Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

enom ENOM >>> I just got screwed, Thanks for the lesson.

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jr360

DNCEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got screwed.....

Just lost a domain that enom wants $160 for now...

And one other just expired without notification... LLLL.com i now need to pay $29 for...

I have a few choice words....
JR

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, you failed to be on top of things, including checking your due expirations and failing to renew before the grace period ends. I get so many notifications from eNom about upcoming expirations that I find it difficult if not impossible to lose a domain; unless I don't log into my account for 90 days.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It just got even worse for me than that, JR. I was reviewing domains that my own spreadsheet says was coming due for renewal. I went to BulkRegister/Enom to renew it only to find it wasn't there.

When I inquired, I was told by Customer Support that I had pushed it to another account last Summer. I replied immediately that this was false, that I never did so, that they needed to get an audit if the IP's where the domain was ordered pushed from. I also requested they contact the present holder and ask them how they obtained it. They have not responded.

The domain is now about to enter RGP and still no replies to updated submitted tickets. Someone named Alvaro Graca seems to be assigned to it but I have heard nothing new.

Last edited:

VTEC

Flying at 9.200 rpm...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got screwed.....

Just lost a domain that enom wants $160 for now...

why $160 ?? are they offering this domain to you or wtf is going on ?

(don't have much experience with enom)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Domain is past expiration and in RGP (Redemption Grace Period). The registrar reserves the right to charge a fee for restoring a domain to active status, once the fee is paid.

Bottom line: renew your domains on time.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As said above you need to keep track of your assets and not rely on courtesy reminders.
Now a peculiarity with Enom, they invented the 'extended redemption period' concept. Often when a name expires they are renewing the name and keeping it to themselves.
But the name is still active and is NOT in redemption despite the confusing parlance which IMO is BS. In clear you are paying the enom ransom - it's not the out of redemption fee.
That is one of the reasons I am wary of Enom. But you should only blame yourself. Either pay the fee or take a chance with a backorder to catch the name when and if they release it...

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In clear you are paying the enom ransom
Paying 'ransom' for something you no longer have rights to since your contract
expired? Heck, eNom could just delete the domain name after expiration if they
felt like it. (which currently they don't...)

But...people believe whatever they want, even if it's not necessarily accurate.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are right Dave, my point is that enom is not being upfront and creating confusion with their BS jargon (suggesting that the name is in some 'redemption status' when it is not) to justify their fee.

Same story happened to me a few years back. Also I have noticed that after they take possession of the name they apply whois privacy on it. Why are they hiding ? Is that to blur the ownership trail ? Lame if you ask me...
I am always under the impression they will gladly screw you if they can.

BUT relying on renewal reminders clearly is the #1 mistake in domaining.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also I have noticed that after they take possession of the name they apply whois privacy on it. Why are they hiding ? Is that to blur the ownership trail ?

Or maybe to avoid liability. In my previous registrar life, I've gotten anywhere
from "gentle requests" to "threats" to remove their name and contact details
from expired domain names.

In eNom's case, obviously only they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom