• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Flu.info

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggs101

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
1,078
Reaction score
62
Flu.info

This is easily one of the most generic LLL.infos on the secondary market today.

Flu (also known as influenza) is a disease of the lungs and upper airways caused by infection with a flu virus. The virus spreads in the lungs and airways. There are three flu viruses, known as A, B & C.

- Over 34,000,000 google results
- Attracts 39 PPC sponsors with clicks as high as $7.36
- Fantastic Overture (unsurprising!): 20,470
- Wordtracker per day: 1248

Flu usually occurs during the winter months, from October to April. So now would be a great time for me to sell. But I have no idea on potential value.

Please appraise.
 
your description is the best appraisal it can get.
nothing more than that.
 
Again, very nice domain name.

mid xxxx resell, low-mid 1x,xxx end.
 
Last edited:
Mid - high x,xxx
 
Nice name. I prefer Acne.info though has better development potential IMO.
 
Thanks for the feedback.

Domain is now for sale here at DNForum (and @ Sedo).
 
This domain could fetch a high end user sell of 100k to a major drug company aand developing it can make it into a million dollar domain because everyone wants inbfo on the flu and remedies and medications great domain for development wholesaler probably high x,xxx
 
I know it's the most common virus on the planet, but $100,000 end user seems a bit far-fetched, don't you think?
 
with development anything is possible
 
Have you emailed the big drug companies informing them it is for sale?

Just a thought though, you could easily develop the site and sell advertising on it, this could be a very productive and profitable venture especially with drug companies able to put video ads on the site. For a couple of weeks work you could potentially amass a quite staggering annual income. Also remember flu is a world wide phenomenon with new strains every year and it affects animals as well as humans so a profitable section of any site would be about domestic animal flu's and livestock flus (remember bird flu).

If you would like to discuss possibilities of ways of developing the site deop me a PM.

This domain/site has tremendous financial potential.
 
Cheers Billbo.
To be honest, I have only owned this domain for 24hrs. I was planning on shooting a personalised email to Novartis and some other big drup corporations tomorrow. I am sure it will interest someone in the medical world. Tomorrow I will also be receiveing a $1x,xxx offer from an interested buyer - It would be a tremendous 48hr profit deal if I accept. But I see more potential with this gem. As you say, If I take the time to hire a developer, I could maybe sell for 6 figures before the end of the year. Please PM ideas if you have any and maybe we can work something out if I choose the developper route.
 
Cheers Billbo.
To be honest, I have only owned this domain for 24hrs. I was planning on shooting a personalised email to Novartis and some other big drup corporations tomorrow. I am sure it will interest someone in the medical world. Tomorrow I will also be receiveing a $1x,xxx offer from an interested buyer - It would be a tremendous 48hr profit deal if I accept. But I see more potential with this gem. As you say, If I take the time to hire a developer, I could maybe sell for 6 figures before the end of the year. Please PM ideas if you have any and maybe we can work something out if I choose the developper route.

Biggs you have 2 bomb .infos I've tell you in pm...don't sell these on forums now you can make very big money. :)
Good luck mate we wait to see ya on DNJournal soon!!
 
Agreed with Carter... don't sell them on the forums...actually don't sell them at all (at least for a while).

Try developing them both and you'll get more than you ever dreamed

Good luck!
 
I'd love to know where did you get them. Being an MD, I want some of those. Maybe who sold them to you has something I like? PM if you would share some info, please.
 
Bigg I have PM'ed you.

You can see the interest here, my advice is consider your options for a week or two, and I agree with the posts above, take them of the 'for sale' venues immediately, at least whilst considering what these domains could mean to you.
 
Thanks guys. I will follow your advice. My ACNE.info domain will be developed into a nice website very shortly. There will be links to products, great articles writen from a great content writer. I will contact end users today by email informing them that these 2 bombs are now for sale, would they be interested etc. would they like to place advertisments on either of the sites etc. If ANCE.info is a success, I may develop FLU.info as well. This domain seems to have even more potential than Acne.info according to all the extensive feedback I have been getting these last 24hrs. Thanks once again for your guidance; If I land a 6 figure sale for either of these domains in the near future (I still think this is unlikely), someone here may get a small share. My head is still spinning from reading all the PM's... and I have just woken up :)

Do you think I have done the right thing developing Acne.info into a nice information website with articles, links to related products etc. Should be ready soon. Does this domain have as good as potential as Flu.info? There seems to be even better results, adsense ads for Acne.info.
 
Last edited:
Well, I am happy that these two domains get so good feedback here, So our trade obviously worked good for you: CONGRATS!

I had the ULTIMATE .info GEM, and sold it in March of this year: ho/tel.in/fo That one made 295,000 US Dollars, undevelopped. I also sold the third highest .info: travel.info, a SEDO deal, 116,000 Dollars.

I still have some good ones, see next thread. I will ask your opinion!
 
Thanks guys. I will follow your advice. My ACNE.info domain will be developed into a nice website very shortly. There will be links to products, great articles writen from a great content writer. I will contact end users today by email informing them that these 2 bombs are now for sale, would they be interested etc. would they like to place advertisments on either of the sites etc. If ANCE.info is a success, I may develop FLU.info as well. This domain seems to have even more potential than Acne.info according to all the extensive feedback I have been getting these last 24hrs. Thanks once again for your guidance; If I land a 6 figure sale for either of these domains in the near future (I still think this is unlikely), someone here may get a small share. My head is still spinning from reading all the PM's... and I have just woken up :)

Do you think I have done the right thing developing Acne.info into a nice information website with articles, links to related products etc. Should be ready soon. Does this domain have as good as potential as Flu.info? There seems to be even better results, adsense ads for Acne.info.

I'm happy you choose to develop one of your names...good luck with your projects!
 
Thanks Carter. I will ask for your opinion(s) once the website is active.
 
HI

I would say.. 2.5k Plus... a name if I had it I would not sell... just like acne.info I would not sell that either..

Tom
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom