Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Esoftwiz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
Here's info you will love duke!

He is a registrar with directi and uses directi's interface, contact directi and complain about him. They know him well and Directi has great service. If you need it escalated within directi, i can do that.

-=DCG=-

Hi Adam - thanks for that offer - much appreciated (sorry I missed your post above from Monday - just saw it today). I recognized the interface from other reseller sites I have been on but I couldn't remember which company it was. Looks like the complaint to ICANN did the trick though (that has never failed to work for me, even with the most recalcitrant registrars - so thank you ICANN for again acting on complaints brought to your attention). eSoftwiz never answered my inquiries but when I logged in to my account there today they had removed the unauthorized locks I had complained about. I immediately put in a transfer order with Enom so I should be out of there shortly. I have a few more of these off-the-wall registrars to escape from (from purchases at Pool last year). Most of them are going smoothly.

Domain Summit 2024

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, this just got better. Since my domain expires today and Enom wont make it in time, I went to renew. When I went on the site to renew it and I saw the PayPal option for $20, I thought it would be simple. Wrong! Esoftwiz.com has PayPal framed inside their site somehow and there is not even a lock at the bottom of the browser showing it as a secure transaction.

I probably made the huge mistake of trying to log-in to paypal through it but paypal is the only way ESoftWiz uses to renew names. Anyway, I clicked the Pay button and it gives me an error about not being logged in.

Can this person be sued if my PayPal account gets comprised over this some how? I checked the real PayPal and the transaction never occured. Why on earth would they frame PayPal in the first place? Its the first time I have run into a site that does that. NameCheap and RegisterFly sure dont frame it. Now I dont even know how I will renew my domain name either.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainOgre said:
Well, this just got better. Since my domain expires today and Enom wont make it in time, I went to renew. When I went on the site to renew it and I saw the PayPal option for $20, I thought it would be simple. Wrong! Esoftwiz.com has PayPal framed inside their site somehow and there is not even a lock at the bottom of the browser showing it as a secure transaction.

I probably made the huge mistake of trying to log-in to paypal through it but paypal is the only way ESoftWiz uses to renew names. Anyway, I clicked the Pay button and it gives me an error about not being logged in.

Can this person be sued if my PayPal account gets comprised over this some how? I checked the real PayPal and the transaction never occured. Why on earth would they frame PayPal in the first place? Its the first time I have run into a site that does that. NameCheap and RegisterFly sure dont frame it. Now I dont even know how I will renew my domain name either.

Really sorry to hear that. Never heard of anything like it and since the site owner and tech support (probably one and the same) won't respond to customer inquiries it looks like it could be a tough one to sort out. As Adam suggested, you might file a complaint with Directi, and I would definitely file a complaint with ICANN as I did. I believe Directi is a SnapNames exclusive partner and thus has a 35-day grace period before the domain is made available to others. Hopefully that will give you time to get results before the domain is lost.

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You may have got the ball rolling with this guy, Duke :). Esoftwiz responded this morning about this paypal mess. I took care of the renewal through PayPal.com, rather than going through their site again.

Now my renewing the domain shouldn't hurt the pending Enom transfer correct? Enom said the transfer will complete on March 28th. I believe you used to could transfer a domain right after renewing, but I have not done it in over a year probably. I just want the name out of there, so I dont have to deal with this again next year.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainOgre said:
You may have got the ball rolling with this guy, Duke :). Esoftwiz responded this morning about this paypal mess. I took care of the renewal through PayPal.com, rather than going through their site again.

Now my renewing the domain shouldn't hurt the pending Enom transfer correct? Enom said the transfer will complete on March 28th. I believe you used to could transfer a domain right after renewing, but I have not done it in over a year probably. I just want the name out of there, so I dont have to deal with this again next year.

I wouldn't expect to have any problem moving it out right after renewing. GoDaddy has that offbeat rule about resetting the 60-day clock whenever any minor change is made to the WhoIs record, but they are an exception to the rule. I got my first two from esoftwiz safely moved to my Enom account (the ones that Enom originally could not retrieve UWhoIs for), now I am waiting on the other two that esoftwiz finally unlocked after my ICANN complaint. I expect those to come in without incident now.

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update:

Just got the below message by email. I have the PayPal receipt and emails to prove payment, so this is just getting ridiculous. I guess my email earlier today about this had no effect. Wow, I have never had this much trouble with one registrar. Hopefully, this is just a one day thing and esoftwiz responds to my last email.

Your domain xxxxxxx.com has expired on Mar 24, 2005. This domain will be DELETED from your account on May 3, 2005. Once this domain name has been deleted from your account, you will NOT be able to renew/redeem your domain name.

Follow the instructions in this mail to Renew it right away in order to prevent the deletion.

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks like he just responds to emails in order to get paid. I sent him an email with the PayPal receipt and two others without a single response. I hope this doesnt jeopardize the Enom transfer on the 28th, but I am afraid it will.

If this keeps up, it will go beyond a sloppy interface and a bad whois system into downright theft. I have yet to do a PayPal chargeback, but this joker may force me to. How do I complain to ICANN about this? Just go to their website or what?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainOgre said:
It looks like he just responds to emails in order to get paid. I sent him an email with the PayPal receipt and two others without a single response. I hope this doesnt jeopardize the Enom transfer on the 28th, but I am afraid it will.

If this keeps up, it will go beyond a sloppy interface and a bad whois system into downright theft. I have yet to do a PayPal chargeback, but this joker may force me to. How do I complain to ICANN about this? Just go to their website or what?

You can file a complaint online with InterNic here: http://reports.internic.net/cgi/registrars/problem-report.cgi

Also, send a copy of the complaint in an email to [email protected].

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Duke.

I will give him a few more days then I will have to do that and a chargeback for the $20.

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still no email response, but the site is still up and the domain is now showing 2006 in the whois. That said, I guess its their way of renewing it lol. Hopefully, I wont have to deal with them again since I use Pool rarely these days.

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well the transfer went through, but the expiration date is only showing 2006. Thus, either it was not renewed at Esoftwiz (I got another expiration email just last night) or I didnt get the extra year with the Enom transfer.

Is it possible to transfer a name that's already expired? I didn't think it was.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainOgre said:
Well the transfer went through, but the expiration date is only showing 2006. Thus, either it was not renewed at Esoftwiz (I got another expiration email just last night) or I didnt get the extra year with the Enom transfer.

Is it possible to transfer a name that's already expired? I didn't think it was.

Good question. I didn't think you could do that either. Unlike eSoftwiz, Enom support will usually answer quickly, so I would ask them. Never had them not add a year on a transfer in, so I suspect the problem is on the eSoftwiz side. Sounds like they may owe you a refund for your PayPal payment.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainOgre said:

This has been explained by theparrot in this post, maybe you can contact Esoftwiz...

theparrot said:
FYI, http://manage.directi.com/kb/servlet/KBServlet/faq227.html

Seems it should be ok, as long as it has not actually expired.

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainOgre said:

sure can, if the registrar allows it to go through. they don't have to though.

as for the exp. date, that is to be expected, reread my previous post about this again.

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help :).

Well, it just looks like I lost the year because contacting Esoftwiz.com again is not really an option since they reply only when they want money. The domain must have been renewed despite the repeated expiration notices, because I doubt they would just let it be transferred when they could have kept it.

Oh well, I guess that was just the price of getting it out of Esoftwiz.com

chloe3

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to change my DNS settings (bought new hosting) and cannot get a hold of these people either, what has worked for the rest of you? Im paying two hosts right now because these people dont return emails / phone calls?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom