Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.EU Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmdpmd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have agreed to buy a .eU domain from someone. Can anyone recommend a registrar I can transfer the domain to. The ones I use normally don't seem to be accepting transfers.

Or maybe I am misunderstanding the process - do I have to "pull" the domain from the new registrar, or can it be "push"ed by the seller?

Thanks,
Paul.

KMEDIA

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know Godaddy can.

binaryman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could also just open a free account with the registrar where the name is now. Then the name can be pushed internally from the sellers account to the buyers. IMO that is the simplest way.

pmdpmd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I try to request to transfer the name to GoDaddy, the .eu extension is not in the drop down list of available extensions - Can you point me at where I can do this?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there was thread going a couple days ago here on the forum about how the central .eu registrar has not set up a .eu transfer system yet for the extension, but supposedly coming soon, don't know about pushes within the same registrar though., you might have to take a push.

The Engineer

Not long now
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your best bet for now, is to open an account (usually free) at the site where the seller has the domain. Then the seller can push the domain to your account.
However, as stated elsewhere, at present you cannot change the whois info on an eu domain. So the domain will end up in your control but with the original owners name on the whois.
You will be able to change the whois info (for a fee) only when EURid get their system of "Trades" running.

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JLPinternet said:
Your best bet for now, is to open an account (usually free) at the site where the seller has the domain. Then the seller can push the domain to your account.
However, as stated elsewhere, at present you cannot change the whois info on an eu domain. So the domain will end up in your control but with the original owners name on the whois.
You will be able to change the whois info (for a fee) only when EURid get their system of "Trades" running.

I was able to change my whois info on the one I bought. I just couldn't change the billing address. ;)

//everydayprofit

The Engineer

Not long now
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats interesting, because I have pushed two from godaddy, and I could change the address to the recipient, but not the name. In fact I am still waiting for payment for one from sedo for this reason. When you check whois it shows my name and organisation as the registrant, the buyers name and address as the contact, but I no longer have the domain in my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom