Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed flag.info just sold on Afternic

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

Interesting sale, especially how the bidding jumped.

I wonder if its a genuine sale or one designed to make people value new tld's more in a beauty.cc kind of way.

T

Tee

Personally, I think its a little low. I've been offered many times that for one of my info names. I would have held on to that. I guess there has to be the first sellers of the extension and these sales will not be the highest.

I predict by the fall/early winter, with all the great generics out, we will see some spectacular sales. Then we will see the beginnings of the great .info rush causing massive upheavel within the industry.

Should be interesting.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Indeed.

Strange bidding process on that one, 2 one K bids by the buyer.

believe it when the names transferred. Though the price doesn't look right to me, flag.info? information about flag?

T

Tee

Patriotism. 9/11. WTC. America. Terr....

Flags. Major, major seller.

245k in overture. Off the charts months ago.

Flag.info

I personally like flags.info much better.

yeah flags makes more sense now that you mention it, and don't forget that the overture figure is for plural AND singular combined.

Always the chance that it could be a buyer with no taste though :)

Originally posted by safesys
don't forget that the overture figure is for plural AND singular combined.

yeah I would have thought "flags" would get many times more searches than "flag"?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
Always the chance that it could be a buyer with no taste though :)

To each his own. What is not important to you may be of the highest value to another person. We all have blind spots. We were born with them :dead:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It appears to be a very suspect auction. Odd bidding patterns, 2 bidders with 2 offers each and a sudden $800 increase in the bid amount. Why such a big increment?

Also, the sales price seem extremely high for Flag.info, somewhat of an odd name. I (wrongly) lost one of my 2 .info names to their landrush 2 process and do not want to spend the $100 or so needed to try & get the name back as I now dont feel info has much value as an extension.

Many auctions on Afternic are believed to be fruadulent in one way or the other.

Recently a "Sale of The Week" was a name which was unregistered! :D

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RealNames.

You noticed that to ... huh

:)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames
It appears to be a very suspect auction. Odd bidding patterns, 2 bidders with 2 offers each and a sudden $800 increase in the bid amount. Why such a big increment?

I agree that Afternic is rife will shill bidding.

But if you were to study the patterns of bids below $3k, you will see a sharp raise in bids towards the end of the auction. This tactic is normally used to break away from the pretensious pack, a kind of "so you are serious? get lost" ploy. This is meant to shock the rest of the laggards to get out of the game. Most do, some don't.

T

Tee

Personally, I think flag at $1k is a steal.
Oh, and according to google adwords, "flag" yields 38k impressions daily while flags yield 15k. So, most of the searches are probably for flag. In any case, a very smart url. However, I still would prefer flags.info, for its "selling flags motive potential".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators