Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

First post of threads in the marketplace section can't be edited?

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is this on purpose? (or maybe only because my account is pretty new?)
How do you go from there?
If you want to stop selling some names, or sell something else, make changes, etc.

Upvote 0

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am still wondering how to modify threads/posts in the marketplace section. Or do you have to close them and start a new one? How does this work? (even closing, you have to ask it, or how can it be done?)

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Closing of your own marketplace threads is addressed in the new update rolling out, hopefully, by the end of this month.

As far as editing goes, there are time limits on this.

You are more than welcome to always report a thread of your own and ask for it to be deleted or edited for privacy. Most of the time, we'll happily comply with this request. You reporting your own posts does not have any negative impact on your account.

yru

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as editing goes, there are time limits on this.

I think all sales threads, both original thread and all replies should be open to edits.
On other sales message board websites the common protocol is to list a domain for sale and once sold to manually edit out the domain details and price.
Personally I don't feel comfortable buying or selling a domain that has an archived thread

MikeinFlorida

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Archived threads have very little, however, to do with the real value of a domain name. The age of a name often times also does not have much to do with its value. A premium domain name is premium. Most of course are junk.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you'd like edit times changed, please move it on over to the suggestions forum so that we can gauge the popularity and assign them to different upgrade schedules.

Trt to be as specific as possible.

If you have the same, but slightly different version of the idea, please post that in a new thread.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators