Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Farrier Equipment (dot) Com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

CdnBigD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wondering what you think I should be asking for this one? (end user price) Also, to go along with the horse theme.. Farrier Jobs (dot) com

Thanks!

Domain summit 2024

CdnBigD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Johnn,

I wrote to a few people last night and 2 of them wrote back saying they are very interested and want it. They're wanting to know what the price is. I already had a figure in mind of around $2775 and wanted to check with you guys to see what you initially thought.

The last 100 published domain sales which are 2 words and in the horse industry, the average sale price was $5720.

The last published domain sales which are 2 words or less including "Farrier" in them, the average sale price was $3950. (Farrier.com - $7000)

The last 100 published domain sales which are 2 words, ending in "Equipment", the average sale price is $4610.

CdnBigD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can't?

What do you take into account in order to determine your asking price? You mentioned it depends on who the buyer is but quite often you don't know the specifics of the buyer. I did some research though and I found that one of these potential buyers owns 8 different domain names all in the farrier industry. His main site is not the best looking site. He does have quite a large number of products listed on his eCommerce site but no clue what his sales volume would be.

Any ideas on how to better determine who the buyer is?

Thanks Johnn

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Examples:
Same name
Small company = $800
Big Company = $18,000
You need to do some detective work and find out who they are.
Many times they hide their identity under free emails: Gmail, Yahoo, etc... until you agree on the price then they will come out of the closet.

CdnBigD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think he's a small to mid-sized company.

I believe I've already done my detective work (as mentioned in my last post). I already know the guy owns 8 other similar names. I know where he went to school, I know who his connections are, I know where he lives (spooky), I know the names of his horses, I know what he and his family look like, I know what his business email address and phone numbers are (not free web based email accounts), etc.

Not sure what else I should know.. Any ideas? Even knowing all of the above, I still don't know what he would be able to afford and what he would run for the hills if I come at him with.

CdnBigD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL You asked me to do detective work. I just responded saying what detective work I have done and that I still don't know what price would send him running away or what price he could afford.

Granted, I did come on here just asking for people's thoughts on how much they would appraise this domain at and you responded with $xxx. So, thanks for your answer. :)

After I did my research, you mentioned I should do more detective work, so was just curious what you would other information you would be looking for? (other than what I already found)

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just pull a number from your magic hat and send it to him ($2,625) and see what he will say.
I don't think anyone here would know what is the number to recommend to you.

CdnBigD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's about it too.. I feel like I'm pulling a number from my magic hat. haha

Thought this was the Appraisal section of the forum though. So I was just looking for suggestions on the price and appraisals. :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators