Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Epik is Done - ICANN Sends Letter of Registrar Breach

Domain summit 2024

iyadkoo

Level 4
Reaction score
i have two domains at epik
is they at risk of lose?
or what?

Level 4
Reaction score
It has begun. Like I predicted. Act quickly as once that notice of breach is sent the clocks starts ticking...

If they don't come up with millions by the 22nd they're going to lose their accreditation.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nobody is going to give them the money.

They are done. @404

Who will buy the registrations? That's the question. 🤔

Epik still has 600,000 domains under management. Quite a big number.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All the Epik registrations that have been lost.

Going down! ⬇️

1685784822223.png

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This keeps getting weirder.

NameGala

Level 1
Reaction score
The new Epik LLC said they paid ICANN in full and other things. Looks to be Epik people, whoever they are since it's not quite clear. It's been pointed out that their post on NP reflects the tweets on their official Twitter account here - https://twitter.com/beepik

Just some from their post:

1. JJE, TVT, and Adkisson were all paid today and released lawsuits. The sale of Epik Holdings Inc to Epik LLC was able to close.
2. ICANN was paid in full today.
3. Identity Digital was paid in full today.
4. Verisign was paid in full today
5. All aftermarket options were removed from epik.com today.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nobody trusts Epik anymore. @NameGala

I doubt ICANN will be pleased with the response but I don't know.

Last edited:

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just don't get it ...

@Helmuts is Epik still involved with DNForum?

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
I just don't get it ...

@Helmuts is Epik still involved with DNForum?

Not really. Why? .. I use the TerraHost for hosting DNForum (have a dedicated server there), and that is it.

Yes, the trademark is also in discussions - I believe we will sort these out without lawyers and bloodshed :)

There was a previous Epik moderator, though his account got removed from here.

--

And still don't know much about the whole Epik saga. .. hate the negativity and toxic people

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, the trademark is also in discussions - I believe we will sort these out without lawyers and bloodshed :)
Was it ever transferred from Adam? I believe it took months to try and get him to hand it over, if he ever did (it was one thing I worked on).

If it's in Epik's hands now, I doubt it'll be as hard as it was attempting to get it from Adam as he seemed to ignore every message regarding it from various people... until the lawyers got involved.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Terrahost commented on LowEndTalk.

This does not affect Terrahost in any way. We are a separate entity, and if anything it would just mean a change of ownership.

We are going full freight forward, and as you may know, DC3 is almost at completion these days. The first servers are already in testing and we are bringing clients servers up next week.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update:

All ICANN breach requirements have been met and we will work with ICANN to properly comply by June 22. All underlying registries have been paid and funded and all batched domains have been processed that were hung up for lack of funding. Luckily all domains were saved in time. It would appear that all registrations and renewals are working properly. There may be a few stragglers still resolving through mid morning Tuesday the 6th. But all domain functions should be working at this point.

We are hoping all customer support emails and phones will be back fully operational this week.

We will start working through the long list of in store credits the week of June 12th, 2023. There's a lot of problems Epik Holdings Inc made for themselves and a lot of fraud from customers that Epik Holdings Inc didn't have the sophistication to deal with. People trying to pay with Alt coins, the software not knowing what to do, creating masterbucks/credit, and then saying Epik robbed them when they were trying to pay with worthless crypto. The story isn't nearly as bad as many posts here make it seem. There's a lot to work through, and we're not minimizing the pain some of you have had to go through. Many people did normal transactions and just got caught in a cash crunch that Epik Holdings Inc had. It might take some time, but we will try to do right for as many people as possible. Everyone would have gotten zero if Epik had done bankruptcy so it might not be as fast of a resolution as you all would like, but we're making progress and already doing better than the alternative.

We're sorry that so many of you have been so inconvenienced over the past year, but the future is bright. Thank you to those that have stuck with us during this tough time.

Also, FYI, the asset purchase agreement that was leaked was not the asset purchase agreement Epik LLC used to acquire certain assets from Epik Holdings Inc. That deal was ruined by a temporary restraining order. We did not purchase Masterbucks or any crypto alternative resilient ecosystem stuff. Just domain software and clients. We will not be offering aftermarket, escrow, crypto, or any of the alternative resilient ecosystem ideas. Just domain registration and management.

When acquiring assets it is very common to form a new surviving LLC, use a registered agent service in a state with friendly laws, and use Independent Director services to facilitate a special purpose entity when there are a lot of logistics. This was a complicated deal. We hope to serve and help as many people that will let us. There were a lot of mistakes made and a lot to work through. Thank you for your patience as we do our best to help as many people as possible.

Will try to update again by end of the week June 16 on the progress made towards making things right for customers with in store credit. Maybe it will be an epik couple weeks. You stay epik naming professionals. We'll keep trying to fix things.

Epik LLC

This was posted elsewhere.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So far they haven't been real forthcoming on identities.
On the other hand, do you know the identities of the people of all the registrars you're working with?
GoDaddy is a public company, but all the others like Dynadot, Porkbun, etc.?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom