Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

enom eNom, Inc. acquired by group led by former MySpace.com chairman

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
sorry - been healing a back injury and busy with the big live domain auction at TRAFFIC West yesterday - we sold $2.1M in domains...biggest day ever.

Again, we take care of all dnforum members and I think most will vouch for our service, support, and security.

daveb1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've just had a quick look at the moniker site, and the prices... it seems that unless I prepay $1000 the prices are worse not better than enom (I pay $8.95 for .com at the moment). What would I have to prepay to get $8.95 or below if I cantacted you as a DNForum user?

Cheers

Dave

goekhan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
daveb1 said:
I've just had a quick look at the moniker site, and the prices... it seems that unless I prepay $1000 the prices are worse not better than enom (I pay $8.95 for .com at the moment). What would I have to prepay to get $8.95 or below if I cantacted you as a DNForum user?

Cheers

Dave

Moniker Costs for DNF Members:
$6.95 .com / $5.49 .net / $6.95 .org / $4.49 .info

fkrule

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
got a few names there hope there is no maddness going to happen so far things are calm

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No problems with Enom. Not sure why all this conspiracy theory talk takes place here. Businesses get acquired all the time.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because the company taking it over seems to be led by a person with bad intentions (spyware installs) and they are in the exact same business as all of us. It doesn't mean anything is going to go down the tubes there, but there are many factors that could certainly make that a possibility.

I've also been very upset with their support lately. They just brush off when you call and tell you to create a ticket. I kept getting an error on their shopping cart page when trying to register IDNs. It would take over a half hour sometimes to checkout. The issue probably still isn't resolved even though I have told them multiple times about it over the past few months.

Their support = lazy
Their technical stability = not the best
The recent takeover = raises a bunch of new questions

Put in all into perspective and decide for yourself if they are or are not the registrar that is right for you.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is definitely a bad idea. I am a frequent enom club drop user... I have to bid against other domainers for good names, ending up often I have over-paid one's actual true value. If Demand Media acquired enom, not only they 'might' keep good names for themself. They might start bidding and pushing the price of the snapped domains very high. Afterall, it doesn't hurt them to either lost the auction to someone overpaying the price or they get the good name themself. Either way, Demand Media will be the beneficiary...

Btw... I want to comment on enom's support. I think they are very good and very responsive. I do have $6.95 reseller account with them and so far I am very happy. :)

rileez

I Blame /.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
No problems with Enom. Not sure why all this conspiracy theory talk takes place here. Businesses get acquired all the time.
Just like the EV1-Theplanet merger. People are leaving, mad blah blah because of it. I see it as better things to come since there is more money to play with. After strong thought with enom I think the same. I dont think it will ruin the service or make them thieves on drops. IMO I think better things will come.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eNom are great, I'm sure they will continue to be great.

I have decided to register new names with Moniker though.. nothing to do with the merger or anything else just decided to try them out.

goekhan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Enom is great. I had never problems with their service. Support is A++

DonaldLyons said:
Mention DNForm and get $6.95 per standard domain - [email protected] + $.25 to return a .com or .net within 4 days. :)

Hi Don,

I got your email and I sent you 2 times a mail with questions (five days ago) but never get an answer.... :(

Darren06

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are transfers cheap too for DNForum members?

anonymoos

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eNom is indeed a changing company and everyone would be wise to proceed with extreme caution. Here's a link to the lawsuit brought against intermix:
http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/2005/apr/apr28a_05.html or just google "intermix spyware".

they've already changed the process for restoring expired domains by not applying the host records when the domain is restored. traffic revenue is a big part of the model now it seems and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they begin funneling a portion of traffic from all domains to the traffic project. The numbers would be small and hard for an individual domain owner to notice and they could do this for quite some time before seriously being challenged. They do run DNS for most of the domains.

I also heard that they are about to buy bulkregister. What gives? Is traffic their new model?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That lawsuit ended shortly after with Intermix settling on a $7.5 million payout and since then InterMix was bought out by NewsCorp (actually almost a year to the day)

The not changing the domain host records on clubdrop, pre-release and expired domains has always been the same or at least I have known it to be this way since well before any buy out talks.

I think your comments on then funneling out traffic is breaching on libel as you have no basis whatsoever for that comment.

And unless you have insider information on a bulkregister buyout then you really should post something to back up that comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators