Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

enom enom has their email as contact/owner of my domains

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to take ownership/control of my domains at enom. For the longest time I've let this slide, I have renewal coming up for some domains which I dont want to drop. I've let several drop this year simply because I cant transfer my domains. Their email address catches all requests from competing registrars, today I press "help" on the enom site and it hangs forever. I'm looking to transfer the last of my domains located there to my prefered registrar. So it's known, I've emailed the address that catches my transfer request and never, ever get a reply, I've phoned enom last year, nothing was done, i've requested far too often i gave up on domains coming close to renewal. But the ones coming up now arent ones I'll drop.

Help.

Jack

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
im not a reseller (her dept) but i called anyhow, she wasnt in so i talked to tech support. they directed me to a request help box on the site. I couldnt find it looking on my own, the actuall link to request help is "help" then on that page of about 15 different help topics I would choose the hyperlink in this sentence "Go to the eNom Central® Support Center for answers to your Frequently Asked Questions" From there I need to login to the "help request" part of the site with my main email for my enom login. That brings up what looks like a windows help GUI.. within that plathora of information I'd choose "Request Help" and follow through by filling in the form.

I couldnt find a contact email anywhere on their site.. the tech told me they dont reply to emails, only that request help form. I've lost several not so great names this year, but I have some nice ones about to get stomped on if i dont act quickly here.

Funny, I remember buying some domains in Club Drop through enom. I see people have bought the domains when enom dropped them from my account. I have to wonder how many times this happens. If I only had a few domains, and was more organized this sort of thing wouldnt happen. I put too much trust in some registrars assuming when I pay for a transfer from a competing registrar that I can drift for a while knowing all my domains at enom are either being transferred or have a few more months before renewal. So I don't login for that long. When I do login and see domains dropped I can only accept the loss.

I really dont know how I contain myself with these issues. I gotta pat myself on the back for not losin' it. On one hand I try and look at them like it's not their responsibility to have my best interest at heart, I believe they have alot of work to do and a few domains from customers who want to transfer out arent priority. That makes good business sense when trying to be a bigshot.

On the other hand I have to wonder what sort of bug causes a domains auth code to re-route to enoms special emails (which they apparently dont respond to). Given this is a bug in the system, it's been going on for quite some time, as I experienced losing a good 7 domains over close to a year. Wouldnt such a harmfull bug be fixed after such a long time ?

That said I can only think they gain from it, they must have gained considering they did sell my domains. Ones sitting in my account now, I can buy it for 160.00.. unfortunately I already bought it and it's possibly only worth a couple hundred.

selfish individuals... all i can say.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

If you are not a reseller, then that's the first thing you need to do/

get a reseller account.

lmk if you need one, or still need help with your account.

also, some of the registrars that enom used for clubdrop are no longer part of the program. so if those registrars caught any names for you, and you did not transfer them to enom or renew them, then you would not be able to manage them thru enom anymore.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I looked into a reseller account last year. My only interest in such an account is for a lower cost to renew, and control of my domains. Outside of that I have little interest. When I phoned them last year I found the efforts I had to go through were a bit idiotic. Jumping hoops and singing a song so I can get a reg for under 7$ is unrealistic. At that time I stuck it out with godaddy for 8.95... that isnt too bad really. 8.95 and had very good service as far as registration goes. Hosting is another (horror story) which i wont get into.

Anyhow, I'm done with enom. As far as I'm concerned there should be no issue in managing my domains. They make unheard of revenue from people like myself who only want security and ease of use. I've recently refused buying domains if they're registered there, I'll find another, unless a transfer out is accomplished. Only acception is if i happen to respect or like the seller.

Without trying to plug the competition, I'll say that moniker is the place to be. Those guys are on top of their game, and have managed to keep things real while they've grown. The admin of my domains is great,the price is unbeatable and I dont have to pay to get a good price, nor do i have to say please. They play fair, and i feel secure with my domains. I've moved 100+ domains there over the last month or so and slowly moving another thousand or so as each one gets close to renewal.

There is nothing anyone can tell me to make me respect enom. Their club drop has gotten the best of them. Greed, such an evil thing. money grubbing might be a better term. it's just pathetic. I manage to make money and I don't have to get the better of anyone to do it either. I shake my head when I think of such people.

Daniel Domainer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jack, you say you are not a reseller...how did your domains come to be at enom? Did you buy them at retail directly from enom or from an enom reseller? If you bought them through a reseller, those are the people who are directly responsible for servicing your account. enom only offers service to people who are their direct retail customers or direct ETP resellers.
I couldnt find a contact email anywhere on their site.. the tech told me they dont reply to emails, only that request help form.
I can understand that; it's necessary for any large service company to have a tool to track all help issues by issuing a ticket/issue number.
Funny, I remember buying some domains in Club Drop through enom. I see people have bought the domains when enom dropped them from my account.
Yup, I had that too. I got 3 different mails notifying me that everyone who had ClubDrop domains "via their registrar partners AirNames.com, BatDomains.com, DNSVillage.com, DynaNames.com and ITPan.com" that said, "To continue managing those domains using eNom domain management tools, they need to be transferred to eNom as soon as possible. If you do not take action by September 14, 2006, your service may be interrupted." Meaning that you could no longer administrate them via the enom control panel. I don't know if your names fell into that category, but if they did, that is why.
I have to wonder how many times this happens. If I only had a few domains, and was more organized this sort of thing wouldnt happen. I put too much trust in some registrars assuming when I pay for a transfer from a competing registrar that I can drift for a while knowing all my domains at enom are either being transferred or have a few more months before renewal. So I don't login for that long. When I do login and see domains dropped I can only accept the loss.
Jack, I think you have to accept most of the responsibility for this issue. If enom had faulty procedures in place then you'd constantly see domainers screaming bloody murder like they do with Registerfly. It's easy to call any company "selfish individuals" when the fact is it didn't seem YOU were diligent about protecting your investment. If you don't take the initiative to keep up with your car insurance policy because you had the wrong vehicle listed or you moved and didn't change the address on your policy and didn't know it expired - then you're in an accident and find out you're not covered - whose fault is that?
On the other hand I have to wonder what sort of bug causes a domains auth code to re-route to enoms special emails (which they apparently dont respond to).
It sounds like you may have had their ID Protect service which anonymizes your registered whois info. IMHO it doesn't seem like a matter of trust, but a matter of your due diligence. I log into my account at least once a month...I have too much time and money invested in my domains not to keep up with my investment. I've never seen anyone with a valid action where enom screwed up (I'm sure it happens sometimes) not get their domains back. But I could be wrong.

If you're not a true reseller, maybe check into Bulk Register. They now have the same management tools as enom and you can join for $99 a year. Good luck!

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bottom line....

I bought domains, some on Club Drop, some in forums. They get pushed to my enom account. I expect the ability to manage such domains as I have paid the registration for such a privilege. I've been using enom for a while, and only now that I'm moving domains out I'm having these issues. There should be no issues, I see no option in my domain manager to make my email the one that receives the auth code. This is not asking too much. I personally have little time to get f*cked around having to do a song and dance for what should be a given (managing my domains). When I receive a domain I did not ask for some idiotic protection of which im not aware of nor did i pay for protection. My domains have no privacy on them. If people spam me, i block them, if people threaten me, i deal with it in my own way. So fo whois protection I didnt sign up for it. Doing a whois on any of my domans at enom will show my information. Only when making a request to transfer out, the request gets hi-jacked and I never receive it. Nor am i notified in any way whatsoever. Any accusations from me are purely looking for reason. I can't find a reason why my transfer out request auth code gets hijacked. It's an obvious problem and has never been dealt with.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you're not a true reseller, maybe check into Bulk Register. They now have the same management tools as enom and you can join for $99 a year. Good luck!

I have some domains there already. Their pretty good but I'll be moving them to moniker soon. Many registrars offer domain management with full access for the same price or less than what enom or bulk register charge 99$ and more for. And to be honest, I dont mind paying more when the service is there. I paid godaddy full price registrations for a long time and i used to have hundreds of domains there. I never once used a coupon or asked for special pricing ever. Now I'm moving all my domains to one place, but finding it to be a big job messing with some registrars. The biggest pain in the butt happens to be enom. I'm still waiting for a reply to my "Request Help" thing.

I will get my domains out of there soon. I'm going out of my way to make the time it takes to get it done. After that point I'll not even want to hear there name again.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Did you try to call support?

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did that Theo. They directed me to that "Request Help" link I mentioned.

They did reply to my request after i made my last post. I had to reply to that as well, they dont seem to know what its about yet. I'll see what their reply is tomorrow. If that gets me no where I'll have to play phone tag.

frankdnsforum

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dude, I'm sorry but it's not that hard.

Click on one of the domains, the contact/whois information and change it to whatever you want.

If you need more 'hand holding' with your domaining, then you might want to consider employing someone with domaining knowledge.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

well actually it is!

If you do a whois of an enom domain you will see that enom list
[email protected] as the first email address in the whois, so what happens is this is where the transfer request is sent to instead of the registrant.

The only possible reason I can see for this is to make transfer out difficult.
Very annoying.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Click on one of the domains, the contact/whois information and change it to whatever you want.

If you need more 'hand holding' with your domaining, then you might want to consider employing someone with domaining knowledge.

wtf, you think i have like 3 domans ?

Who left the barn door open ?

frankdnsforum

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well actually it is!

If you do a whois of an enom domain you will see that enom list
[email protected] as the first email address in the whois, so what happens is this is where the transfer request is sent to instead of the registrant.

The only possible reason I can see for this is to make transfer out difficult.
Very annoying.

What?? Transfer emails are specifically sent to the admin and registrant contacts. No other email is used, especially not eNom's (unless it's listed as the registrant or admin of course).

frankdnsforum

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wtf, you think i have like 3 domans ?

Who left the barn door open ?

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you buddy but your posts made you sound like you were new to the game.

Work with eNom support, it sounds like you don't have access to the account where the domains reside. Once you get access you'll be fine.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What?? Transfer emails are specifically sent to the admin and registrant contacts. No other email is used, especially not eNom's (unless it's listed as the registrant or admin of course).

Well this doesn't seem to be the case when transferring from enom to moniker.

Whether this is the fault of monikers transfer request scripting I can't tell you, all I can say is that it is a fact and it is annoying :)

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jack, I think you might be referring to the registrant contact info, which appears above Admin and Tech contacts in the whois. To change it, log in to your eNom account and at the very very top of the page there is a "my info" link - click it and change the contact info here (and remove the [email protected] email). I think some older migrated accounts automatically had eNom's contact info filled in here..

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well this doesn't seem to be the case when transferring from enom to moniker.

Whether this is the fault of monikers transfer request scripting I can't tell you, all I can say is that it is a fact and it is annoying :)

It happens with the other registrars too, out of desperation I tried to transfer at other places with the plan of moving them to moniker after the 2 months. But it appears it also happens to godaddy, still waiting for my refund on the failed transfer at godaddy :) At least moniker doesnt charge until the transfer request is successfull.

Jack, I think you might be referring to the registrant contact info, which appears above Admin and Tech contacts in the whois. To change it, log in to your eNom account and at the very very top of the page there is a "my info" link - click it and change the contact info here (and remove the [email protected] email). I think some older migrated accounts automatically had eNom's contact info filled in here..

I just logged in to check Beachie, Thanks for the tip but it isnt there to be changed.

I'm still waiting for enom to get back to me on this by the way.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you buddy but your posts made you sound like you were new to the game.

Work with eNom support, it sounds like you don't have access to the account where the domains reside. Once you get access you'll be fine.

No worries franksdnsforum.. I'm not offended. I just like to bite back.

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kevin, from my understanding of your posts, you seems to say that Enom's email is listed as the Registrant's addy for your domains, and you don't have the time to update them one by one.. If that's the case, you can simply do a global edit to update the email of Registrant contact for all your domains in one go.

Hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators