Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Ensure the security of your domain.

chayan

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With regard to domain security, I will tell you the points step by step. You will have a special request to read the whole article patiently.
  • Domains you register or purchase from any marketplace. Always register or own in your own name. For example, use your correct email, phone number, current address and your original name.
  • Always lock the domain from your Domain Manage / Control option. Unlock the domain only when transferring the domain to another registrar company. Moreover, never unlock the domain, do not forget the mind.
  • Use the Whois protection service for your domain. Many registrar companies offer this service for free, while many registrar companies charge 1 to 2 dollars per year for this service. If you use this service, someone checks your domain's whistle. Then, the address given in your domain administrator. For example, your name, phone number and e-mail will be hidden. So I would advise you to use the Who Is Security service.
  • Enter the password strongly when opening an account on the registrar's portal from the registrar company from which you will receive the domain service, and turn on the two-step verification system from the portal's settings option. This two step verification system is provided on the portal of each registrar company. Ensure the security of the email through which the registrar has opened an account on the company's portal.
Additional tips about security: The computer from which you use software, themes and scripts with cakes or malware. It is better not to enter the control panel of the domain from that computer.

Domain summit 2024

chayan

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very informative about the basic step to be taken before registering a domain name.

If anyone had a valuable and very important domain name I would suggest using https://DNProtect.com services to protect the domain names.
DNProtect I haven't used it yet But there is a desire to use it.

aleksey.k

Snake Charmer (Python3, DevOps)
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DNProtect I haven't used it yet But there is a desire to use it.
You should definitely give it a try. You may as well found out something new about your domain name security attributes. Although it takes up to 2 minutes for DNP to evaluate your domain when it's being added for the first time

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i'm sure those who have domain names with exceptional value might consider such, though owners of top tier domain portfolio's tend to have attorney's on retainer.

also, for newbie domainers,
one has to consider the additional monthly/yearly cost, per domain name.... on top of cost to maintain portfolio.
as these services aren't free.

and that is another issue, as you aspire to acquired higher quality domains
the more you spend to acquire them and the more they become valuable...
now you got to be concerned if somebody tries to steal your name or if you'll get into legal disputes.

domaining ain't/isn't so simple, as you may have thought
but if you at least do steps in initial post, you should be good.

imo....

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom