• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Flukier.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
9,128
Reaction score
176
One word generic. Thought could be fun for gambling site or sports? Any ideas? Thoughts? Values? Apperciate any input. Guy
:bounce:
 
Come'on this is not a real dictionary word, and dont even start with generic..I think it has become a joke recently what people think a real generic word is, what kind of dictionary are you guys using?..I think most results in google will talk about how they think flukier is a real word, but nobody is actually using it..reg fee IMO
 
Well this is the first time I heard someone use it to be honest, but I kinda like it
 
It's in any dictionary. The word fluke. Or you can be flukey. (lucky)
Or you can be flukier. eg: i'm normally quite flukey, but jim, he's flukier.
I'm English & it's an English word, maybe it doesn't fit into the US market I don't know. I thought it could be something refreshing for a gambling site rather than poker this & casino that. That's all. Appreciate comments & ideas. Thanks so far. To correct the first posting though, it is generic.
:boink:
 
i dont see any value in this domain.sorry to say this but i am saying the fact. there are many such words still left to be regged ( uncommon dictionary words), good luck with the name
 
good luck. i hope you can get a good apprisal price so please don't be down.
 
Cheers preoccupy,
I still think it has alot of potential, just interested in others views. Everyone has their own ideas on what can work. My theory is if it's a TLD, short & sweet & memorable, plus easy to spell, you won't go far wrong. One example I always say is there are certain domain names that are basically sh*t. However the web devlopment & company development is outstanding. Two examples: Godaddy.com
123-reg.com
In actual fact ebay & google weren't the best 'names' they did alright!
:jaw:
Take it easy, Guy
 
guy0102 said:
It's in any dictionary. The word fluke. Or you can be flukey. (lucky)
.... To correct the first posting though, it is generic.
:boink:
what I obviously meant was that "although" its technically a dictionary word its not what people in the domain space would refer to as such, also, the term generic means to be a classification for many things, such as "insurance" is the generic word for "car insurance", "life insurance" and so on, I was just trying to explain that if you want to be taken seriously you dont classify a word like this as dictionary or generic, but good luck with your domain, its not about good appraisals that you get but only about offers, and who knows, maybe you get a good one down the road..
 
Guy0102, is not a fluke something out of the ordinary? (have not yet gotten the dictionary :) )
 
Yes, true. Lucky, something out of ordinary, anything like that.
It was a good James Herbert book I think! :washing:
Guy
 
guy0102 said:
Cheers preoccupy,
I still think it has alot of potential, just interested in others views. Everyone has their own ideas on what can work. My theory is if it's a TLD, short & sweet & memorable, plus easy to spell, you won't go far wrong. One example I always say is there are certain domain names that are basically sh*t. However the web devlopment & company development is outstanding. Two examples: Godaddy.com
123-reg.com
In actual fact ebay & google weren't the best 'names' they did alright!
:jaw:
Take it easy, Guy

ebay and google werent the best names back then but they pumped millions and billions of dollars into development and mass marketing of their brand. If you spent 500 million dollars marketing this name and getting the word out there and have tv commercials for it then this name would obviously have the potential to be worth a lot just like almost any name would. i appraise your name at $xx but if you develop it you could get more just like most names. good luck.
 
I give the domain a value at $20 - $30 , and around there... It might be a dictionary word, But ive never heard it before to be honest, and what type of site can you build out of this?

1 entry found for flukier.
fluk·y also fluk·ey Audio pronunciation of "flukier" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (flk)
adj. fluk·i·er, fluk·i·est

1. Resulting from or depending on mere chance.
2. Constantly shifting; uncertain: a fluky wind.
 
Its like comparing

Good - Better - Best
Fluky - Flukier - Flukiest

Wich would you choos last? Sorry but really not much value.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom