Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed FakeBets.net - Unique Web 2.0 Sports-Betting Site (100% Custom after months of dev)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinkarso

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FakeBets.net - Free Fantasy Sports Betting

FakeBets.net has always been a side-dream for me. However, it's just been sitting there for forever collecting dust. As a student with very little free time, I believe it's time to let her go to someone who has the time to make the most out of this goldmine.

# URL: Free Fantasy Betting - Fake money
# Established: Fri Sept 29 2006
# Page Views/Month: 2,189
# Uniques/Month: 385

The Website

FB is an amazing piece of work with months of development put into it. In fact, there are so many features, it'll blow you away. Apart from the obvious front end (Bets, Contests, Lottery, member system, user profiles, credit system, etc), there are also a ton of features on the backend for you to discover (shop module, VERY complete admin panel desktop software, etc) - all of which is custom developed using clean ASP.NET coding.

The site also features a completely customizable template system and original template/logo. It's pretty obvious that when this site was developed, there was no intention of selling, with how much detail was put into the project.

The Idea

FakeBets.net also features a fairly original concept. At first it will become a free sports betting website with credits to award to winners. These credits can later be used by users to purchase tangible or non-tangible items in the shop. Revenue will come purely from the high paying ads this industry brings. Members will be easy to find (already 815 with zero promotion & no launch), and ad revenue will be high - a clear win win :).

As the site grows, entire new markets open up, and so does new (and 'juicier') revenue streams. For example, using the statistic bets by our top users, this info can then be sold as industry advice for others who are looking for an opinion as to which sports team to bet on. Etc.

Revenue Details

Not sure, never created a separate channel for Adsense. Assume minimal.

Potential / Next Steps

According to statistics, 2/3 of adults in American society has placed some kind of bet last year. Over $8 billion is estimated to be spent on gambling on the Internet alone each year - growing at a rate of around double every 3-4 years. (source)

The market is obviously growing immensely year after year. Now is the perfect time to bring FakeBets.net to the mass market.

There is not much to be done. Personally, I would hire a cheap ASP.NET (basically PHP for Windows) programmer, hammer down a few things that you feel could be improved, and start promoting it. Everything is already set up and ready to go, and I don't have to tell you how much potential this website has ;).

My Contact Info

Name: Donny Ouyang
Phone: 604-220-2979 (Canada +1)
Email: heydonny[at]kinkarso[dot]com

*I reserve the right to accept or reject any offer/bid at any time, despite auction status.*

Starting Bid: $500
Buy It Now: $5,000
Auction Ends: 4 Days
Payment Options: PayPal, Western Union, Electronic Transfer, Escrow.com

UPDATE: $500 bid received from Talkfreelance.com.

kinkarso

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update: 24 hours remaining. $600 bid received, $750 bid received from Webmaster-Talk.

BIN lowered to $3000. Bid currently at $750.

Auction extended to May 31st (due to inability to edit *********'s timer system...)

kinkarso

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BIN lowered to $1000 to provoke a quick sale. This is approximately 1/5th of the total development cost.

Current bid at $750.

Thanks,
Donny

kinkarso

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Didn't reach my reserve unfortunately. I've decided to develop this instead :). Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom