Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

First domain purchases, am I on the right track?

BrendonTW

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just got in to domain names. I really only buy .coms, I have a .net that was from my own use a while back. A couple of the .coms were my own personal use as well. Can you all check these out and let me know if you think I am on the right track for end-user sales? I am ok with hanging on to these for long periods of time until and end-user wants them unless I get a good offer from someone else. Some of them are niche from the green industry so they may not make any sense to some of you. Specifically the germination and rates domains. I actually have ideas for almost all of these domains for blogs/news/ecommerce etc... Some of them are only valuable if I develop them later on I presume. Especially on the domains with alternate spellings like organix and so on.

I have had portfoliocreativity.com for a long time and I actually had it appraised professionally by estibot (which I recently discovered on these forums is a waste) and they gave me a $1200 appraisal.

trailtechs.com
trailtex.com
irritatingstuff.com
introvertstuff.com
extrovertstuff.com
plantstome.com
workoutside.net
portfoliocreativity.com
turfgermination.com
germinationscience.com
germinationsciences.com
ornamentalgermination.com
germinationrate.com
etrates.com
brandpurchasing.com
raisingorganics.com
raisingorganic.com
organicgermination.com
organicgerm.com
grownorganix.com
organixstock.com
hikecheck.com
stockorganic.com
organicsend.com

Domain summit 2024

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brendon, do this, pick a niche like acronyms, learn what they are worth (here for example reseller pricing). Attack that niche and buy for less, sell for a bit more.

It is not easy but I would rather see you buy LLL.org or LLL.net at $XXX a name and flip for a small profit but respectable than waste the approx. $250 I see above.

It is how I started!

elevatoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain is aterible biz, but many thought it to be easy.
I am seen something like "etrates" instead of etraits. Yes! That is part of the lesson you must past through before befoming a strong.domainer.

Try to study more and buy domains that have to do with human necesity. Raisingorganic/s - Who are the people to be in need ot it?
You need to critisize yourself before buying any domain and must see the importance.before buying.

Cheers.

usadomains

Register AT COST now Ask Me!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just got in to domain names. I really only buy .coms, I have a .net that was from my own use a while back. A couple of the .coms were my own personal use as well. Can you all check these out and let me know if you think I am on the right track for end-user sales? I am ok with hanging on to these for long periods of time until and end-user wants them unless I get a good offer from someone else. Some of them are niche from the green industry so they may not make any sense to some of you. Specifically the germination and rates domains. I actually have ideas for almost all of these domains for blogs/news/ecommerce etc... Some of them are only valuable if I develop them later on I presume. Especially on the domains with alternate spellings like organix and so on.

I have had portfoliocreativity.com for a long time and I actually had it appraised professionally by estibot (which I recently discovered on these forums is a waste) and they gave me a $1200 appraisal.

trailtechs.com
trailtex.com
irritatingstuff.com
introvertstuff.com
extrovertstuff.com
plantstome.com
workoutside.net
portfoliocreativity.com
turfgermination.com
germinationscience.com
germinationsciences.com
ornamentalgermination.com
germinationrate.com
etrates.com
brandpurchasing.com
raisingorganics.com
raisingorganic.com
organicgermination.com
organicgerm.com
grownorganix.com
organixstock.com
hikecheck.com
stockorganic.com
organicsend.com
I may be wrong stockorganic.com brandpurchasing.com are the top 2. Besides that gamble and play. Do you have them on a server and all online? Where are you located? How long have you been buying?

DC20

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not mean to pick as I've made some mistakes along the way too, but I don't see anything really great in the list. Some could be ok but would require development like you mentioned....and if you did that, you might find it more worthwhile to go with stronger names. Ignore estibot, it means nothing except on well known categories like short domains where you can actually do the math in an algorithm.

My advice is to only buy names that really knock you out of your chair. Not 'well that kinda sounds good', but 'ooh, that's good!". Maybe don't break the bank for them, but wait for that knee-jerk response. A niche is also a great way to go, though smaller end user base. ....but, combine that with that knee-jerk response and you should be off to the races.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators