Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

.eu pre-registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
first of all I am from Europe...
I tried to order some .eu domains through Godaddy but i heard that i have to pay the fee now and get refund later if i dont get the name.
I also read that this is not the case with Pool.com
all preregistration there are free of cost and we pay later after we get the names.
Is this true?
has anyone of you ordered .eu names throught pool.com?
and what i dont understand is
suppose guy 1 applies for "abcd.eu" from godaddy on 7th of Dec, and the Guy 2, applies for the same name "abcd.eu" using Pool.com on 9th of Dec.
Whose chance would be higher for getting the name and why? Dont all the registrars send the name after the land rush period begins or they have already started sending pre-apps?
any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
they will start, when landrush begins, now TM's only

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i prereg at godaddy, cos if somebody else had prereged same name before, it shows up as "not available", but at eurodns they all available

and i think godad is bigger then eurodns

Fredo

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no no they don't all show up as available on eurodns, you can order certain domains if you have trademark rights and can apply for the sunrises. Godaddy is bigger than eurodns but i am not sure they will have more chance to get the domains for you at the landrush. We will see.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea it starts on 7th of April.
well i also have pre registered some through godaddy.
do u guys know any site where they do not charge the pre registration fees?
i know of Pool.com but then they will have auction and the names will be taken by some big players around.
cheers
simon

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is likely to be a bigger debacle than the .info pre regs - you only have to check the whois at eurid.eu to see all the scammers at work with their false tm applications most of which will get rubber stamped by Price Waterhouse the "overseers". :rolleyes:

I had pre regged 216 thru various registrars having scanned the tm regs , most of which are blatently false I anticipate getting around 7-10
:mad:

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wot, I think PWC will have a lot of fun checking all those Trademarks´s. I tried to investigate at the TM Registries. Most of the Trademarks are crap.

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fredo said:
Might be good news for us for the landrush then! More available names for the landrush...

there will be f*** all left. The trademarks are indeed crap, unfortunately however most of them are legally valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom