although you purchased your name at RegisterFly, eNom is the actual registrar of record for your domains. RegisterFly was a reseller of eNom's domain name services. eNom has been an ICANN-accredited registrar since 1997 with nearly 9,000,000 domain names on its platform. eNom powers the websites of thousands of domain name retailers and web hosts worldwide.
2. Why was RegisterFly removed as a domain name reseller for eNom?

All of eNom's resellers are contractually obligated to meet certain standards, terms, and conditions to remain in good standing, including diligence about offering customer service in a timely manner. RegisterFly has chosen not to comply with our standards. We have found RegisterFly to be in breach of our agreement by not providing support to their customers.
3. Will I have to transfer my domain to eNom?

As eNom is already the registrar of record for your domain names, the speediest way to reinstate your management rights is to create a free eNom account. Then we can immediately "push" the domains there from your RegisterFly account. Should you elect to move them elsewhere, you will need to institute a formal transfer procedure from your new registrar.
4. What's the difference between "pushing" a domain and "transferring" a domain?

"Transferring" refers to changing registrars. "Pushing" refers to moving a domain name within the same registrar from one account to another. When you create a free eNom account, we can instantly "push" your domain names there and immediately reinstate your control over those domains.
5. Do I have to push my domain names to an eNom account?

No. Although it is the quickest and easiest option, you have the option to transfer your domain to any ICANN accredited registrar.
6. What if I have a large number of domain names?

To make your transition as easy as possible, we have set up a web page where you may initiate a push of your domain names to an eNom account. Please contact our support team for additional assistance.
7. I noticed on the eNom site that domain registration costs more than RegisterFly. Will I have to pay that new price when I renew my domain name or buy new domains?

As a special courtesy to former RegisterFly customers, your eNom account will be specially coded to match your previous domain name pricing at RegisterFly. You will receive this discounted pricing on domain names as long as you remain an eNom customer.
8. What will happen to my domains if I don't do anything?

Your domain will stay registered at eNom until it expires, however you will not be able to manage it or renew it. You must exercise one of the options listed above in order to regain control of your domain name
9. I am using RegisterFly's webmail. What will happen to my email service and my old emails? What if I'm just using email forwarding?

For hosted email packages purchased through RegisterFly, you will need to contact them directly for assistance. If you have forwarded your domain email address to another email account (i.e. Hotmail, Yahoo) you will continue to receive forwarded emails, but you will not be able to change the forwarded address until you have either pushed your domain to eNom or transferred to another registrar.
10. I have other RegisterFly services attached to my domain name such as web hosting, SSL certificates, ProtectFly, Site Creator, FlyBlogger, etc. Will those be affected?

As RegisterFly is the direct provider of those services, you will need to contact them directly for questions and information regarding the current state of these services. eNom offers many of these same services and if you choose to create an account with eNom our Customer Support team can assist you in setting up comparable services for your domain names.
11. I tried transferring my domain names to another registrar, but RegisterFly won't give me the necessary authorization ID or password to do so. Is there anything I can do?

If you are pushing your domain names to eNom, we have set up alternate authentication methods specifically for former RegisterFly domain registrants. If you wish to transfer your domain to another registrar, eNom can attempt to intercede on your behalf but cannot guarantee we can force RegisterFly to provide you with that information.
12. What will happen to my DNS services?

eNom will honor the DNS services for those who decide to push their domains to an eNom account.
13. I've recently paid for a renewal at RegisterFly. Will I be able to get my money back?

You will need to directly contact RegisterFly for any account related activities including renewal fees.
14. The whois information on my domain is outdated. How can I update it if I want to push my domain to eNom?

You will first need to update your registrant information by contacting RegisterFly or through their website's domain management section.
15. What if my domain name is expired?

eNom might be able to reclaim your domain name on your behalf. Once you have created your new account, please use our Support Center to contact us if your domain is currently expired. (Note: you must be logged into an eNom account to access our Support Center)
16. How long will it take for my domains to be pushed into my new account?

It can take up to 24 hours for your domains to be pushed into your account. You will receive a confirmation email once the push is complete.

Domain summit 2024

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's about time.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RegisterFly Reseller Termination FAQ

By now you may have received the formal notice to owners of domains which have been registered by eNom via its reseller, RegisterFly.com. Although you purchased your name at RegisterFly, eNom is the actual registrar of record for your domains. eNom powers thousands of domain name retailers and web hosts worldwide.

As an eNom reseller, RegisterFly is contractually bound to adhere to certain standards of customer service in a speedy and diligent manner. Despite our warnings, RegisterFly has elected not to abide by the agreed standards as outlined in their eNom reseller agreement. Effective March 9th, RegisterFly will be terminated as an eNom reseller. You now have two options to retain further management of your domain names, as described below:

OPTION 1
Create a free account at eNomCentral.com and your domain names will automatically be moved to the eNom control panel where you will instantly re-access domain management rights. There is no charge for this service, as eNom is already the registrar of record for your domains. eNom has ensured that you, as a former RegisterFly customer, will receive the same discounted price as when you purchased your domain name at RegisterFly. Your renewal rate will never go up, as long as your domain remains registered to you at eNom. Choose this option now.

OPTION 2
Locate a different ICANN-accredited registrar and manually initiate transfers of each individual domain name you own. For most, this will require you separately request generation of an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) authorization code for each domain. Note that other registrars may require transfers to first pay an additional year's registration.

To assist you in this transition, we have created the following list of Frequently Asked Questions:

1. Who is eNom? Isn't RegisterFly my registrar?

Although you purchased your name at RegisterFly, eNom is the actual registrar of record for your domains. RegisterFly was a reseller of eNom's domain name services. eNom has been an ICANN-accredited registrar since 1997 with nearly 9,000,000 domain names on its platform. eNom powers the websites of thousands of domain name retailers and web hosts worldwide.
2. Why was RegisterFly removed as a domain name reseller for eNom?

All of eNom's resellers are contractually obligated to meet certain standards, terms, and conditions to remain in good standing, including diligence about offering customer service in a timely manner. RegisterFly has chosen not to comply with our standards. We have found RegisterFly to be in breach of our agreement by not providing support to their customers.
3. Will I have to transfer my domain to eNom?

As eNom is already the registrar of record for your domain names, the speediest way to reinstate your management rights is to create a free eNom account. Then we can immediately "push" the domains there from your RegisterFly account. Should you elect to move them elsewhere, you will need to institute a formal transfer procedure from your new registrar.
4. What's the difference between "pushing" a domain and "transferring" a domain?

"Transferring" refers to changing registrars. "Pushing" refers to moving a domain name within the same registrar from one account to another. When you create a free eNom account, we can instantly "push" your domain names there and immediately reinstate your control over those domains.
5. Do I have to push my domain names to an eNom account?

No. Although it is the quickest and easiest option, you have the option to transfer your domain to any ICANN accredited registrar.
6. What if I have a large number of domain names?

To make your transition as easy as possible, we have set up a web page where you may initiate a push of your domain names to an eNom account. Please contact our support team for additional assistance.
7. I noticed on the eNom site that domain registration costs more than RegisterFly. Will I have to pay that new price when I renew my domain name or buy new domains?

As a special courtesy to former RegisterFly customers, your eNom account will be specially coded to match your previous domain name pricing at RegisterFly. You will receive this discounted pricing on domain names as long as you remain an eNom customer.
8. What will happen to my domains if I don't do anything?

Your domain will stay registered at eNom until it expires, however you will not be able to manage it or renew it. You must exercise one of the options listed above in order to regain control of your domain name
9. I am using RegisterFly's webmail. What will happen to my email service and my old emails? What if I'm just using email forwarding?

For hosted email packages purchased through RegisterFly, you will need to contact them directly for assistance. If you have forwarded your domain email address to another email account (i.e. Hotmail, Yahoo) you will continue to receive forwarded emails, but you will not be able to change the forwarded address until you have either pushed your domain to eNom or transferred to another registrar.
10. I have other RegisterFly services attached to my domain name such as web hosting, SSL certificates, ProtectFly, Site Creator, FlyBlogger, etc. Will those be affected?

As RegisterFly is the direct provider of those services, you will need to contact them directly for questions and information regarding the current state of these services. eNom offers many of these same services and if you choose to create an account with eNom our Customer Support team can assist you in setting up comparable services for your domain names.
11. I tried transferring my domain names to another registrar, but RegisterFly won't give me the necessary authorization ID or password to do so. Is there anything I can do?

If you are pushing your domain names to eNom, we have set up alternate authentication methods specifically for former RegisterFly domain registrants. If you wish to transfer your domain to another registrar, eNom can attempt to intercede on your behalf but cannot guarantee we can force RegisterFly to provide you with that information.
12. What will happen to my DNS services?

eNom will honor the DNS services for those who decide to push their domains to an eNom account.
13. I've recently paid for a renewal at RegisterFly. Will I be able to get my money back?

You will need to directly contact RegisterFly for any account related activities including renewal fees.
14. The whois information on my domain is outdated. How can I update it if I want to push my domain to eNom?

You will first need to update your registrant information by contacting RegisterFly or through their website's domain management section.
15. What if my domain name is expired?

eNom might be able to reclaim your domain name on your behalf. Once you have created your new account, please use our Support Center to contact us if your domain is currently expired. (Note: you must be logged into an eNom account to access our Support Center)
16. How long will it take for my domains to be pushed into my new account?

It can take up to 24 hours for your domains to be pushed into your account. You will receive a confirmation email once the push is complete.

Thanks for post dude ;)
I've been wondering what to do as i ave some domains i regged at regfly only a month or so ago & couldn't transfer because of the 60 day icann ruling.
Okay, HOW do i push them from a registerfly account to an enomaccount?cheers

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should have gotten the email already. If not, check your junk mail box.. I found my enom email there with a link to push all my domain automatically back to enom... :)

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is fantastic...hopefully there will be a huge sucking sound of LOTS of domains leaving those losers control.....
Wish it could have happened sooner...I only have 9 names left there...

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should have gotten the email already. If not, check your junk mail box.. I found my enom email there with a link to push all my domain automatically back to enom... :)

no, it hasn't arrived. cheers, but checked.
in my experience enom aren't far off as bad as regfly.
i have emailed their support.
fingers crossed. what a mess, eh? :sigh2:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got my email...did what they asked and created a new account...supposed to be populated with my names but nothing there...I guess I have to go the support route now...yippee!...ugh

OK.. so I just spoke with Enom support(only about a 15 minute wait)...he apologized for the wording of "Immediate domain management" in the email and said that because of the volume it could take up to 24-48 hours for your new account to be populated with your names...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hahahahha. **** registerfly!

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great work Justin !!!
You deserve a round of applause for all your hard work at
Registerflies.com - naturally I'm not saying it was that site alone that finally motivated enom to do something about it but it sure as hell helped a LOT ! Now lets see if Icann finally decide to do something

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
enom is any better? They take a month to respond to my support emails sometimes - if they even do decide to respond!

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great work Justin !!!
You deserve a round of applause for all your hard work at
Registerflies.com - naturally I'm not saying it was that site alone that finally motivated enom to do something about it but it sure as hell helped a LOT ! Now lets see if Icann finally decide to do something
Thank you. It's been a long hard road and a lot of criticism for my site... but alas!

Thank everyone in this forum for not bashing my efforts as they had in other forums. Thank you!

Oh, and Registerfly... Your Customers have been talking but you haven't been listening...

Maybe you can HEAR US NOW!

Visite: www.registerflies.com for the latest updates

BizBot

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They can only push the names still registered with Enom. If you have already renewed names and went through the renew/transfer mess your names are still with Registerfly. If so, you need to transfer them ASAP!

For security reasons I had to fax a photo ID. eNom told me it would be 24 hours before the pushed names were in my account. I was on hold on the phone about 20 minutes and after I faxed my ID I got an email confirmation in about 10 minutes. I give eNom a big thumbs up!

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no, it hasn't arrived. cheers, but checked.
in my experience enom aren't far off as bad as regfly.
i have emailed their support.
fingers crossed. what a mess, eh? :sigh2:

This only applies to domains registered before FEBRUARY 2006 (last year). If you regged it 2 months ago it's with the RF ICANN Accredited account.

You will have to wait 60 days then do a transfer to another registrar if you choose so.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This only applies to domains registered before FEBRUARY 2006 (last year). If you regged it 2 months ago it's with the RF ICANN Accredited account.

You will have to wait 60 days then do a transfer to another registrar if you choose so.

Thankyou Labrocca.
Hopefully their site is still functioning in a months time???
Looks like Moniker will get a lot of action
cheers

elmister

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for post dude ;)
I've been wondering what to do as i ave some domains i regged at regfly only a month or so ago & couldn't transfer because of the 60 day icann ruling.
Okay, HOW do i push them from a registerfly account to an enomaccount?cheers

If were registered less than 2 months ago, they weren't registered through enom, they can't be pushed, and are not affected by this.

NYdomainer

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
eNom had similar problem with PowerPipe regitrar.
The guy there wouldn't let you transfer your domains.
He imposed $250 transfer fee.
As a result he lost 90% of his business.
But not before he ruined peoples lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators