Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

.eu Is It Going To Be Another Flop Or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are planning to release .EU in the beginning of next year. It seems like this extension has got quite a lot of attention in Europe already. They are trying to decide who will be in charge for releasing the new extension as well as the criteria for being able to register it. I know it does not hold much value for people outside the European Union. But for those residing or doing business in those countries, could it be of some value or importance for them in the future?

Thanks!

I can't see it being used as a primary address by many businesses, we've already got .com and .info for international and country codes for domestic.

In the uk at least, I don't think it would get too great a reception - national pride being what it is and the resitence to further european centered erosion of our identity.

I suspect .eu will do fine. There is plenty of room out in the real world for more TLDs.

-t

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Premium names will do well.

We are getting a few queries a day now asking us if we are going to be offering .ue domains.

For some reason, we seem to be attracting a high number of European customers, so I guess this is not too surprising.

I think this TLD may be a surprise hit when it finally come online.

-t

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom