Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Foreign .info names

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tee

Anyone here speak spanish or portuguese?

What do you guys think of these foreign language .info names?

Dinheiro.info (money in portuguese)
Bunda.info (ass in portuguese)
Verga.info (dick in spanish)
Espectaculo.info (show/entertainment in spanish)
meu.info (my in portuguese)
BolsaDeValores.info (stockmarket/exchange in portuguese and spanish)
Brasileiro.info (brazilian in portuguese)

Thanks

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
Anyone here speak spanish or portuguese?

What do you guys think of these foreign language .info names?

Dinheiro.info (money in portuguese)
Bunda.info (ass in portuguese)
Verga.info (dick in spanish)
Espectaculo.info (show/entertainment in spanish)
meu.info (my in portuguese)
BolsaDeValores.info (stockmarket/exchange in portuguese and spanish)
Brasileiro.info (brazilian in portuguese)

Thanks

Not sure about value of these names Tee, but someone needs to tell ancestry.com what the portuguese meaning for "Bunda" is--lol

http://www.overture.com/d/search/?type=home&tm=1&Keywords=bunda&_requestid=585089

Joking aside, I am not sure what these would be worth. They get a lot of mentions of the names in Google, but advertisers are not going after these names. It's possible you could be sitting on a gold mine as some of these names relate to emerging market countries. It could be in 2 years that the "market" will be there for your names. Just not sure they are right now.

Your best name still is Ass.us.

izopod

T

Tee

Thanks Izopod. Ass.us is good, but I have better ones imo. Ass.us is probably my 7th or 8th best name imo. Of the foreign names, I like dinheiro. I'll be doing something with that probably next year.

I was just curious what (native) speakers or other portuguese/spanish domainers thought of it/them.

Thanks again.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
Thanks Izopod. Ass.us is good, but I have better ones imo. Ass.us is probably my 7th or 8th best name imo. Thanks again.

Sounds like you did very well in the respective roll-outs.

We seem to be getting more and more foreign .info domains in the last few months. I'm not sure if it's because we are "foreign friendly" when it comes to credit card processing, or if there is just a broad rush on foreign .info domains, but in reviewing the business from August, most of the .info domains were not english words at all...

-t

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very nice names tee. Generally speaking, English language domains will have the broadest commercial value worldwide since market applicability is biggest. The is after all the World Wide Web. But a member here told me once that he sold a French name for about $50k.

You never know with these names. The good thing is that the names end in .info, which is one of the most intuitive and naturally toggled extensions available for foreign language words. If it was a .com, end of story.

T

Tee

Thanks Mole.

And I just remembered that I also have Joia.info (jewelry in portuguese) and minha.info (my.info fem.) I have nossa.com (wow, ours port) too.

Info is a very international extension because many languages use the same abbrv or at least it's understandable. In portuguese, for example, information is informação. So, it kind of works there.

I did ok in the .info and .biz (got one premo biz name, maybe two)landrushes. I got some decent sets of names, which is what I was trying to do so I wouldn't have to go totally crazy making sites for wide variety of topics (names). I actually didn't get anything in the second info landrush. But what I have is related and all good enough to stand on their own.

To be honest, I really don't expect to sell any of these names. My hope is to generate some income with them in time.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
My hope is to generate some income with them in time.

Very practical approach, tee.

Rock on!

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Then comes Swahili, Arabic, Urdu, Mayram, Tegalo - so many languages :)

EDIT - forgot to add LinoPhonetic!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators