• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Exact droptime of .com .net .biz and .org?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregoire

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2005
Messages
346
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I'm trying to hand reg some "not so good" names when they drop but I don't know the exact drop time for the different gTLDS (.com .net .biz and .org).

Does anyone know if they drop at the same time?

Or could someone give me the different drop times?

Thanks, Grégoire.
 
Gregoire said:
Hi,

I'm trying to hand reg some "not so good" names when they drop but I don't know the exact drop time for the different gTLDS (.com .net .biz and .org).

Does anyone know if they drop at the same time?

Or could someone give me the different drop times?

Thanks, Grégoire.


all .com-s and .net -s are registered right when they drop. So no need to know the drop time. because manually You have no change.
 
From Tucows:

In general the Registry will drop the domain between day 70 to 75 after the expiration date. However, THERE IS NO METHOD TO DETERMINE EXACTLY WHICH DAY THE DOMAIN WILL DROP. The Registry randomizes the drop process over a 5 day period in order to provide equal opportunity for the general public to re-register the domain.

The big drop catching companies like Pool and SnapNames have sophisticated technology to try and get the domain name at the instant it has been dropped.
 
I have caught many names manually. I usually start at 1:00PM EST for .biz and 2:00PM for .coms, etc.

Mike :)
 
I asked the same questions many times with no answer :( but I found it here!

I was going after a LLL.net that I wanted but it was cought snapnames :( and sold at auction.
 
If you want a much better chance you can use cheap backorders. For $30/mo you can backorder at rates almost equal to normal reg. rates.
 
Thanks alot DOT! I'll keep that in mind!
 
search on dnf and there is a thread VERY educating on this subject

don't remember which thread but remember that some drop catcher leaders gave many interesting details e.g. that names are dropping alphabetically at a speed per second and basically having the drop list you can predict the exact second a name will drop (at least smt like this I remember) PLUS lots --lots of tips that you wouldn't get anywhere else ...
 
ThisDot said:
If you want a much better chance you can use cheap backorders. For $30/mo you can backorder at rates almost equal to normal reg. rates.

I have better luck catching them manually then backordering. Especially at Godaddy.

Mike :)
 
thats cheap! Those companies shouldnt be allowed to do so!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom