Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Expirefish vs. SnapNames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

liquidstar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
snap is much better, but they are also quite a bit more expensive. I use snap if it's not already taken then use other grab services if it is. If it's a low level name that I want for personal use I use expirefish. Using them I picked up theowners.com (a site I'm going to use for my fantasy football league) and thestarlings.com (my last name). Had it been owners.com or starling.com you can bet I would've used snap plus others to try and grab.

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I understand SnapNames has a connection with some of the big registrars, Expirefish doesn't?

If this is true, does Expirefish just wait for the name to br dropped than start trying to catch it as fast as it can?

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like both services. Use snapnames for names that are worth more than $100, those that will likely face competition from other dropcatchers. Use expirefish on names that are about to expire, but will not likely face any competition from dropcatchers.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Snapnames is way better. I use to use expirefish but it only registered a couple names that I wanted, but nothing special.. infact, the domains were available for 2 days before ExpireFish even registered them!. Expirefish now has a similar thing as to snapnames where you don't have to be a monthly member, you can pay a one time fee to monitor a domain. I do this as backup if I already have it snapped at snapnames.

RMF

D

DomainNameFactory

I would not touch ANYTHING that was affiliated with Registerfly.com...period.

garet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>I would not touch ANYTHING that was affiliated with Registerfly.com...period.

Yeah, what DNF said!

I avoid Registerfly companies and I don't see much risk of loss in bypassing their Expirefish service. Personally I'd not lose sleep expecting Expirefish to catch anything missed by Snapnames and the other services.

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DNF, then how come you register your domains with enom?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
expirefish just grabbed DigitalDrivers.com for me worth the $10 to me anyways..

DNF why so down on registerfly?I've never had any problems with them...anything specific

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have once beated ExpireFish using their own registrar RegisterFly to hand regged a name!! But ExpireFish did catched some relatively good names for me.

My suggestion: ExpireFish is OK for low profile names, use Snap if you really want it. You get what you paid for :D.

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why is SnapNames so fast? What makes it have prioirty and be the best?

!ben

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
expirefish used to be good - back in the begining ;)

it seems that every name i try to fish 4 now has a snapback on it already - so it's really not worth trying. i've had $40 in my account for nearly 6 months now, and hardly had so much as a bite.

i agree with dnf though - registerfly is a poor registrar (especially compared to enom -i think there's some sort of irony in there).
i wish i could afford to transfer all my domains away from there!

ben

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
!ben, registerfly is not a registrar. It uses the same system as Enom (a ICANN registrar) it is a reseller of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators