Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Final Member Slate Candidates Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CIRA just published the final member candidate slate, congratulations to all of those who moved on:

https://elections.cira.ca/2011/finalslate/list/en

Williams, Tom
Villeneuve, Rob
McArthur, Kevin
Makuch, Greg
Escobar, Andrew
Walton, Catherine
Moll, Marita
Michlick, Frank
Aguiar, Reinaldo

Thank you for your support.

Last edited:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats Frank

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now to put everything in perspective: these nine people run for a total of three seats out of the twelve in total.

That means insiders, or people selected by insiders, compose 75% of the board, and CIRA does not permit votes with less than 80%, so what can the three candidates do?

Nothing - unless they agree to work in unison and none of the three break away from the group, in which case they do have the ability to sway the board.

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good point msn, but unfortunately things are worse.

The member slate candidates (9) are only going for a single board seat this year. There are three seats available for the nomination committee nominees (7).

https://elections.cira.ca/2011/en/faq.html#q30

30 - How many Directors do CIRA Members vote for each year?
CIRA Members will elect a total of four Directors from two different slates.

From the Final Nomination Committee Slate, there are three seats which will hold three-year terms.

From the Final Members' Slate, there is one Director seat to be filled which will hold a three-year term.

A tie among Candidates for number of votes is settled by a random draw, under the supervision of the Returning Officer, of names of the candidates who tied. The Candidate whose name is drawn first shall be deemed to have received the highest number of votes.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now that we have this framed for everyone, it is up to you to demonstrate a commitment to a single goal that you drive if you are on the board - I would suggest democratising the board and the nomination process, and promising to work with - and encourage election of - fellow board members who are also so inclined, no matter what.

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats Frank

Thank you.

Today is the last day you can apply to be a CIRA member in order to be eligible to vote next week, so make sure you register if you haven't done so yet: https://member.cira.ca/en/index.html

Now that we have this framed for everyone, it is up to you to demonstrate a commitment to a single goal that you drive if you are on the board - I would suggest democratising the board and the nomination process, and promising to work with - and encourage election of - fellow board members who are also so inclined, no matter what.

I've been spending some time thinking about this. While a total of 12 members are actually elected, 9 of them are selected by the nominating committee, so are not actually voted on by the members. I would like more of a democratic process and will try to push for one should I be elected as a member of the board. In the same vain. I'm also going to look for ways to enable members (and other stakeholders) to be more involved in designing the future of CIRA.

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CIRA just published the final member candidate slate, congratulations to all of those who moved on:

https://elections.cira.ca/2011/finalslate/list/en

Williams, Tom
Villeneuve, Rob
McArthur, Kevin
Makuch, Greg
Escobar, Andrew
Walton, Catherine
Moll, Marita
Michlick, Frank
Aguiar, Reinaldo

Thank you for your support.

Well done Frank. You can count on our support.

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well done Frank. You can count on our support.

Thank you.

For all of those who haven't become members yet - it may not be too late to become one in order to be allowed to vote. CIRA did say that they will try to get everyone in that applied to be a member by past Friday, but depending on how many people have applied, you may still get in. Apply now.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frank.. you have my vote already!!!!

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Frank.. you have my vote already!!!!

Thank you.

Today is the last day to vote - you need to vote before noon ET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom