Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Florida man sues 'American Idol'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

TheTron

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good for him, hopefully he sues them into the ground.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ctn
interesting to see how this turns out,i hope the man wins myself

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/01/19/american.idol/index.html

This is lawsuit is almost as good as the one brought by the guy who tried to sue McDonald's for selling him hamburgers which made him fat. American idol is more of a "contest". The rules of the contest seem pretty clear to me. Those older than 24 need not apply...

izopod

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

This is lawsuit is almost as good as the one brought by the guy who tried to sue McDonald's for selling him hamburgers which made him fat. American idol is more of a "contest". The rules of the contest seem pretty clear to be. Those older than 24 need not apply...

izopod

Yes, kinda like the letting gays in the boy scouts which is a private org.
And kinda like letting women in augusta golf club which is private to

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess you could say that it's similar to the miss america pageants where they do not allow women over 24ish to compete. I hope he wins b/c I hate that show and hate the music industry with their cookie cutter crap.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope he loses ..total nonsense..This wasnt a job interview..it's contest.. lets see..

Next he'll sue the Gerber cutest baby because they wont let him enter ? what a moron

They are looking for a young man..

Looks like a money digger..just a way for him to try and cash in..

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ctn

Yes, kinda like the letting gays in the boy scouts which is a private org.
And kinda like letting women in augusta golf club which is private to

Exactly.
Btw the Supreme Court ruled that the Boy Scouts of America can bar homosexuals from being troop leaders. Thank God.

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well being that it is a contest and the rules are there, i should say ,he sould not win,but i hope he does,just to see him on the show:laugh:

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ReignDomain

Exactly.
Btw the Supreme Court ruled that the Boy Scouts of America can bar homosexuals from being troop leaders. Thank God.

Looks like bigotry and ignorance is not only alive and well, but thriving... Even right here on DNForum. :mad:

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Manic

Looks like bigotry and ignorance is not only alive and well, but thriving... Even right here on DNForum. :mad:

I fail to see how bigotry and ignorance is "thriving" on this forum. Yeah, there's probably a few knuckleheads out there, but certainly not everyone is a "biggot" or "homophobe".

izopod

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
By thriving, I was refering to the Supreme Court. It takes more than just a few knuckleheads to make that kind of ruling. (ie: a lot of knuckleheads)

I'm saddened to see that kind of remark posted here, just when I've gotten used to the civilised atmosphere.

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ctn
well being that it is a contest and the rules are there, i should say ,he sould not win,but i hope he does,just to see him on the show:laugh:

Well, but then they would have to rename the show: from American Idol to Boca Raton Idol.:)

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

No its called freeing your mind and saying what you believe in,instead of being brainwashed into saying things that actually deep down inside you don't believe in, just to suit other people

people will always have different opinions,religions and views and so on

You would be surprised if you knew how many people that were out there that say things they don't really believe in just to keep people like you from ranting and raving because there views are different from yours.

Instead of throwing around bigotry and ignorance ,why not just say i disagree and state your case.Because the comments you just threw out to him are no better than his comments.

Its kinda like me trying to get you to believe in jesus and the bible and you not accepting,and then me turning around and calling you ignorant,thats not going to get me closer to changing your mind,in fact it would make it harder for me to get you to accept

all imo:)

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope this gets thrown out. This is the number one problem in America these days. I was an idiot because i didnt read the rules and when i was pointed to the rules i decided to go to court. Whats next? Do you read rules of a contest you are entering by mail? Limited to NY residents only? Lets see you enter from NJ and then take them to court for it! What kind of idiocy is this? I dont read the rules or do read them and deliberately violate them and hope to get millions by wasting tax payer's money? WTF? What bothers me even more is that this crap was on the news! Do we have nothing more to tell the people of this country?

Although i hate the stupid show, i do hope the guy not only loses but is also pointed to his stupidity as many times as it takes for him to get it.

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Americans are crazy :D

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ctn

No its called freeing your mind and saying what you believe in,instead of being brainwashed into saying things that actually deep down inside you don't believe in, just to suit other people

people will always have different opinions,religions and views and so on

You would be surprised if you knew how many people that were out there that say things they don't really believe in just to keep people like you from ranting and raving because there views are different from yours.

Instead of throwing around bigotry and ignorance ,why not just say i disagree and state your case.Because the comments you just threw out to him are no better than his comments.

Its kinda like me trying to get you to believe in jesus and the bible and you not accepting,and then me turning around and calling you ignorant,thats not going to get me closer to changing your mind,in fact it would make it harder for me to get you to accept

all imo:)

The golden rule vs hate-mongering.

Vilification based on someone's sexuality is a violation of their basic human rights. Do you have some evidence that shows a person's ethics and morals are determined by their sexuality? If so, I would be very interested to see it. If not, how can you pass judgement?

ReignDomain, yes, some people are different to you. You don't have to like them. But if you want to live in a civilised society, and have your rights respected you have to respect everyone else's rights. Don't talk hatred.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Don't talk hatred.

One question: Who determines what is hate speech??

In a free society one has to be careful what you consider speech that would incite hatred, and speech that is relevant to ones personal views.

My philosophy on speech is it must be allowed in all forms. I personally did not like the tone of the anti-war rally that went on in Washington D.C last week. As a military veteran who served in Desert Storm, I was taken back by some of the speeches I heard. So much so I had the urge to drive to D.C and give them a piece of my mind.

What I would have like to have done is debate them, and meticulously show them how wrong they are.

Not letting people speak their mind is just as bad as letting someone spew hatred in public IMHO. The reason: If you don't let someone speak you can't show them how wrong they are (in public).

I think what happens is that people who feel hurt by certain forms of speech don't trust others to form rational opinions about the hate speech that is out there.

izopod

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom