• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed ForeignProperties.com offer recieved! Help!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
6
Hello looking for appraisals for the following domain name ForeignProperties.com as i have received an offer through Afternic. It doesn't get a massive amount of traffic but has good click through rates and is in a prime keyword area. I've never aggressivly marketed it, nor have i ever hosted it on a website, but i suppose the potential is there for development!

I'd like to know what the forum thinks i should ask for it. So far the offer is very low $XXX so it doesn't seem worth selling it unless i get a better offer?? Would anyone recommend the closing soon function on afternic??

Cheers for any responses it will be appreciated.
Chris.
 
well, techinally it is an ok name with much more potential, but you can't always sell a site with potential. As it stands, I think high $xxx is all it's worth, considering it's not doing much. I personally would build it up myself.I think you can make more.
 
Hi Laird,
i really like this domain. It is a great two key word .com
I'll be honest the singular is better (as property is singular & plural, geesh here we go again LOL) but seriously this works.
If you develop it , it may get noticed & you will get much bigger offers in time.
I will always turn a domain for a quick profit if i can , but i'll be honest i wouldn't sell this for less than $1k to a reseller, $2k private, FAR more when developed.
It's a keeper.
Cheers Pred
 
reply back ask for 2500
 
I agree, property domains are hot lately, I have gotten about 20 offers just in the last month for different ones that have the word "properties" in them, most of them lowball, but I even got bulk offers, in any case..looks like there is more demand, I wouldnt sell for less than 1K
 
Cheers for everyones appraisals and comments, i think i'll reply with a counter offer rather than go to the closing soon auction thing. If i dont' hear anything back, i think i'll develop it instead.

Cheers lads.
 
ForeignProperties.com is a great name!!! Did you know that the real estate oversea has been going up recently? I know so many people go back to China (Canton & Shanghai... big cities) and invest in apartments. Also, couple people went back to buy land and build hotels... I also know a friend who went to Trinidad (South America) and invest in RE which have gone up from $200k to $1mil in less than 4 years.

I say you should wait and negotiate well. People who offer from afternic and sedo often comes back with a higher offer later. So don't be disappointed if they cancel the negotiation because your asking price is too high. You got a good one there.
 
Yeah this is a nice domain, worth low x,xxx to the right buyer if you ask me.
 
A very nice dot com indeed IMO low-mid $x,xxx :yes:

Don't even think about selling this one less than 1.5K

Good luck
 
Got at least 4 offers today for this domain, all low ballers though unfortuntely! But i think i'll hold out for a little while to test the water a little!
Cheers for all the positive comments!
 
set the minimum offer at the least you'd really want to sell it for, if you get an offer for that amount then put it to the auction format - then at least you'll know you got what the market was willing to pay.

'Foreign Property' and 'Foreign Properties' are the exact names for a huge segment of the real estate market, and you have one of them in the best extension. So low x,xxx is a good starting point at least.
 
Just for information i've put it into a Sedo auction if anyone is interested! Reserves been met at only $150! I had to put it in as i'm a bit short of money from Christmas! Good luck if any of you go for it!
 
Just for information i've put it into a Sedo auction if anyone is interested! Reserves been met at only $150! I had to put it in as i'm a bit short of money from Christmas! Good luck if any of you go for it!

Laird i would have bought this! Thought you alredy had good offer.
I'll watch see what happens. I am interested though aggmeister (sorry Laird)
Pred likes! :yes:
Hope it flies for you though. It could! This is the perfect domain to send to auction. Hasn't always worked out for me on sedo auction, it just ,just may for you young laird mobi!
Pred ;)
 
Laird i would have bought this! Thought you alredy had good offer.
I'll watch see what happens. I am interested though aggmeister (sorry Laird)
Pred likes! :yes:
Hope it flies for you though. It could! This is the perfect domain to send to auction. Hasn't always worked out for me on sedo auction, it just ,just may for you young laird mobi!
Pred ;)

Well it's nice to hear your interested Pred, hopefully lots of others too! :smilewinkgrin: I think just for the hell of it an auction would add a little bit of excitement at the moment, as cash flows short since i've been investing in .mobi's since the landrush! Along with the Christmas and January sales spending!!!!

Oh well, fingers are well and truely crossed!!!

Cheers everyone!:smilewinkgrin:
 
Good luck! It could even go for a site for people in the EU to buy propertie in other EU countries.

It seems to me it has great potential. Hope the final price reflects that.
 
and so does a copycat who decided to register today LMAO VariousProperties.com and list it for sale

this is how you should NOT do business in any forum :)
 
Cheers for everyones positive comments hopefully i'll get some good bids on it! And we'll see who's appraisal was the closest!
 
Pred so far your spot on matey at $1000 reseller! It's only got less than 3 hours or so left!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom