Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed erm....

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

D4_Media

erm ... dont know exactly how to say this but ive got a little idea just no sure how anyone else would feel about this.

My old boss who i worked for now runs an Internet Services company and he has asked me if i want a job. The job would be selling professional domain appraisals. I was wondering if the people who are very talented and helpful would like to do the appraisals for us. We would be charging our customers £10 around $20 per appraisal. I would offer anyone here who appraised the names for us $10 for every domain they appraised.
You are all very talented in spotting problems and good points with domain names so if you are interested in helping us just let me know :)

The domain we might be registering for this would be
domain-appraisals.com
dont know the good or bad points of this name but its what we woudl be doing lol

let me know what you think :)

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hope you registered the domain already.

D

D4_Media

can the people who sent me PM's please send me their email addresses please :) thank you

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can't register the name because it's already taken. Luckily it seems to be for sale, but it'll probably cost you a few hundred dollars to get it. The .biz extension is available if that's any help.

D

D4_Media

i made a mistake with the name lol it will be .biz not .com as its already taken . the name isnt 100% decided on yet though :)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hope your not building a spam list.

D

D4_Media

nope lol if you people would prefer i can keep you posted in here but email would be easier so i can email you when i need a domain appraised

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain we might be registering for this would be
domain-appraisals.com
dont know the good or bad points of this name but its what we woudl be doing lol. let me know what you think :) [/B]

That name has been registered for some time so I take it you mean you might buy it from the owner. Personally I would look for one with no hyphens. It will be hard to convince people you know a good domain name when you see one when your own name has a hyphen in it.

PS - I just saw you post that you are considering the .biz.
Using a hyphenated .biz name will insure that NO ONE will take you seriously.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should get your site up and running, so people on here know you're legit. You don't even have a domain yet, and the one you mentioned is still available. Sounds a little fishy.

P

President Gringo

you really should be looking on the board and asking people by invitiation to do the appraisals. When doing professional apprasials, you need to provide figures etc. I still keep in touch with a guy who use to run another domain forum and he use to be shit hot on apprasals, giving professional stats etc. I'll mention him to you.

D

D4_Media

i have to get back to my boss with the chosen domain name etc tomorrow morning as it is now 10pm so nothig will be happening until tomorrow anyway.
if you can think of a reasonably good name i'd be glad to hear it , and for the record ...yes this is for real and not a hoax !

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Put an ad in Domain Names Wanted.

Also, this post should be moved, it is not an appraisal.

D

D4_Media

domain apprasials isnt the only thing he does , he also does website deisgn and hosting ( i think) so the money made from the appraisals will be just extra cash and wont be highly important (just just bring some playing money into the company if times get rough )

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't listen to me, lol.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just registered one for you.

TLDAppraisal.com

I didn't want to put it here before registering.
Someone could steal it.

If you like it pay the reg. cost + my bank costs=$15

My best name for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators