Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Fast-Autos.com - $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, PM me and I will give you the stats link....

Domain summit 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thats kinda rude of me lotsofissues (.) - You shouldnt have to PM me for them...
I will send you a PM with the stats now

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GT Web
thats kinda rude of me icehole (.)

icehole is not the dot. (bah)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains

icehole is not the dot. (bah)

you see, thats what happens when you go by memory :[

sorry lots :goofy:

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could I get the stats link please you can just post it here, no need to PM as I sometimes don't get them.

Thanks

Sharpy

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
www.fast-autos.com/statistics

I would like to say one thing....this with 2 days left in the auction. I know many of you wish I would go away....this domain is annoying all of you - I am deeply sorry for my promotion of this name. It was my first name I ever bought and it was also the first name I ever tried to sell. I spent $15 on a membership here because I only wanted to sell this name. Now, 5 months later, I am still here, my name has not been sold yet, but I have countless new friends and a great new hobby. I realize now that my ''shock and awe'' marketing campaign was probably the wrong one to use. I appologize to all of the people here I have spammed and hope that they will forgive me. Fast-Autos.com has not given me sales money yet, but it has given a large number of new friends and a great place to come and hang out (DNF). So thanks to you all for putting up with me - and lets hope this name sells by the 27th at Noon Eastern. Thanks guys!!!

Daniel Sitar (GT Web)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought I should answer a PM I got here so everyone would know the answer:

I reg'd the name on in January of 2002, back then, it was getting 900 hits per day when I reg'd it - with no promotion....

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
only 1 day left.....lets see some bids guys.... 1300 hits yesterday!!!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tomorrow at noon is the deadline.... I will cross my fingers and pray....

SlashRoot.Com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web

I am seriously considering to place a bid on your auction. I see a great value in this primarily because of the website content, traffic and advertising revenue. So if you do not mind, I would like to quickly clarify a couple of things before placing my bid:

1: Does the auction include all of the content?

2: Is all of the content (including pictures, etc) original, i.e. either created by you, or duly licensed?

3: Is the stated advertising revenue verifiably documented?

Considering that not much time remains in this auction, I would greatly appreciate your feedback asap.

best regards,

SlashRoot.Com

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

yes, that was something I had heard about and wanted to try. I stopped it after about 1 hour...and it was early in the month....as you can see, only about %0.04 of the total hits came from this

fair enough question though....as you can see this traffic has been stable for over a year

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SlashRoot.Com
GT Web

I am seriously considering to place a bid on your auction. I see a great value in this primarily because of the website content, traffic and advertising revenue. So if you do not mind, I would like to quickly clarify a couple of things before placing my bid:

1: Does the auction include all of the content?

2: Is all of the content (including pictures, etc) original, i.e. either created by you, or duly licensed?

3: Is the stated advertising revenue verifiably documented?

Considering that not much time remains in this auction, I would greatly appreciate your feedback asap.

best regards,

SlashRoot.Com

Answers:

1 - Yes, auction includes all content. I figure I will just make all the files into one large .zip file and let the buyer download that.

2 - Yes and No. The pictures are not all mine, but I have received permission from the origional owners to use their pictures on that site. This is also the case with the flash game. All of the other files were created by me.

3 - I do have a paypal statement of advertising being bought of the site - which is the best way I found to prove this. If you really want this file I can send over a link. Right now, I only use individual advertisers, but as I already stated, after Testing Google's Adsense on only 4 pages on my site I was generating $2 per day. Considering there are close to 100 pages in the site, Adsense revenues could easily be $10 per day. I do not have any proof of this persay....The other way to make money would be through and affiliate program such as CJ. The idea behind this site is to take all of the content, and the traffic and use whichever method you like best to generate revenue. I am only stating my past experiances, since I am still quite new and advertising on the web, I figure the site can make much more $ if run by someone else. I was able to get $300 per month, the buyer, might easily be able to double that number. Thanks

SlashRoot.Com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GT Web

fair enough question though....as you can see this traffic has been stable for over a year

GT Web

I think I am missing something here.

I went to the webstats link that you have posted here, and I see stats from Jan 03 through July 03, i.e. for seven months.

You are stating that the traffic has remained stable over a year, but I do not see any traffic stats for the remaining 5 months. Considering that I am low on my coffee right now, I must be missing something quite obvious here. My apologies if I have missed something obvious here.

I will go through all your posts in this thread again, and try to see what else I might have missed, but for the sake of time, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post a clarification/url to stats for the whole year.

TIA,

SlashRoot.Com

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes.... let me try and explain this as best as I possibly can....

I reg'd the domain in Jan of 2002. Back then, I was using this type of affiliate program....the link to it is still on page now - http://fast-autos.chooseyouritem.com/ads/automotive.html

It doesnt make me any money...but when I first saw it I thought it was really cool, so I signed up and decided to point my domain to that page. I think I got maybe 1 signup - however, in their stats tracking, it said I usually had between 600-800 hits per day, all of them coming from fast-autos.com - this was only a little while after I reg'd the name....with no promotion.

If you go to archieve.org you will see that I had some other pages on there...really awful pages cause I had no experiance with websites....they got about 1000 hits per day and I was hosting them off a free server. Finally, in Jan of this year, I decided I was being a dumbass by going with a free host - I signed up with the hosting company, and started getting public stats. Unfortunetly, I do not have my old stats, but I can tell you that when I first reg'd the name, it had 600-800 everyday....and traffic has kept on growing since. I know this isnt the perfect story....but its what happened....you can see by the alexa rank, and the traffic stats, that my traffic has been great for the last 7 months.....from traffic before that - you will just have to trust me, because I never kept the old stat files....(a really stupid move on my part - but I never thought I would need them for selling the name)

Thanks!

GT

SlashRoot.Com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web

Thank you for your prompt responses. It goes a long way helping me decide if this would be a profitable buy for me or not.

As I have indicated earlier, my rationale for possibly buying this domain/website would be for: website content, traffic, and most importantly the advertising revenue.

At the rate of advertising revenue of $300/month (as you have stated) it would take over 6 months for the break-even to occur considering that you reserve is over $2K.

In order for this to be a viable purchase for me (or for anyone else I suppose), it is important that the said advertising revenue is sustained for at least a year or so.

Are you prepared to sign a non-compete agreement to assure that for one year from the date of this sale, you will not setup another site using a different domain and take the traffic with you as you had indicated to your forum members earlier?

I would have had no reasons to suspect this, but for one of your posts on the forum at your site that reads:

Re:Fast-autos for sale
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 06:36:01 PM » Reply with quote
ok ok.....
I am putting it up for sale..... her are the reasons...

1) Reserve is set at $10,000 USD - This can be me a car of my own and earn me shit load of money
2) I will create a new site - the board is not part of the auction.... It will be about 3 weeks and a new site will come up
3) The guy who is helping me sell says we can get $20,000-$40000, I dont know if thats realistic, but wouldnt you be happy with $15,000

Any ways, dont worry, the board will keep going and if it does sell a new improved site with a new domain name will come up!

Daniel (s2k)

FYI, URL to your above mentioned post is as follows:

http://users.boardnation.com/~s2k/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=126

Are you still planning on doing something like that? If so, I would just move on, wishing you all the best for this auction.

Please clarify.

SlashRoot.Com

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good question......

the answer is NO....that was written back in February...

I have a new site already up that I am running (www.fantasyautos.com) and I am working on another site as well. I am done with that website if it sells....the files would be deleted...

If you would like me to sign about that I would be happy to....as I have absolutly no intention of doing that....I dont even like the design much anymore.....

its a good question though, if you buy, we can set up an agreement like that if you wish

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators