Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.es (Spain) unrestricted Landrush

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
November 8th at 7 AM (Madrid Time).

in the past it was only possible to register .com.es easily, the .es was hard restricted! The Registry opens now the TLD to second Level Domains.
Registry splits the Landrush to different dates, thats a sign for a big rush! I thin no one expected such a big interest! 38% of all american speak spanish! 540.000.000 People world wide speak spanish! Until now only 100k Domains are Registered!

"Alphabetical divide": Aparently the Registry decided to split the load of domain names according to the first character of the name.
Accordingly, it is not possible to register a name starting with an M before November 11th. Obviously, names with an A (and so on) can be registered every day.

- November 8th: only .ES names which start with a number or with the letter A to B (included) are accepted.

- November 9th: only .ES names which start with a number or with the letter A to E (included) are accepted.

- November 10th: only .ES names which start with a number or with the letter A to N (included) are accepted.

- November 11th: all names, whatever their first letter, are accepted.

cu

Freddy

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What an odd launch concept. Do they require an address in Spain?

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How much will a .es reg cost?
Thanks,
jens

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks,
Jens

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess they are doing it this way to avoid being overloaded :)

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
funny. the .in landrush was much larger but didn't require a multiple day launch.

is euroDNS the only one doing backorders?

if so, are they the ones who requested the multiple day launch to try to keep up?

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
KwelX said:
funny. the .in landrush was much larger but didn't require a multiple day launch.

is euroDNS the only one doing backorders?

if so, are they the ones who requested the multiple day launch to try to keep up?

Hey KwelX, you can read it also on the Registry site that they have a multiple day launch, if you understand spanish.

Freddy

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
EuroDNS and all the other sites I tried already have all the "goodies" tied up - shame...

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edwin said:
EuroDNS and all the other sites I tried already have all the "goodies" tied up - shame...

I registered a few, I think there are still some good ones left.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edwin said:

Edwin, no need to check it now. Registry has a problem. all .es show taken for the moment. Thats the reason you see all "goodies" taken.

Freddy

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the link to the backorder page on these .es names (in english please) and why isn't there a US flag on the site with all the others for language? Oh that's right, the UK speaks something close to US english so I'll select their flag.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
What is the link to the backorder page on these .es names (in english please) and why isn't there a US flag on the site with all the others for language? Oh that's right, the UK speaks something close to US english so I'll select their flag.

Stocdoctor,

you think we would sell more if we add a US Flag?

By the way, whois of the .es Registry is up again.

Freddy

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
freddy ... if we 'reserve' a .es through you is the charge refunded if not registered?

mike

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
Stocdoctor,

you think we would sell more if we add a US Flag?

By the way, whois of the .es Registry is up again.

Freddy

Actually yes. When a search is done on .es, it takes you to a page in some foreign language. Not a complete dummy but a pompous American like me looks for a US flag to convert the page to English, but finding none gets a bit frustrated and put off. Then we idgits figure out that they also speak something close to english in the UK and AU so we click on those if available. Just having a US flag would make the joint a little warmer too cause we don't particularly feel too comfortable with too much alien stuff. :p

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Actually yes. When a search is done on .es, it takes you to a page in some foreign language. Not a complete dummy but a pompous American like me looks for a US flag to convert the page to English, but finding none gets a bit frustrated and put off. Then we idgits figure out that they also speak something close to english in the UK and AU so we click on those if available. Just having a US flag would make the joint a little warmer too cause we don't particularly feel too comfortable with too much alien stuff. :p

ok, I will discuss it in the next design meeting. should be not a problem. (normally)

Freddy

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namewaiter said:
freddy ... if we 'reserve' a .es through you is the charge refunded if not registered?

mike

I would also like to know the answer to this question.

- Rob

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Leading Names said:
I would also like to know the answer to this question.

- Rob

i guess lack of response means no refunds?

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namewaiter said:
i guess lack of response means no refunds?

sorry folks, I did not saw this post. Was the last on the page!
if you prepay for a .es and you will not get it the money will be refund immediately to your Account and you are able to reuse it for the next name. I guess all registrars do it in this way, or not?

Freddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom