Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

enom enom has their email as contact/owner of my domains

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hopefully those domains are com's and net's because Enom's global edit tool affects only their local db when updating info for org/us/info/biz. I have a ticket open with them for a month on this issue.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, All my info is in fact correct. All owner, tech, billing, contact is mine.

When I initiate a transfer the emails for the auth code are sent to enom. I don't know what categorie their contact email falls under.

For the record, enom has yet to help me. I've phoned, I've emailed on more than one occasion.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Jack, PM me a couple of names that fail to transfer.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, seems weird - I transfer out of eNom quite regularly with no problem. Might be part of the new changes at eNom (eNom Central or whatever it's called). Maybe let a trusted member (Acroplex?) log in to your account and try sort it out for you - two heads are better than one, as they say.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hopefully those domains are com's and net's because Enom's global edit tool affects only their local db when updating info for org/us/info/biz. I have a ticket open with them for a month on this issue.

I've lost mostly .com in the past because I wasnt as persistent as I am this last week. The ones I'm very concerned about are also .com which are coming close now, some I've paid alot of money for too. The ones I've lost cost me under 100$ for the most part, turned down an offer of 200 for one that's gone recently. I see I'm not the only one with this problem Theo. I hope yours gets resolved. Let us know. Does it look like thier making an effort at least ? I got one email back from them a few days ago saying they dont know what I'm talking about. I pasted the detailed information to them through email and have had no reply since.

I'm not sure what to think of these people.

Sent you pm Theo, login pw are there... lemme know if you see something i can do, ive been all over that site looking for something without luck.

Jack

Yeah, seems weird - I transfer out of eNom quite regularly with no problem. Might be part of the new changes at eNom (eNom Central or whatever it's called). Maybe let a trusted member (Acroplex?) log in to your account and try sort it out for you - two heads are better than one, as they say.

It's been going on for quite some time. I'm concerned now for three domains in particular which I won't sit idle for. I can risk losing the one that expires in november, but not the others.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Jack, check your PMs please.

Also, just noticed that Enom has already implemented EPP codes for .com domains!

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your trying to transfer-in to moniker and their "Moniker Transfer In Auth code for Domain " gets redirected to enom just send the list of domains to [email protected] along with their EPP Transfer codes and your moniker account number and moniker will manually initiate the transfers...

jim

oops sorry need to add
Send an email message to [email protected] and include your name, phone number and account number as well as the list of domains you would like transfered to Moniker. If you have EPP Domains (.biz, .info, .cn, .us, etc), please include EPP Transfer codes with each EPP domain in your email.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jack, I think you have to accept most of the responsibility for this issue. If enom had faulty procedures in place then you'd constantly see domainers screaming bloody murder like they do with Registerfly. It's easy to call any company "selfish individuals" when the fact is it didn't seem YOU were diligent about protecting your investment.

You don't seem to understand. The domains are at enom, I bought some from enom through their Club Drop, bought some from people. I login to ENOM.com and the domains are there. They have so many resellers, so perhaps they got a little disorganized maybe ? I pay enom, they place domain in my account, before renewal time at 29.99 i want to move to a registrar i trust, and enom gets the email that is required with the auth code in it to finalize the transfer. I have emailed the email that receives "MY" authcode but never get a reply (the email is sent to enom.com) I have phoned enom though the year, I've emailed [email protected]. [email protected], [email protected] and every other possible email.. I've use the "Request Help" system they implimented. You name it, I've done it. You say I should have tried harder to save a 50-100$ domain ? I'll tell you, for 50-100 it better take me less than a freeking hour to have it, and be all wrapped up. Thus far I've logged alot of hours and will soon loose my cool. I'm going above and beyond now because my losses are piling up. It didnt make sense to bow down to this BS for the previous domains considering the only way i can save them is by giving them money.

James
If your trying to transfer-in to moniker and their "Moniker Transfer In Auth code for Domain " gets redirected to enom just send the list of domains to [email protected] along with their EPP Transfer codes and your moniker account number and moniker will manually initiate the transfers...

jim

oops sorry need to add
Send an email message to [email protected] and include your name, phone number and account number as well as the list of domains you would like transfered to Moniker. If you have EPP Domains (.biz, .info, .cn, .us, etc), please include EPP Transfer codes with each EPP domain in your email.

I'll do that jim, and I'll post the results. If all goes well they will deserve a plug big time. I've tried the automated system through more than one registrar. Moniker has actually helped me alot, I'll bet they do this without much effort from my end.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

jim

oops sorry need to add

exactly, but the whole point is that you shouldn't have to do this

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
exactly, but the whole point is that you shouldn't have to do this

Hi
Shouldn't have to is correct . I find if you do a whois at netsol the first contact is enom or a enom reseller..heres a example of a whois from netsol of a domain registered at enom that I'll be transferring out soon:

https://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

Visit AboutUs.org for more information about ******.COM
AboutUs: ******.COM

Domain name: *****.COM

Administrative Contact:
(this is accurate)

try it
This is what the transferring-in registrar is seeing first and sending the email to

jim

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got busy and didnt reply right away.

Just wanted to mention that Moniker took my personal email request and handled it for me. They informed me they received my request and confirmed as soon as it was successful.

Much thanks to Moniker.com .. even greedy godaddy couldnt get them. It's nice I can relax a little now.

Thanks to everyone in the thread as well. It's much appreciated.

Jack

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got busy and didnt reply right away.

Just wanted to mention that Moniker took my personal email request and handled it for me. They informed me they received my request and confirmed as soon as it was successful.

Much thanks to Moniker.com .. even greedy godaddy couldnt get them. It's nice I can relax a little now.

Thanks to everyone in the thread as well. It's much appreciated.

Jack

Monikers "hands on" approach and personalized attention makes them the Domainers Choice Registrar .. In my opinion....
I had some active transfers that for reasons I won't go into :mad2: got transferred elseware and moniker credited my account right away.. no 3-5 business days crap..congrats

jim

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why don't you push the names to a trusted member, and let him help you?
I can't understand how you won names at Club Drop without being a reseller, I am pretty sure Club Drop isn't available for regular accounts?
and you paid the $30 reg fee on top of the club drop price???

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi
Shouldn't have to is correct . I find if you do a whois at netsol the first contact is enom or a enom reseller..heres a example of a whois from netsol of a domain registered at enom that I'll be transferring out soon:

https://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

Visit AboutUs.org for more information about ******.COM
AboutUs: ******.COM

Domain name: *****.COM

Administrative Contact:
(this is accurate)

try it
This is what the transferring-in registrar is seeing first and sending the email to

jim

Isn't netcheap GiantDomains'?

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom is run by one of the biggest scumbags in the registrar business.

Get your names out of there.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The reason is this:

If you look at the raw whois output, the first "email" found is this:
[email protected]
At the very top.

Most registrars parse the whois information and send an email to the first found on the whois output. That's why you never get the email transfer requests.

Solution:
In the case of Moniker, just ask them to transfer the domains by emailing to [email protected]. They'll initiate the transfer manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators