Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Florida man sues 'American Idol'

Status
Not open for further replies.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This case is not a question of rights. Its clear-cut!

The show has its rules.
The man knew the rules.
Instead of calling the show and asking for an exception, the man went out and stood in the line for hours.
Why did he do that knowing he would be turned down beforehand? He was planning the legal action in advance, he figured he will have it his way one way or another. No sane human being will go stand in line for several hours knowing that he is in violation of the rules of the contest unless he plans to get something out of it.

Now let me ask you this: Why cant i enter the miss America contest? Because i am a man? So the rules of the contest discriminate on gender? Thats not right, i am going to go stand in line and when they turn me down i will sue them.

"I find it hard to believe that age plays a part in determining the next 'American Idol,'" Cummings said in a news release.

Oh yeah? Well i find it hard to believe people dont want to see me in a bathing suit. I think my legs look sexy!

Does this sound idiotic to you? Why doesnt the case with the guy and American Idol? Same principal.

Rules are rules. if you want your own rules, go invest the shitload of cash required to create and push a contest like this, do all the hard work and then have some idiot sue you because your rules do not allow one-eyed bald 75 year-old lap-dancers!

Domain Summit 2024

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Simon Cowellpat is a complete (expletive deleted)....

These shows are 'talentless' - all just about manufactured pap to bring in nice big fat paychecks for the greedy corrupt record execs.

The real talented people who try and apply for these awful shows actually get swept aside, or worse, just cliched and forced into some gross semi-nude dance act.

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devolution
Simon Cowellpat is a complete (expletive deleted)....

These shows are 'talentless' - all just about manufactured pap to bring in nice big fat paychecks for the greedy corrupt record execs.

The real talented people who try and apply for these awful shows actually get swept aside, or worse, just cliched and forced into some gross semi-nude dance act.

I disagree. I think Simon is a brilliant showman. And I like the show.

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

One question: Who determines what is hate speech??

In a free society one has to be careful what you consider speech that would incite hatred, and speech that is relevant to ones personal views.

My philosophy on speech is it must be allowed in all forms. I personally do not like the tone of the anti-war rally that went on in Washington D.C last week. As a military veteran who served in Desert Storm, I was taken back by some of the speeches I heard. So much so I had the urge to drive to D.C and give them a piece of my mind.

What I would have like to have done is debate them, and meticulously show them how wrong they are.

Not letting people speak their mind is just as bad as letting someone spew hatred in public IMHO. The reason: If you don't let someone speak you can't show them how wrong they are (in public).

I think what happens is that people who feel hurt by certain forms of speech don't trust others to form rational opinions about the hate speech that is out there.

izopod

Well said.
Political correctness is what will/may eventually destroy this country.

And to those who think it is ok to allow homosexuals to be Boy Scout leaders ( or to be anywhere near young boys for that matter ) I will say: Why do you hate those boys so much?

Or should I say "why do you love them so much?" :laugh:

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Reigndomain, statistically, homosexuals are LESS likely to sexually molest young boys than heterosexuals. Kinda weird, but the data speaks for itself. Therefore, having little boys around gay Boy Scout leaders actually does not in any way increase the chance of them being molested/raped/etc.

Political correctness is far far far less of a risk to a country than extreme racism or prejudice, look at Nazi Germany as an example.

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by draqon
Reigndomain, statistically, homosexuals are LESS likely to sexually molest young boys than heterosexuals. Kinda weird, but the data speaks for itself. Therefore, having little boys around gay Boy Scout leaders actually does not in any way increase the chance of them being molested/raped/etc.

Political correctness is far far far less of a risk to a country than extreme racism or prejudice, look at Nazi Germany as an example.

heterosexuals molesting young boys =homosexual petifile

Its bad enough having to deal with heterosexuals molesting young boys, and then having another doorway to open up for all the "bad homosexuals " to come through
statistically your probably right there probably are alot of homosexuals that are LESS likely to sexually molest young boys than heterosexuals

I just believe the courts just thinks its to risky and more bad problems will come from it instead of good,and if they did pass it and a "bad homosexual "got caught molesting them i think the the whole gay communities would be living in fear alot more than they do now

I wonder if statistics has been done on
homosexuals that was molested when they were young compaired to homosexuals that was not molested when they were young

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ctn

I wonder if statistics has been done on
homosexuals that was molested when they were young compaired to homosexuals that was not molested when they were young

I am betting the statistics would show (depending on who does them) that homosexual tendancies are not caused by previous molestations. Women are probably the most likely to be molested when young, yet you don't find a unusually large lesbian population.

izopod

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting how a simple nut case ... case ... ahem... developed into a completely new subject

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Well said, draqon.

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

They are equally bad.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you and brn2hate should carpool to your Ku Klux Klan meetings.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow - so many different subjects have developed from this thread.

My views.....(as an individual and a member here - NOT as the mod)

1) Simon is the best thing about that show. He is honest and doesn't waste time.

2) There is no such thing as heterosexuals molesting young boys. If you molest young boys - you are homosexual. Now perhaps you like females too - in which case you could be Bi-Sexual.

3) The Boy Scout Organization should have the right to allow or keep out - anybody they want - for any reason they want. It is a PRIVATE organization. Would you let somebody else tell you who you could - or could not - allow into your home? Of course not - because it is YOUR home - and it is PRIVATE.

This is the lounge. It's nice to be able to express your views & opinions - even if they are different then the person who posts before or after you.

Simple minded people like Dragon always amaze me. They automatically lump anybody with different views from their own - into categories - because that's all they understand. They are the true racists and the true bigots. No question about it. The proof is in the post just above me. Reign has not expressed anything about Blacks or Racism - yet the simple minded Dragon automatically puts him in with KKK members. Heh! :rolleyes:

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
Wow - so many different subjects have developed from this thread.

My views.....(as an individual and a member here - NOT as the mod)

1) Simon is the best thing about that show. He is honest and doesn't waste time.

I agree. He more than made up for the lack of talent exhibited amongst the contestants. I watched the initial stages of Pop Stars, Pop Idol and Pop Stars - The Rivals (all UK shows) because of the judges comments regarding the contestants. Once it got to the final ten and the performing, I switched off. It wasn't interesting anymore. I haven't seen American Idol but American Idol 2 is due to be screened over here on ITV2 whilst it is being made in the USA so i'll be TiVo'ing that one. ;)

2) There is no such thing as heterosexuals molesting young boys. If you molest young boys - you are homosexual. Now perhaps you like females too - in which case you could be Bi-Sexual.

You've made a mistake here I am afraid. You're bringing sexuality into the realms of paedophilia and it's often a totally seperate thing. A paedophile has 'sexual interest in children'. It's the child-like aspect of the victim, rather than their sexuality that is 'attractive' to the paedophile. So when a paedophile molests a young boy or young girl, they're more than likely doing it devoid of the sexualness of the victim. Paedophilia is linked so much more with psychological aspects of the perpetrator rather than plain sexual relief.

Incidently the same goes with victims of rape. I have a day job and hold a position where there is a chance that a victim of rape may report the crime to me personally. Therefore, in order to best prepare myself for this possibility, I attended a seminar earlier this month at NSY (New Scotland Yard) - the HQ of the UK police force, conducted by a team involved with investigating crimes of rape. One of the points that had to be hammered home to the audience was that male rape (i.e. the rape of a man by another man) is not 'gay rape'. Many in the audience couldn't get their heads around this concept. The fact is that an overwhelming majority of male on male rapes are perpetrated by hetrosexual men.

From reading what you've written, I'd assume you'd claim that the perpetrators cannot be hetrosexual; they must be homosexual or at the very least bisexual. The audience said the same.

Rape is about control and power; and often nothing to do with plain sex. Very often the perpetrator is known to the victim. A significant number of male on male rapes (and I am talking about the majority) are conducted devoid of sexuality. So the reason for the rape might be about control or power, rather than about the perpetrator being sexually attracted to the victim.

So if, as a male (whatever your sexuality is), you're unfortunate enough to be raped (which can only, in the UK, be perpetrated by another man - for reasons which are rather obvious!) it is unlikely to be about sexuality. The concept of 'gay rape' isn't valid. You can have a man who is gay, and is a rapist. You can also have a victim of a rape, who is gay. However rape is often about something different, aside from plain sexual relief.

3) The Boy Scout Organization should have the right to allow or keep out - anybody they want - for any reason they want. It is a PRIVATE organization. Would you let somebody else tell you who you could - or could not - allow into your home? Of course not - because it is YOUR home - and it is PRIVATE.

Yes that is true. However I have read - was it in Newsweek a while back, I cannot remember - that they receive public money to fund their activities. If that is the case, why should they restrict their membership to any less than those that contribute to their existance? I believe they've lost a lot of public money now and sponsorship because of their policy. But if they are truely a private organisation, they do have the right to choose who they want to have within their membership.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well - atleast we agree on 2 out of 3 David. :)

As for the 3rd (the hetro VS. homo theory) - I will accept that you know more about that - after reading your comments regarding your job. I'm sure you can understand though - that's it's hard for many of us to grasp how a male can be sexually involved with another male - without being homosexual. It just seems to be a contradiction.

However - your point (and apparent fact) regarding it being more about power & control - does make a lot of sense.
I never really looked at it that way. Then again - I never really looked at very much at all. Interesting.

Hmmmm...... I wonder if somebody is going to bring up the topic of Abortion now? :eek:

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Incorrect. In addition to posting small-brained homophobic comments, he posted anti-Muslim comments. That combination at least suggests a pattern of intolerance and prejudice...for which he received my sarcastic comment.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by NamePopper.com

Simple minded people like Dragon always amaze me. They automatically lump anybody with different views from their own - into categories - because that's all they understand. They are the true racists and the true bigots. No question about it. The proof is in the post just above me. Reign has not expressed anything about Blacks or Racism - yet the simple minded Dragon automatically puts him in with KKK members. Heh! :rolleyes:

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Incorrect. In addition to posting small-brained homophobic comments, he posted anti-Muslim comments. That combination at least suggests a pattern of intolerance and prejudice...for which he received my sarcastic comment.

:rolleyes:

Incorrect. You posted pro-pervert comments, for which you received my anti-pervert comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom