Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Fishy domain sale/purchase - plse help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atco

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It implies that you didn't read the FAQ.

Sorry I think I missed sthng here.. What do you mean? Of course I know that the seller doesn't have the legal right to do so. Just as a thief has no legal rights to a crime.

Not to mention that I sense a buyer's remorse here.

Haha - hope you're right. Here in the UK we have a 7 day "cool-off" period which I think is called buyer's remorse law in the US and is 3 days. But I think it's difficult to apply these for domain name sales, where sellers are often in another country, and can disappear with you money in a blink.

But I like what you're saying.

Domain summit 2024

Atco

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Due diligence is performed before an agreement is reached. But you can always terminate Escrow at your expense (not sure what the FAQ states).

Yes I did my due diligence, called the Seller too. But it was way before the fishy updates and new people appearing on the scene. So I need to run a second round of due diligence now, but this time I'm more thorough.

Having said that, I'm starting to have good feelings about this. I reached the previous owner's numbers, he confirmed his consent. In fact it's a family business, and the seller seems to be from a large Muslim country, where I think last minute changes and bullying is part of the business flavour :)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Escrow.com is cooperative, they'll not release the monies until everything is confirmed.

Not everything.. They release funds even when buyer does not follow up and confirm he received the domain.. 7 business days from date of inspection period is when funds are released.

I think you'd be surprised at how many buyers choose not to complete this step after receiving the domain.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can confirm this as true.

Not everything.. They release funds even when buyer does not follow up and confirm he received the domain.. 7 business days from date of inspection period is when funds are released.

I think you'd be surprised at how many buyers choose not to complete this step after receiving the domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators