Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed FontSite with 22,000+ verified members

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccollin

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This looks like a great site... real traffic, backlinks, income. I'm thinking of jumping into the bidding, but have a question about copyrights. Many fonts are not free.. Adobe and others sell fonts which have copyright protection. When someone submits a font to your site, how do you make sure that its a public domain font?

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Me too, please PM site URL.

Cheers,
Stuart.

da rel hogan

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mccollin said:
This looks like a great site... real traffic, backlinks, income. I'm thinking of jumping into the bidding, but have a question about copyrights. Many fonts are not free.. Adobe and others sell fonts which have copyright protection. When someone submits a font to your site, how do you make sure that its a public domain font?

The fonts have to be checked to see if they are commercial etc, so unfortunately it's a manual process. We also have a report function which allows people to inform us of any that “slip the net”. All the fonts on the site have been checked. There is also a few functions in the Admin section such as banned font names ie) Arial (Mircosoft Copyright).

CrazyLime

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please me details/stats/url. Thanks!

da rel hogan

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can you give a larger picture of PayPal revenue (i.e., going back several months instead of just 5 days)?

I’ve added a few extra – Give me any date range and add them – Otherwise there will be hundreds of screenshots

2. How much upkeep (i.e., hours per week) does the site require? I am very computer literate, but do not have experience with the software you are currently using (will not take me long to learn).

Currently I spend only 2/3 hours a month, which is not enough. To really get the site running to it’s full potential I’d say 3/4 hours per week.

3. Any of the software require annual renewals or maintenance fees? In other words, aside from servers and hosting, what other costs are involved in running the site?
No on going costs other than hosting (if required)

4. Any legal issues? I.e., has anyone complained of a commercial font being distributed on the site? If so, how is/was this handled? Any outstanding C&D or legal issues that have not been resolved? (Sorry, please do not be offended by this question -- some sellers can unscrupulously sell encumbered sites -- I am sure you are not one of them, but it is always best to ask).

We have had a few requests from Authors but all have been resolved by crediting the Author or removing the font. Since then we have added in several features to stop commercial fonts entering the system. I’m confident that all the fonts are legal and there are no outstanding issues.

5. You say there are 3000 unapproved fonts. What does the approval process entail? Must each font be manually added to the database, and added to the a ZIP file for download, or is the process automated somewhat?

The approval page needs you to check if the font already exists within the system(different spelling etc), check it’s not commercial by opening the font and searching google. It is a bad font, click delete. If it is a commercial font, click Delete Commercial. This adds the font to the banned list. If all seems ok then click Add. Takes about 20 / 30 seconds to approve each font.I’ve added in a few screenshots

limited10

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can you PM me with all the info thanks

csmaster2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how's it sold? He never gave a BIN price..

csmaster2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bah you're right, didnt see that :(

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ah missed it..bin should've been in the first post really

csmaster2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
heh I asked about a BIN several times, no response :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators