Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Escalation to unresolved forum sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:hug: I missed you...sell anything?

And I would also like to add, that certain people in this thread (not naming anyone) have basically said Johnn, a moderator of this forum and a very respected reliable member here has somehow "snaked" this deal and came in and either paid more or bought these name out from under tekz with bad will..and I for one think this is unfair to damage someones' reputation like that or make those unfair accusations about him...blame the seller, yes.
But do not throw Johnn under the bus here...

Please escalate this sales thread to unresolved forum sales.

http://www.dnforum.com/f5/3-x-lll-net-fire-sale-only-2200-including-yiw-net-thread-251578.html

and is a seller of potential fraud.

And not to mention the poster of this thread loosely throwing around the word "FRAUD" in the opening about birdfly...it's ok to do this here on DNF?
What fraud?

Sorry if I am stirring up alot of conflict here guys, but this is a conflictual subject and people decided to re-open threads about this after Adam closed the first one. So here we are.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This whole thread is unreal.

If posting sold is no longer an acceptable form of claiming a name because of potential excuses the seller can come up with that didnt make them " comfortable " its a slippery slope. Maybe next time the buyer no longer felt comfortable after postig sold, maybe the buyer sends funds after receiving paypal info to find out 3 days later it was sold to someone else and loses his paypal fee's... I mean the implications go on and on and on.

If you are not willing to accept SOLD in a sales thread then dont post a name for sale. I couldnt say it any clearer. We each deserve the ability to follow through and complete deals. Now in saying that if there is certain criteria one needs to meet in order to buy that is ok but do not send that buyer your paypal address and confirm their posting of " SOLD " only later to back out and resale immdiately to another member. Hash it out first, especially in this situation, each is unique.

I am shocked at the direction this thread took after going to bed. There is no longer respect for the original poster, he has been insulted and threatened in his own thread asking for help. A common theme here on dnf , a bad seed has spread among some members whjo feel them can do this continually and it is ruiningthe experience of domaining, fun and dare I say business of others. I will no longer reply in this thread, it needs to be locked and the trash needs to be removed once and for all, it's starting to stink around here and quite frankly it's stinking up the whole place. Restore DNF to a place of order, this involves raising the maturity bar and enforcing the rules. I with held commenting on the disrespect and immaturity which evolved from page one. I no longer can keep quiet, for me, tekz or the community.

Forget TRAFFIC dinner,you want to hear some advice Adam, garbage day was yesterday, you didnt take it out when you should have and now the whole house stinks ! People live in fear any thread can become grounds for attack, fights and out right stupidity. This is not the DNF I joined .

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This whole thread is unreal.

If posting sold is no longer an acceptable form of claiming a name because of potential excuses the seller can come up with that didnt make them " comfortable " its a slippery slope. Maybe next time the buyer no longer felt comfortable after postig sold, maybe the buyer sends funds after receiving paypal info to find out 3 days later it was sold to someone else and loses his paypal fee's... I mean the implications go on and on and on.

If you are not willing to accept SOLD in a sales thread then dont post a name for sale. I couldnt say it any clearer. We each deserve the ability to follow through and complete deals. Now in saying that if there is certain criteria one needs to meet in order to buy that is ok but do not send that buyer your paypal address and confirm their posting of " SOLD " only later to back out and resale immdiately to another member. Hash it out first, especially in this situation, each is unique.

I am shocked at the direction this thread took after going to bed. There is no longer respect for the original poster, he has been insulted and threatened in his own thread asking for help. A common theme here on dnf , a bad seed has spread among some members whjo feel them can do this continually and it is ruiningthe experience of domaining, fun and dare I say business of others. I will no longer reply in this thread, it needs to be locked and the trash needs to be removed once and for all, it's starting to stink around here and quite frankly it's stinking up the whole place. Restore DNF to a place of order, this involves raising the maturity bar and enforcing the rules. I with held commenting on the disrespect and immaturity which evolved from page one. I no longer can keep quiet, for me, tekz or the community.

Forget TRAFFIC dinner,you want to hear some advice Adam, garbage day was yesterday, you didnt take it out when you should have and now the whole house stinks ! People live in fear any thread can become grounds for attack, fights and out right stupidity. This is not the DNF I joined .

yes thats all very melodramatic, but the fact stands that people have the right to do business with who they feel comfortable with, I would have no hesitation about relisting a name if I didn't feel comfortable with the buyer.

Most of the time its the seller who has to beware not the buyer.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes thats all very melodramatic, but the fact stands that people have the right to do business with who they feel comfortable with, I would have no hesitation about relisting a name if I didn't feel comfortable with the buyer.

Most of the time its the seller who has to beware not the buyer.

I am not saying it is unacceptable in all circumstances but it needs to be done in a more respectful and professional manner. If for example you bought a name from me and the next morning I said " name sold to X because I didnt feel comfortable with you or saw a post you dont follow through on sale " , ok but what if you just lent funds, already sent me payment before reading the PM went to the bank etc. The seller ( any seller ) needs to have patience, I close deals all the time with some of the most well known domainers around and even they can get forgetful, distracted or disappear for a few days. We need to move and operate in a professional manner. Simply stating sorry sold to someone else, you didnt qualify after accepting your offer and giving you my paypal is wrong. Again genralizing is tough as each situation unique. But there needs to be some level of diligence.

Deanzhang

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I will no longer reply in this thread, it needs to be locked and the trash needs to be removed once and for all, it's starting to stink around here and quite frankly it's stinking up the whole place. Restore DNF to a place of order, this involves raising the maturity bar and enforcing the rules. I with held commenting on the disrespect and immaturity which evolved from page one. I no longer can keep quiet, for me, tekz or the community.

You said, you will no longer reply in this thread, but you are still here to make your posts more and more, keep updating your posts. Hope you will not edit your posts again and reply again.
How long will this argument end?
You can go to sleep and do a good dream, or attend your childs.

I am much shocked to see that you are so eager to stick up for the tekz999, and ignored the seller's rights and declarations in his original thread.

IMO, the seller already declared the rights. And it is reasonable for him to cancel the deal with a buyer he found it would be dubious or very bad reputation because of many complaints.
Do you think the seller should risk to deal with such a person?
Everyone has his own rights to safeguard himself from dangerous persons.
And the very important one is the seller already declared in the first post when selling domains he do have the rights.
It is very WRONG if you consider someone as high reputation only regard his itrader score but regardless of so many dealers' complaints to him.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hope you will not edit your posts again and reply again.

I am much shocked to see that you are so eager to stick up for the tekz999, and ignored the seller's rights and declarations in his original thread.

IMO, the seller already declared the rights. And it is reasonable for him to cancel the deal with a buyer he found it would be dubious or very bad reputation because of many complaints.
Do you think the seller should risk to deal with such a person?
Everyone has his own rights to safeguard himself from dangerous persons.
And the very important one is the seller already declared in the first post when selling domains he do have the rights.
It is very WRONG if you consider someone as high reputation only regard his itrader score but regardless of so many dealers' complaints to him.

1) I edit to correct a spelling mistake and add a point, and felt like replying to Virtual, get over it.
2) I am defending tekz as he got screwed.
3) The seller's right :lol: Right to ruin his own reputation imo.
4) Tekz is respected and not dangerous I find this statement ridiculous !
5) He sent him his paypal for payment, he killed any right to say he didnt trust him after that, he backed out pure and simple.

Ethics are comletely lost on this board lately and people who feel they should do business like this with lame after the fact excuses need to be told so by mods. Johnn knows Tekz is good for the money and needed to tell the seller to first settle things with Tekz or at least check first with him. What if Tekz sent payment ? To me the paypal address was and is the biggest hole in any defense to the action. It is down right scarey how people view topics such as this, sad really.

Deanzhang

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I will no longer reply in this thread, it needs to be locked and the trash needs to be removed once and for all, it's starting to stink around here and quite frankly it's stinking up the whole place. Restore DNF to a place of order

You have said, "I will no longer reply in this thread".
If one person could not stand by his promise, why should we still need to listen to his other words?

You trusted tekz999, is your own business, the seller do not trust tekz999 regarding too many complaints from other member to tekz999, it is his rights.
How long will this argument end? You hope this argument never end?

What you should do at least, is to stand by your own promise, and leave here.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have said, "I will no longer reply in this thread".
If one person could not stand by his promise, why should we still need to listen to his other words?

You trusted tekz999, is your own business, the seller do not trust tekz999 regarding too many complaints from other member to tekz999, it is his rights.
How long will this argument end? You hope this argument never end?

What you should do at least, is to stand by your own promise, and leave here.

You realize several pages were added from my first reply lastnight, I am not continuing it alone, try reading. As for me not keeping a promise, I never made a promise, better yet I changed my mind when I saw what stupidity was posted by you, Just like you think the seller should get to change his mind I get to change mine too ! See a nice slippery slope we can all use now, " I changed my mind " . Quite frankly I am now putting you on ignore so I will not be able to see your stupid arguements any further. Have fun trading on DNF .

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was always led to believe that if you post "Sold" the buyer is obligated to pay for it and the seller is obliged to sell it to you, rather than picking and choosing who he wants to sell to.

DNF has its share of deadbeat buyers and fraudsters, and sellers naturally need to protect themselves, You guys can do this by simply adding Terms & Conditions into your sales threads, Such as "Payment must be received within 24hours" or "Payment must submitted to Escrow.com with 48hrs", Forget using the itrader rating as a means of determining who to sell to, anyone can make small purchases on this Forum to bump up their rating. With the dollar figures involved here, I'm very surprised at the high number of sellers that fail to add T&C into their threads, :confused:

You can add a condition such as; "I reserve the right to refuse sales to non paying members". releasing yourself from any liability of selling to someone that already failed to pay you on a previous transaction. And as for selling to somebody that you don't like, well Business is Business and animosity needs to put on the back burner when conducting such business. I purchased a domain from a person I had an issue with and it ended up being a very smooth transaction, which in turn repaired some of the damage I previously had with him.

If you add T&C into your sales threads, this stuff wont come back and bite you in the ass!

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was always led to believe that if you post "Sold" the buyer is obligated to pay for it and the seller is obliged to sell it to you, rather than picking and choosing who he wants to sell to.

Agreed. Regardless of how things are elsewhere, this is DNF. Its ALWAYS been an unspoken term for as long as I have been a member here.

I'm not sure that there are any written rules regarding posting SOLD, which makes this tough and is why there are so many arguments. This issue may never be resolved or brought to justice... but what we can do is avoid any misunderstandings of DNF rules or terms from now on.

A SET list of rules or quidelines need to be in place and we need a better discipline structure. Im not saying that everything needs to be picked at. With so many people its impossible to be flawless. But those who choose not to follow set DNF rules or even simple business edicate need to be made an example of.

These are petty issues on a larger scale, but it shows a flawed system. and if not fixed now, will only lead to bigger problems down the road.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Looks like an issue of a Chinese mainlander (seller) not trusting a Hong Kong resident (buyer).

Pass me the ginseng-flavored popcorn please.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we are drifting away. Tekz was right to worry about the discrepancy between seller residence and paypal address. This is normal due diligence, and I suppose he has had no valid explanations so far. I would be careful before sending money as long as the ownership issue is not 100% clear to me.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. Seller posts name.
2. Buyer posts sold.
3. Buyer gets name.

It's pretty simple and that's the way its always been here. Surely this moderator for the forum should know the business protocols of this and of the other domain forums by now. But, every once in a while we all get screwed on some sale or another by some seller making up rules as they go along. My last was the digitalvideos.com sale, and that seller is still here selling despite my complaints, so maybe its all in who you know or are friends with. Tekz should get these domains. He claimed them first.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tekz was right to worry about the discrepancy between seller residence and paypal address. This is normal due diligence, and I suppose he has had no valid explanations so far. I would be careful before sending money as long as the ownership issue is not 100% clear to me.

So, then what happens if the "buyer" does not pay after posting sold? (in a thread where immediate payment was required) The domains sit in limbo for days when there are other buyers willing to make payment per the terms in the sale? If Johnn sent the payment and got screwed and did'nt get the domains then tekz would be happy and posting "I knew it, glad I did'nt send him any money, etc" But since it went GOOD and the deal was legit it is easy to try to play victim here. Sometimes if you don't take the risk you don't get the reward..They are both very good guys and it does suck this ever happened. So please nobody blame or frown upon Johnn for trying to buy the names for a good price when he was advised by birdfly the other buyer did'nt complete the deal (or did'nt want to send payment due to trust issues) See this would be a whole different story if a payment was made...then it would be clear cut. This is a complex & dynamic event :worried:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whether the seller lists their payment information in a thread, the buyer who has posted sold should have enough time to get into contact with the seller regarding the purchase and send funds.

You can not say post sold and immediately send payment without confirmation from the seller you indeed won the name. You will have multiple people sending payment, payments being sent and the seller not responding, or who knows what else.

Clearly this seller should not be dealt with in the future as s/he has shown they can not conduct business in a professional manner.

It is the same as someone running an auction with a BIN of $xx and someone offering a BIN at that price. 15 mins later after everything was confirmed a new buyer sends the seller a PM offering $xxx. The seller should give buyer A ample time to send payment and complete the deal they agreed on. If after ample time is given and payment still has not been received, sell the domains to the new Buyer. Simple as that.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is'nt that what happened?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Forget TRAFFIC dinner,you want to hear some advice Adam, garbage day was yesterday, you didnt take it out when you should have and now the whole house stinks ! .

I just got into this thread and started reading now, can someone summarize what I missed doing yesterday? Also I am constantly amazed that people assume I know what goes on in EVERY thread. You may want to contact me before going off.

No soup for you!

-=DCG=-

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
8. Complete sales!

imo...

we all need to have someway to agree on a method to conduct business here.

the most proven way is "Post Sold to claim"

now some have argued on both sides of the coin and both sides have valid points.

i posted "Sold" for two domains a month or so ago, and the seller was offline for a couple of weeks. when they finally responded, i didn't have the funds.

a. was i still obligated to buy?
b. was he still obligated to sell?

the seller did offer to honor the sale up to an additional period, if i was still interested.

again, imo each deal or circumstance is different

I usually give "24 hrs" for someone to respond, if I or they post "Sold".

If no response after that time, I may send notice..."are you still interested or still selling"

If no reply on that message in "24 hrs" then I move on.

also, imo "tekz" is tenured member and I wouldn't hesitate to do biz with him...when he's not lowballing me :)

but no one can force someone to sell a domain to them, without written contract...and even then it's possible to wiggle out of it.

also I understand hesitation in sending payments, if whois or email/paypal info is suspect.

but also think that communication is the key to any and all successful deals that go on here.

so, perhaps we can all agree to communicate our intentions/provisions or clauses
[ie: I reserve the right to: Verified Paypal only: etc.], more clearly in the future to avoid these situations.

to me it's all about honor and trust.

either you honor the deal and trust that it will be successful
or don't trust the deal and won't honor the sale.

imo....

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just got into this thread and started reading now, can someone summarize what I missed doing yesterday? Also I am constantly amazed that people assume I know what goes on in EVERY thread. You may want to contact me before going off.

-=DCG=-

He means you have to ban everyone he disagrees with or that disagrees with him, and imo he surely likes to make your mind up for you on these issues...it's quite insulting really. Suggesting you are somehow not doing your duty on your own forum based on his beliefs.

I believe you did this forum great service by closing the original thread where this sale took place. Funny how your ability or judgement gets thrown into the mixer here by certain members..

When tekz re-opened a new thread about this issue the can of worms was re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom