• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Fastest software to check availablility of domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam DickerAdam Dicker is verified member.

Level 12
Domain Broker
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Messages
15,041
Reaction score
1,192
What is the fastest software out there to check availablility of domains when I have to run a list of over 100,000 names?

I have been using domain name analyzer but its way too slow.

Anything better?

-=DCG=-
 
I use DRT to scan up to 500K names - if I had more ram I could scan more. It's the fastest checker I've seen so far
 
Interesting Petrosc.
I purchased DRT but never really found the time to test it.
You given me a good reason to allocate a moment for this.
Thanks for the tip.
 
np Francois, and welcome back by the way:)
 
I also use DRT I run it in batches of about 200,000 and it takes roughly 30 hours to complete.

Cheers,

Jay
 
the speed seriously depends on your processing power and connection. It takes me approx 24h to scan half a million names
 
Thansk Petrocs.

I am thinking about Daniel of JustDropped.com who have high expertise working with zones, ... maybe he can help on this with a software he created or giving access to his whois database.

The other person I am thinking about is Jay of DomainTools.com maybe it's a friend of Adam (I am just a client of him) and he can giving him access to some kind of API to do bulk check into his databases.

The last thing is run DTR in a network of dedicated servers.
 
Brujah of clickmojo.com may also help
 
@petrosc are you using proxies? I've found that once it hits over 100,000 the threads drop down from 10 to 1 causing an obvious slow down. Haven't been able to figure out why it does that as of yet. But if it stayed working at 10 threads I can easily see how 500000 in 24 hours would be accomplished.
 
I have both DRT and Expired Domain Names Pro and I find that Expired Domain Names Pro is by far faster than DRT.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom