Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Fast-Autos.com - $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
edit.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
edit

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

SlashRoot.Com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GT Web
Good question......

the answer is NO....that was written back in February...

I have a new site already up that I am running (www.fantasyautos.com) and I am working on another site as well. I am done with that website if it sells....the files would be deleted...

umm... I see some of the graphics files are already in use at your new site. Are you planning on discontinuing the use of those files by deleting them from your new site?

Otherwise, it would clearly be a conflict of interest with me if I were to buy this site. I would not buy this site from you and then have to compete with your new and improved site featuring more or less the same (or improved) content. For me, doing so would be like buying Windows 3.1 from Microsoft today, only to foolishly try to compete with them while knowing that they are already armed with Windows XP.

If you would like me to sign about that I would be happy to....as I have absolutly no intention of doing that....I dont even like the design much anymore.....

Looks like you have already moved over the files to the new site, touched them up, added FantasyCars logos on them, and even invited over the forum members (I assume the former regulars from the old (fast-autos.com) site. I quickly glanced over the names of some of the registered users at the new site and they look more or less the same from the ones on the old site/forum. Now that gets me real worried. I may have to look a lot deeper in this before I make a bid.

its a good question though, if you buy, we can set up an agreement like that if you wish

Thanks. I think I have taken up a lot of your time, GT Web. I better move on. No hurt feelings. I wish you the very best with your auction.

SlashRoot.Com

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Slash - you dont understand something....these photos are shared by hundreds of car sites aorund the web. There is nothing special about the photo's per say....it is all the stats and info that has been aquired and the HTML thats makes all the pages that is special. FantasyAutos.com is completely different, I am using different HTML for every page.....most of the images are free to be used by anyone. I thought you didnt want me making a copy of my site and re-posting it, which I will not. You still get tons of unique content, a domain with tons of traffic, and a huge opportunity to make ad revenue. Fantasyautos.com and fast-autos.com are completly different sites....I started from scratch on the fantasyautos site, some photos may be the same but that is not intentional. Please reconsider your decision as it is no trouble for me to answer your questions, if you wish to ask me something via PM, feel free!

GT

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and BTW - The forum for the Fantasyautos.com is just redirected to the Fantasycars.com message board, 100% completly unrelated....I am just doing this because I want to promote the fantasycars.com site, that forum has nothing to do with either of my sites

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all of the graphics on fantasyautos.com have been created by me for this project, none have been transfered from the other site....it is not a conflict of interest because these things you have mentioned are all completely different and have no relation to each other....

SlashRoot.Com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Slash - you dont understand something....

<snipped>

You still get tons of unique content, a domain with tons of traffic, and a huge opportunity to make ad revenue.

Excuse me, GT Web!

The problem is not that I don't undertand something. The problem is that I understand this very too clearly!

I was being candid, and was trying to leave this thread quietly, wishing you all the best for your auction.

However, you have left me with no options but to clarify this for you in no uncertain terms.

My only motivation for considering to buy this site was: ESTABLISHED, VERIFIABLE, STEADY, PROVEN ADVERTISING REVENUE. That looks very questionable to me, YMMV.

Why? Read on...
Now I find you are ALREADY competing with this site that you are trying to sell here. I am very troubled to see that you are ready to sign a non-compete agreement, even though you ARE ALREADY doing just that. As the new owner of this site -being a new kid on the block as far as this game is concerned - it would be a foolish fight for me to get into. It ain't gonna happen! Sorry.

Please reconsider your decision as it is no trouble for me to answer your questions, if you wish to ask me something via PM, feel free!

In order for me to even remotely consider forking out well over 2k for this domain/website, at this point, I would require that:

1: You would not compete with me for next one year in any shape or form. Period.

2: There was no one else using confusingly similar content. No exception.

3: You do not bleed away the traffic from this site -at least up to the break-even point. No exception.

4: You guarantee that none of the members/users of the fast-autos.com site will be sneaked away to your new site(s). No room for any negotiation on this one.

Now you and I both know it is already too late for that. Isn' that true?

I think I am only being fair in asking for these kinds of reasonable assurances. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Looking at your new site, it is clearly evident you are already loaded double barrel -you got the content moved over, you got the members moved over, and now have a better and improved design at your website tagretting the same userbase. Had I bought this, I am afraid, I would not had even a remote chance to make this profitable. I see you ready to gun down the new owner from right around the corner, Chief! It ain't gonna be me!

I was trying to leave this thread candidly, but by posting here a statement implying that I do not understand something, you have left me with no options but to state my point of view clearly. I have tried hard to do so without meaning/implying any disrespect to you. I sure hope you realize that there is no other way to make this look any prettier than what it actually is.

Sorry, GT Web. I am NOT interested in getting into something like this. I am just not cut out for complicated stuff like this.

I started out with a genuine interest in your auction but, unfortunately, it turned out that it is not for me. I am sure there might be many folks who would find this to be a great buy.

I wish you good luck with this and all your future auctions.

My apologies if I have caused you any inconveniences.

This will be my last post in this thread.

Sincerely,

SlashRoot

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do you know how many car site likes mine are on the web?

you dont seem to have any clue what you are talking about....I suggest you look at this market a little more closely. Let me explain this to you about the message board. The message board fantasycars.com is completly unrelated, but I am a member there, some of the users joined the fast-autos.com board. On the fantasyautos.com site, I am only linking back to the origional board, I am not trying to weed you out of anything....
I am glad you decided not to buy, although I want this sold, your requests are just plain dumb. You are saying I can't make another car site for a year? Why would I agree to that - you expect me to delete everything I am going because you dont want some competition.....there are at least 50 huge sports car sites already out there. I wonder why I am always the one that gets these strange offers....I thought that a domain getting almost 50,000 hits a month, with a website that probably took well over 100 hours to complete with 100 spaces to place a banner making over 400,000 impressions a month.....and you want me to drop my whole life for you?

I dont know who here would put up with these dumb requests.....but I wont.

Good day,
GT Web

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and I would appreciate if you have any more things to say, please PM me, I dont want my sales thread to turn into a toilet

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
12 hours left...I still hold out hope.....

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
12 hours left...I still hold out hope.....

Easy on the bumps .. you just bumped your thread 2 hours ago, and it has been at the top all night.

Thanks.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry..... :sad:

this post wont count as a bump....it doesnt move the thread anywhere....

I just dont understand why god doesnt want me to sell this name - I am not religious....but someone up there doesnt want me to sell this.....I have buyers running away....other ones telling me I have to stop working on the internet for a year....yikes....

it would be pretty neat if someone like Giant Domais or DCG stepped up to the plate, but I am pretty sure that is wishful thinking

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
Um...you do have buyers ready to buy - that is obvious from the first couple of pages unless they have been scared away now. Anything of value will sell at the right price.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web we have had complaints about this thread.

Also GT Web please do not be rude to other members.

As for the traffic of the domain I will leave that "innocent until proven guilty".

I am therefore going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators