Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed ExpiredDomainNames.com - Appraisals Wanted

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ExpiredDomainNames.com - Appraisals Wanted

Feel free to appraise this one as I will be selling it shortly.

Adam

Ben42

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think resellers and end users are actually one in the same for a domain like this.

On the low end I'd put it at $700, high end $3500.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd say imho that high xxx is about it.

Honestly, the name is pretty long, and it's already a saturated market imo.

And the target market,.... is domainers. A small crowd at best.

Just my 2 "limited-experience" cents.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think resellers and end users are actually one in the same for a domain like this.
I agree with this assessment.

However, the market for this is small compared to other markets.

The upside to this is in terms of that small market of actual end users, this is essentially a category killer.

Markets do not need to be massive or huge to have broad mass appeal. This name would appeal to the entire market of domainers, domain name resellers, and domain investors. When you think about and look at all the drop catchers on the market, all of them deal with expired domain names but NONE are called expired domain names.

Undoubtedly this name would catapult to the top of the searches for sites because it is an exact keyword for the product/service.

Normally I could care little about a domain with the word domain in them because they are not that great, they do not define that market or a segment in the market, and the demand by domainers for a domainer name is small.

This name ticks all the boxes when on evaluates a name, the market it represents, and the appeal to the market sector it represents.

This would be hard to define as a domain name (I'll go out on a limb and say mid to high xx,xxx). As it site, it is priceless. Perhaps a subscription service. But, there are already too many of them. A totally free service would pound the viewership and subscription services into the dust. Not only would you rank number one in all the search engines, any product or service involved in domains (registrars, hosts, etc) would pay you to advertise on your site.

So, for the market it represents and the appeal within that market, it is a gem.

Congrats.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Screaming cash cow.
Love this! :pound: Definitely worth framing.

Have you ever heard a cow scream? It ain't pretty.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see any value in this domain name, reg fee undeveloped. To long to begin with and would only be usable for a blog where you can publish expired domain names, otherwise auction houses like tdnam sell expired domains! and I would never use the domain/blog to look up expired domains. Their are already auction houses delivering the service for expired domains and your domain would only benefit a domainer who wants to blog about expired domain names.

Reseller value is based on what the buyer wants to pay you.

Last edited:

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$5,100 Good long tail name.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$5,100 Good long tail name.

I'm just curious on how you determined this name has a value of $5,100. Not trying to be negative, Domaining is a daily trial and error experience. I always respect and like to learn from others in the business on how they value a domain name.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Generic Term/Industry Standard term, High Competition, $3-6 CPC value, 1,600 exact searches, Built in business opportunity to do multiple things. 1) Expired Domain Name site 2) Directory/Review site with affiliate $ 3) Auction Review/promotion site & Affiliate $, Redirect to an existing site. Also, "Domain" domains index higher due to the fact that the term/domain is withing the domaining niche--got to pay a premium for good "Domain Names"

Also factor in the likeability of the terms, the amount of companies that constantly enter this niche increasing the need stand out in search and SEO. Finally, it is only valued at around 2-3 fair laptops...small price to pay to build a business ...AND A DREAM! Cheers.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would agree with Mark Talbot. It's a long-tail domain. I also think the market is saturated.

Note that the major players are branded:
Godaddy, Pool (a premium generic domain), Snapnames (a brandable), Namejet (a brandable), Domain Nabber etc.
Now where is the end user for that domain ? IMO it would more likely be a domainer.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've often said... sometimes it's not the domain that's being sold, but "who" is doing the selling.

if this domain was on namejet, pool, snap,sedo, gd, etc, i could see bids hitting $7k or more.

the terms are ripe for type-in traffic and any entity that already deals in this space, could benefit on the leads.

knowing the owner, i think he won't part with it for less than 5 figures

imo...

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Generic Term/Industry Standard term, High Competition, $3-6 CPC value, 1,600 exact searches, Built in business opportunity to do multiple things. 1) Expired Domain Name site 2) Directory/Review site with affiliate $ 3) Auction Review/promotion site & Affiliate $, Redirect to an existing site. Also, "Domain" domains index higher due to the fact that the term/domain is withing the domaining niche--got to pay a premium for good "Domain Names"

Also factor in the likeability of the terms, the amount of companies that constantly enter this niche increasing the need stand out in search and SEO. Finally, it is only valued at around 2-3 fair laptops...small price to pay to build a business ...AND A DREAM! Cheers.

I agree somewhat with you, but if you look at the amount of start-up companies targeting our industry in all sectors (ppc, seo, auction, etc) it all ends in bankruptcy protection! In other words, majority of these sites are not making any money and not to mention the high investment it takes to kick start a startup site for Domaining. For example, a Banner placement on DnForum.com will cost you $1500 to $7000 per month. Domains focused on Domaining are not worth much money undeveloped. Unless you own generic .com's like Domaining.com - your point does raise the potential benefits of owning a domain like this. From a development perspective, I've tested several project in the past targeting Domainers, and the cost of marketing crashed my vision.

Reseller valuation for a domain like this is based on really how much the other reseller wants to offer.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would agree with Mark Talbot. It's a long-tail domain. I also think the market is saturated.

Note that the major players are branded:
Godaddy, Pool (a premium generic domain), Snapnames (a brandable), Namejet (a brandable), Domain Nabber etc.
Now where is the end user for that domain ? IMO it would more likely be a domainer.
Naturally, the end user would be a domainer.

But nowhere in words/url's of TDNAM.com, Pool.com, SnapNames.com, Namejet.com or DomainNabber.com do I see these words in the name...ExpiredDomainNames.com.

You mention branded...well, how much money did it take each one of them to brand themselves as an Expired Domain Name service? You have to (first) brand the name you are using. Then (secondly) brand yourself for the services you are providing.

This name is the easiest and most suitable for a new startup because the name says precisely what it is about...Expired Domain Names. Therefore, it is already branded. Anyone who wanted to start up an Expired Domain Name service would spend a fraction of the cost in branding as the others because the name/site is already branded. Anyone who thinks there is no room in this market for another player in the market is fooling themselves. A new business model and trusted service is badly needed. All those names mentioned...there are countless threads on this very forum trashing their service and practices.

In the world of drop catchers and expired domain names, this name is so precise and so spot on that it would rapidly shoot above all the others in terms of ranking and searches for expired domain names. The other drop catchers would have to pay higher fees to outpace this name for those search terms that are inherent (branded) already in the name.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the terms are ripe for type-in traffic and any entity that already deals in this space, could benefit on the leads.
bingo!

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

I agree somewhat with you, but if you look at the amount of start-up companies targeting our industry in all sectors (ppc, seo, auction, etc) it all ends in bankruptcy protection!
Would you mind posting a list of these?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reseller valuation for a domain like this is based on really how much the other reseller wants to offer.

that is a fallacy, illogical and not true :)

why?

because what it translates to is..."what the other reseller wants to offer, is basically what the domain is worth"

and i know you aren't just going to sell your domains for whatever another domainer offers for them.

true "market value", is selling price... without duress.

which means the seller is under no pressure to make a deal.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bingo!

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Would you mind posting a list of these?

Maybe bankruptcy protection is the wrong expression, don't want to confuse anyone - the only successful Domaing sites in the last 5 years to succeed seems to be the Personal Blogs.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

that is a fallacy, illogical and not true :)

why?

because what it translates to is..."what the other reseller wants to offer, is basically what the domain is worth"

and i know you aren't just going to sell your domains for whatever another domainer offers for them.

true "market value", is selling price... without duress.

which means the seller is under no pressure to make a deal.

Not everyone is smart as you ;) I assure you majority of 98.9% of resellers are not like you or others like yourself who have experience. The level of experience on DnForum is much greater then any other site on the world wide web. The best of the best trade on DNF - the rest are just people who jump in to make a quick buck and don't value domains like you.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

The only person that can develop this domain and make it work is Adam himself! The best domain forum in the world is the best place to market. Good Luck buddy.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Domains focused on Domaining are not worth much money undeveloped."

It's like any other end user sale. Those sales usually occur because the buyer plans on developing it with plans of making some money and would be willing to pay for a good, targetted domain.

This one, I thought would get more searches but it's at 1,600 globally, which I like when building super niche type sites. Very easy to rank on page 1 Google, Yahoo/Bing with exact match and with those numbers, but usually the competition is low, which makes it easy. This one is high. But if you put some real work into it, make a quality site, not some MFA (Made For Adsense) site most domainers call development, you could make some nice money.

Somewhere in the mid x,xxx at least.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But forget what the google keyword tool says.

As a consumer of person new to domaining and you want to know where to find expired domain names, look at the returns from the google search:

About 16,400,000 results

This is where the regular person (or even some domainers) are going to start their search. HUGE numbers to dominate the google returns. Forget page one (I like it) but I see this in spot number one.

Look who make up the first page:

networksolutions(.)com/domain-name-registration/pending.jsp

mikeindustries(.)com/blog/.../how-to-snatch-an-expiring-domain

dnforum(.).com/

domainsbot(.)com/

7thspace(.)com/expired_domain_names/

redhotdomainnames(.).com/

luckyregister(.).com/exp_dom_finder/index.php

domainerincome(.).com/expired-domain-names/

forums.digitalpoint(.).com/showthread.php?t=10918

theos(.).in/windows-xp/get-my-domain-expiration-date/

Honestly...I think people are missing the point. If this (expired domain names) is a market you truly want to dominate, there is NO better domain name.

Consumerism. We are consumers. What do you search for and how do you search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom