• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Excel Help for domain list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameAlot.com

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone, I need some help with excel. I have a list of names that have dropped today and I pasted them in excel. Now I want to get Excel to filter them by length and post them in a new column. How would I do that? For instance, I want to have name <=5 in one column not counting the .com extension I guess if we were counting all characters it would be <=9 but anyways if anyone can help I would appreciate it.
 
mywire.com said:
Hi everyone, I need some help with excel. I have a list of names that have dropped today and I pasted them in excel. Now I want to get Excel to filter them by length and post them in a new column. How would I do that? For instance, I want to have name <=5 in one column not counting the .com extension I guess if we were counting all characters it would be <=9 but anyways if anyone can help I would appreciate it.
I am sure there is an easier way to do this, however this is how I would do it:

Assuming the names are in column A, find the number of characters in each name by inserting the function =LEN(A1) in column B and drag down (or ctrl shift end, edit fill down)
Then insert the function =IF(B1<10,A1) in column C
and drag down (or ctrl shift end, edit fill down)
This will list in column C all the names that are 9 characters or less including the .com extension
 
Thank you, I will give it a go right now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom