Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.es registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, from the few posts I've been able to find, it seems .es is impossible for an American to register. Is this true? Were other country tlds like that before, such as .de and .co.uk? I've got two .es domains I'd like to register. One's a great spanish phrase and the other would get thousands of type in traffic a month. I would appreciate some help with this. I've seen news that .fr domains are become less strict on requirements, any chance of .es doing the same?

Thanks,
azt

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is pratically impossible and you will need a Spanish company and you cannot register a generic name.
You can register .com.es on any generic terms but you will need an interest in Spain let me know if you need help with that.
Let me know if you need names or help.

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.there are many many .es type in dn unregister..I generated a list over 50 of them ..I may move to spain for a couple of months to reg a company with 50 names :)))))

There is no online service to do this for u... the best u can do is to get one dn if u have a contact in spain..more then that is actually imposible.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
missedcall said:
.there are many many .es type in dn unregister..I generated a list over 50 of them ..I may move to spain for a couple of months to reg a company with 50 names :)))))

lol.

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid of this. Oh well, I've found a few other countries to reg. the same name with and I think they will still drive in traffic. It's just one of my many experiments I want to try, unfortunately most country ext's cost an arm and a leg to reg.

:azt

NameRegistration

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
missedcall said:

The only problem you will find is that you can’t register a company in Spain with a generic name. That’s why a lot of good .es still unreg.

MARCARIA.COM

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now anyone can register a .es domain name. You only need to check if the name you want is available for registration.

floES

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After 2 years, he's for sure still interested...

llexx

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.es is no longer restricted.

Now, anyone can register .es 2nd level domain.

You can register them with iDotz or Moniker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom