Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Escalation to unresolved forum sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two questions and two questions only....

1) Who posted sold first via PM, thread or email, Tekz or Johnn ?

2) If it was Tekz then does this mean Johnn when agreeing to buy them knew this as it was posted in the thread ?

If someone can answer these two things I can make a statement.

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1) Me. In his public sales thread :D
2) Based on the information provided by the seller in public, I feel Johnn is also a victim as he was contacted by the seller while the seller is still having a sale transaction with me.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please no discussion in here. You know what will happen...

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I know you tekz and know you are a stand up member here, good buyer no doubt about it. Trader rating aside because honestly I have 1.5M in sales in the last year and a Trader rating of 14 lol

Now in my opinion when the seller replied with his paypal he clearly agreed to take your offer. Backing out on you was highly unprofessional and uncalled for as he had no good reason too whatsoever ( silly clause or not ).How he came to get an offer from Johnn I do not know and it would be nice to if Johnn cares to tell us it would help in examining intent.

Bottom line he should receive a warning at the least, this type of conduct if allowed is just another break down in keeping order. I wish you all the best Tekz your a good guy. I believe Johnn to be an honorable guy as well and am sure he will do what he feels is the right thing as a leader and respected member. Josh

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At some point we may want to recognize, as a group, that posting "sold" in a thread is not a sufficient enough commitment to consumate a deal. I know that's the way it has been but it has always struck me as strange. If I list my car in the newspaper, I am not committed to the first guy who calls me and says "sold".

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to add...(if the banana permits me) if you don't pay..you don't receive...Don't try to make Johnn look like the bad guy here. Why try to make him a target just because he is a mod? As far as the "right thing" goes..he did the right thing. He paid immediately as the seller requested, Gil unfortunately did not..(and they are both great DNF members imo)

nike rocks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcMzfVVndlE

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The seller needs to have their head checked, when he disputed tekz's trader feedback of 240 as not high enough of a factor and instead decided to give the domains to whoever he had a private communication with. This approach destroys the dynamics of trust and honor that - for the most part - rule the sales made through an online community.

However, there are fluctuations to the methods used and how a seller handles a sale.

Here's another example for y'all to ponder over.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the seller wanted immediate payment and the potential buyer would not do so, he is then entitled to sell it to the next person in line willing to make the payment as agreed...

(the lion has spoketh)

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think if the person posts sold, and follows up during 24 hours to close the transaction
the seller should sell to this person, and can't sell it to nobody else.

I don't understand why Johnn, continued to discuss the purchase of domain name if he saw that it was posted as sold.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And I quote........

3 x LLL.net Fire Sale! only $2200, including yiw,net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YIW.net enom
ZYN.net enom
QXI.net godaddy

selling them as a package. Only $2200!!
Only instant paypal payment accepted.

Need a fast cash to build another project.

Reserve the rights to sell them to a high reputation Dnf member.

Gil was hesitant and suspect of the seller, the deal, and the domains as he stated in the other thread...he did not send the payment..Johnn did. Does it get any clearer than this?

ps - use the feedback system, thats what it's there for..

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No focus, it is not clear.

Domain name was claimed. The buyer has the right to check who is the rightful owner of the domain name. Johnn, wnet behind his back to buy it. I am just surprised you guys
taking sides with the birdfly, you are telling me posting sold in the thread means nothing?
This is like a foundation of the whole selling process here.

In addition to that I can add that he was absolutely right to suspect the guy. I sent a payment to the guy who was selling a domain name here, and after that I discovered that the account was hijacked.

By the way, the seller had to answer the questions about the ownership,
these are all valid questions.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As long as the seller has a disclaimer in his sales thread stating that he reserves the right to refuse a buyer, then that is that IMO

whether or not it was justified is beside the point and another issue altogether

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The buyer has the right to check who is the rightful owner of the domain name. Johnn, went behind his back to buy it.

Ok, 1..this should be done BEFORE posting sold

2..how did you arrive at the conclusion Johnn "went behind his back" this is a pretty bold claim...maybe Johnn did not see the post or claimed them via PM, etc...you sure are assuming alot here considering Gil himself admitted he did not send payment as requested...Birdfly needed the cash fast dude, (hence the low price) what is to not understand?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's so big deal ? Is like 1000th time same "problem". There is always more domains to buy than money. So just go for the next deal, you can not buy it all can you...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless they are typos with ovt w/ext on snapnames...in that case you do get them all, lol

birdfly

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
first of all, some members think that the seller must sell the domains to who post sold fist at any case.
But do you find my declaration already in my sale thread?
Please also recognize the rights of seller, do not just nail your eyes on the rights of the buyer who post sold.

----------------------------------

Hi guys,
first thanks for your interest.

I want to tell you that Do not only look at iTrader score,
but try to use your eyes, your hands and your hearts to find the truth.

What does "a high reputation Dnf member"? NOT ONLY iTrader score!!

When I was trying to sell the domains to him, what he did let me feel very strange and doubtful, because I have never met a buyer like him before, so I suspected his reputation.
And I checked all his posts in the forum.

Now let's see what another DNF member have been talking about him.
http://www.dnforum.com/f5/zkk-net-zsm-net-3-letter-net-sale-830-each-thread-230836.html

The following is how jandy519 saying about him in that thread:

"suddenly"??
please check the first pm....I have said all the note...and I also give the days you need...
at first...you post SOLD on 5/17...and I sent you all the note..also ask how much time you need....
you reply me on 5/20...ask to allow 7 days....
finally our discussis : 5/25/2007 for all $1xxx for two domains....
on 5/25/2007...you gave me a pm to tell me a "good news"??
say you have a $xxx?(half of the $1xxx) to one domain first...
and can give me others price to another domain next week......
is it that we discuss??

I think I have gave you a cheap price.....
I also tell you that I need some cash to buy something...so sell them cheap..
so...don't go too far....別得了便宜還賣乖...佪也不是什麼善男信女...大家心裡有數...

(To jandy519, I am sorry I have to quote your words.)

After read that thread carefully, I believe that a member of high reputation could never do like that. Really astonished!
I could not do a huge risk to deal with him.

Anyway, I do not want to show the past sale he made.
But you guys and him let me have to show the details more clearly.

----------------
I nearly forgot one more thing here.
I contacted Johnn and Johnn never contacted me.
Johnn don't even know there was a thread at the time I first sent him the PM.
Also, Johnn did state clearly that he will not buy unless I am done with Tekz999.
So there is no any problem with Johnn in the deal.

I have declared clearly in the thread that "Reserve the rights to sell them to a high reputation Dnf member."
Do you guys still think I need to continue selling the domains to Tekz999 after I found he is not with high reputation in my opinion?
Just because he post "Sold"??
Where is my rights which have declared clearly??
I do not have the rights to secure my sale??
Or you guys would think I should ask every member here to ensure that if he is really with high reputation before I cancel the deal with him??
Regardless of the complaint he involve with in that thread??

please do not again and again try to avoid my declaration in the thread.
"Reserve the rights to sell them to a high reputation Dnf member"
Since I have found that you are a very doubtful buyer, especially in sending payment and not a DNF member with a high reputation,
I have the rights to cancel the deal.

I have already talked about why tekz999 are not a DNF member with a high reputation In my opinion.
And I have already PM tekz999 about why I need him to send the payment to another member.
so do not close your eyes, just speaking again and again that "I am failed to promptly reply to your question".

I have been contacting Johnn before tekz999 posted "Sold".
But when I found that tekz999 posted "Sold",
I told Johnn that, "Since Tekz999 have posted SOLD, I will need to contact him now and could not talk about the deal with you(Johnn)."
And then I PM with tekz999, talking about how to proceed the deal.
But I found that tekz999 are a very doubtful buyer, especially in sending payment and not a DNF member with a high reputation.
So I told tekz999 clearly that I could not sell the domains to him.

Again, please look at the terms in my thread,
"Reserve the rights to sell them to a high reputation Dnf member"
Since I have found that tekz999 are a very doubtful buyer, especially in sending payment and not a DNF member with a high reputation,
I have the rights to cancel the deal.

After I have PMed you the payment details, you PM again, and I PM you again, there is several PMs, during the period, I found that you are a very doubtful buyer, especially in sending payment and not a DNF member with a high reputation.
So I should make a quick decision to cancel the deal with you for safety consideration.

I am NOT a new domainer here, I think i am already a professional domainer here, and have a good reputation.

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Focus, every buyer can ask questions before, during, and after the sale. When the domain contacts are in China, and the seller is requesting to send paypal payment to a Netherlands email address, your alarm clock ticks up, and you ask questions. Simple.

I have not once said I will not pay. I just had to verify. I honestly don't think anyone will give someone the payment details BEFORE you claim the domain. I had stood up and claimed them in public.

Do we just go ask the seller "Hey, what is your paypal email?" in private before posting sold? NO! I strongly believe any buyer will ask the same questions and verify the legitimacy in a situation like this.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think its right to spell out the terms 4 posts later, If there were stipulations who he would sell to and not sell to, or any other conditions, they should of been disclosed in the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom