• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Flip-Flops.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barefoot

Go barefoot!
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
416
Reaction score
1
Hi,

Flip-flops are very popular items and this domain gets a few type-ins each day even with the hyphen. In fact, this domain is often seen WITH the hyphen in everyday usage.

I've seen quite a few hyphenated domains selling for low $x,xxx lately, according to DNJournal.

Seeking your appraisals, please.

Thanks,
Dan
 
this is funny: barefoot owns Flip-Flops.com!

This could get you mid x,xxx but would do far better developed. I'm not sure how big a market there online for flip flops, but if its even a fraction of the online shoe retail market, this name could make you big bucks developed
 
Thank you for the appraisals. Looking for more.
 
I also think it's worth at least low four figures. Good luck!
 
Thanks for the appraisals, everyone. Any more?
 
Still looking for appraisals. Thanks!
 
Hi i would say 5k does it get good traffic ?
 
I really like this domain, but am very much not a fan of the "-". I appraise at what I would pay for the name....Without the "-" I'd say it is a mid xx,xxx. I'd say about $1500 with the dash.
 
Yeah, the hyphen doesn't help - but the domain does get some type-ins the way it is. It's one of those terms where some people expect a hyphen to be there, so I guess they tend to include it when they type this domain into their address bar.
 
I just read that president-of-the-world.com just sold at Sedo for $4,923 . Jig-saw.com sold for $6,000 recently. And Austria-Trend.com €10,000 ($15,565).

Based on these sales figures, I'd think Flip-Flops.com could sell for even more than that to an end-user.

Thoughts?
 
Point it to McCain's web site.
 
Flip-flopping is the practice of stating one thing and falling back to another later on. ;)
 
Flip-flopping is the practice of stating one thing and falling back to another later on. ;)

Oh, I realize what it means, thus the wink. I believe most politicians tend to do that from time to time. How could they not?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom