• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed 'Evaluate My First 6 Purchases Please!! WUIU.com/OnlineFreerolls.com+more

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 111831
  • Start date Start date
This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 111831

Guest
I've been studying for over a year. I've finally all but given up hand reg'ing, wasted thousands on it when I started out. Recently I've finally started to buy domains from others, let me know what you think of my first purchases and if I'm on the right track!!


DETY.net (means children in Russian)
WUIU.com
GVMW.com
VKAW.com
ONLINEFREEROLLS.com
SAVVYPOKER.com

Please let me know what you think any or all of these are worth, and then I will post what I paid for them and we can see how I did :yes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The first 4 in my opinion... are worth low $xx each.

The last 2 probably have the best potential. Especially OnlineFreeRolls...although the better term would be PokerFreeRolls...but anyway...

Low $xxx reseller. More if developed.

Good luck!
 
Hmmm... doing better than most newbies, but I completely agree with the previous $xx appraisal.

LLLL are on high demand lately, but most buyers are focused on dotcom, pronounceable or, whenever possible, dict words.
 
OnlineFreerolls.com isn't too bad. I could see this going for a fair bit especially if you developed it.
 
Thanks for the feedback!

I like OnlineFreerolls a lot too. I paid $100 for that one and it looks like I was right in my guess that it is probably worth more. Think I will develop it myself though, rather than trying to flip it.
 
OnlineFreerolls.com ain't too bad. The real question is, will this traffic convert!? Most freerollers will not make a deposit. But for sure has development potential. Good luck!
 
Unfortunately what we don't know is what you where wasting thousands on when you started out. Care to share?

It looks like your studying has paid off.

-Zh
 
Unfortunately what we don't know is what you where wasting thousands on when you started out. Care to share?

It looks like your studying has paid off.

-Zh


I just went looking through my garbage. Man I was horrible:

pudong-casino.com (pudong is part of shanghai china...i still have pudongpoker.com and casinopudong.com and think they are ok)
adsensedomainparking.com
chocolatechipmedia.com
partypokerasia.net
asmallpie.com
abigpie.com
nebulousholdings.com
forumjobs.info

etc. lots and lots of trash.


And I spent probably $1,000 registering <business name>media or <businessname>holdings etc .com's and untaken extensions of existing businesses, which is a clear trademark violation.
 
And I spent probably $1,000 registering <business name>media or <businessname>holdings etc .com's and untaken extensions of existing businesses, which is a clear trademark violation.

Were you thinking these would get type-in traffic?
 
I was thinking I could develop them myself and rank in Google when somebody put the name of the business into Google. Or the owner or somebody else would want to buy the domains from me at some point. For instance I have PayPal.bz. I just figured that was worth a lot of money.
 
I think we all can relate to registering "crap" when we got into this domaining. In fact some of us still do register "crap". :yes:

This business is very trial and error with a little bit of luck. Finding endusers, developing or just lucking up with natural type-in traffic is key.


just my two cents.
Good Luck! :ok:
 
In fact some of us still do register "crap".

Hence the 50,000+ dropping domains every day.

I stayed away from trademark domains when I started. It's a free reg for the TM holder, a smudge on your potential career, and a hassle if your wanting to concentrate on other things.

Seeing what you reg'd, your definitely going a better direction now. The names suggest (i'm assuming) that your not going to be developing?

Or the owner or somebody else would want to buy the domains from me at some point.

They'd gladly send you a C&D instead.

-Zh
 
Yes, these domain are much better than before. I really like OnlineFreerolls.com - develop it into a site where it lists all the freerolls poker sites are having and at what time. That could be very useful. Good luck with your names!
 
Thank you

I actually just emailed a developer about it a few minutes ago :)
 
To be honest, I don't think any of them have much value. Maybe DETY.net if it does mean children but I don't see anything that couldn't be replaced for $20.
 
To be honest, I don't think any of them have much value. Maybe DETY.net if it does mean children but I don't see anything that couldn't be replaced for $20.

:eek::upset::uhoh::?::rolleyes::veryangry::sigh2:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:
 
Seriously, you need to take a hard look at your why your keeping these domains and re-evaluate your business strategy, if you have one.

Do you have any plan to make money from these domains?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom