Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Frank Schilling spotlights investment article authored by SEDO CEO who praises MOBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seems that some of you missed out on getting .mobis. Guess that explains the negativity towards the investors. Jealous? yea......:smilewinkgrin:

Nice find!

:yes:

well, they're pissed they missed the cream.
secondly pissed that people are investing their dosh in mobis & not so much is trickling into other extensions, thus hurting some resellers.
thirdly, it's gonna get worse .lol

which other extentions did they hype up?

i musta missed the one they did for .coop

:heh:

Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There was never any real "cream". Mobi was hyped long enough for the usual suspects to snatch the main keywords. That's it.

PS Don't get me started on that Bank Of America link again...

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seems that some of you missed out on getting .mobis. Guess that explains the negativity towards the investors. Jealous? yea......:smilewinkgrin:

Nice find!
Clearly they are all jealous losers who have missed the boat. Sadly they are going to miss the boat on .asia too :lol:
Feels good for the smart guys like you huh ? ;):-#:
10% sales commission is enough reason for the CEO of Sedo to hype every domain name.
Not only Sedo but the registrars too. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Whether the TLD succeeds or fails.
I don't follow the crowds. The sheep is not always right just because they all head together into the wall.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There was never any real "cream". Mobi was hyped long enough for the usual suspects to snatch the main keywords. That's it.

ya.. i sure do pitty the guys holding all those keywords that they paid next to nothing for.

man o man..they have got a lot to lose, dont they?

SuccessClick

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bet SuccessClick has .mobis though. Time to dump. :yes:

I don't own one .mobi domain. I'm a big .org fan outside of .coms. More organizations promote the .org extension than any other extension except .com. People know what .org is and remember it.

.Mobi is big, and has a great future because cellulars are buying them up.

So, no, Fearless Fodstick, I am not dumping any .mobis. Just giving my humble opinion. ;)

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stephen,

Thank you for sharing your highly-regarded viewpoint.

Michael

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What makes his viewpoint highly-regarded?

lol! now that was funny :)

I guess if you hype up one individual's opinion who agree's with you, as "high-regarded", then it will add credibility to your opinions too!

Maybe that's the reason for dropping "Franks" name in the title of threads.

Gregr you should start a blog too.

So people can put "Fearless" in the title and say you said......"dis and dat".

If .mobi is so hot, how come they don't write these articles on a .mobi site, instead of continuing to use .com?

:rolleyes:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Greg already has a blog but he doesn't share the URL :D

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Biggedon, we all know that you possess greater insight than SEDO CEO, Tim Schumacher, educate us ....bless us with your keen knowledge & unbiased insight...

and for the dude holding the Moonlight.net (BTW-great domain for that astronaut chick who was wearing that diaper) please shine some moonlight upon us Mobiphytes...LOL!!

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol! now that was funny :)

I guess if you hype up one individual's opinion who agree's with you, as "high-regarded", then it will add credibility to your opinions too!

Maybe that's the reason for dropping "Franks" name in the title of threads.

Gregr you should start a blog too.

So people can put "Fearless" in the title and say you said......"dis and dat".

If .mobi is so hot, how come they don't write these articles on a .mobi site, instead of continuing to use .com?

:rolleyes:

moderator .. wow!?!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
moderator .. wow!?!

I am not allowed to make comments as a "member" too?

or do I have to resort to putting "IMO not as moderator, but as a member too" .....in every discussion thread?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
and for the dude holding the Moonlight.net (BTW-great domain for that astronaut chick who was wearing that diaper) please shine some moonlight upon us Mobiphytes...LOL!!

I'm sorry, not enough moonlight can take your blindness away, Vision. You need surgery for that...in the brain, no less.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Evidently, SEDO CEO, Tim Schumacher's July Domain Investment forecast with respect to dotMobi has been prescient.

Showcased below is post-Auction wrap-up regarding the very successful first SEDO Auction from earlier this month and increasing interest towards the next dotMobi Sedo Auction which will start on Wednesday, 10/31/2007.....

Sedo-run auction generates high interest and revenue, and demonstrates diversity of upcoming mobile content

DUBLIN, Ireland and WASHINGTON, DC – October 9, 2007 – dotMobi, the company behind the .mobi Internet domain, successfully closed its first-ever online auction on October 3. dotMobi auctioned 100 domain names through Sedo.com, and is the first domain company to offer selected names directly to the market via an online auction process rather than a traditional "first come, first served" process.

Dozens of names were purchased, and more than $850,000 generated for the continued creation of mobile content tools like dotMobi's popular http://ready.mobi and http://site.mobi tools.

With bidders from 34 countries, the auction's most desired names were hosting.mobi (sold for $101,000), bank.mobi ($51,501), download.mobi ($51,500), currency.mobi ($47,000) and insurance.mobi ($42,005).

insurance.mobi was purchased by Insurance.com, an independent, online insurance agency which enables consumers to instantly compare and buy competitive auto insurance quotes directly from more than a dozen leading insurance companies. "We see the long-term value of the mobile internet," said Joe Singleton, Director of Information Technology, Insurance.com. "The .mobi domain will be a valuable tool in continuing to build our future consumer offerings."

"With more than 1.6 billion mobile users around the world, it's obvious that brands are quickly realizing that the audience for mobile content is enormous," said David Ryder, dotMobi's Chief Marketing Officer. "This auction proves that dotMobi has some of the most-wanted domain names in the world, and it’s exciting to start seeing how they'll be used for content."

Tim Schumacher, CEO of Sedo, said, "We knew that the dotMobi’s premium names portfolio would be a success on the Sedo platform; however, the results of this auction went beyond our expectations. We are now even more excited about our upcoming .mobi auction on October 31 when names like car.mobi, gps.mobi, gay.mobi, kiss.mobi, love.mobi and map.mobi will be available."

The complete list of names for the October 31 Sedo auction, along with terms, condition and buyer requirements, are available at http://premiumauction.mobi.

About dotMobi

dotMobi (the informal name of mTLD Top Level Domain, Ltd.), a consortium based in Dublin, Ireland with offices in Washington, DC and Beijing, is leading the growth of Internet use from mobile phones with the .mobi domain name. Unique among domain name providers, dotMobi ensures that services and sites developed around .mobi are optimized for use by mobile devices. On-the-go consumers can have confidence that an Internet site or service will work on their mobile phones when using a .mobi address.

dotMobi is backed by leading mobile operators, network & device manufacturers, and internet content providers, including Ericsson, GSM Association, Hutchison 3, Microsoft, Nokia, Orascom Telecom, Samsung Electronics, Syniverse, T-Mobile, Telefonica Moviles, TIM, Visa and Vodafone. dotMobi is also a sponsor of W3C's Mobile Web Initiative.

Here is the link to the above mentioned post-Auction commentary:
http://mtld.mobi/node/834

Here is the SEDO CEO's original July 18, 2007 Domain Investment article:
http://www.domainnamenews.com/misce...-what-you-can-learn-from-the-stock-market/248

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm an avid reader of Frank's blog and my take is he doesn't have much faith in other tld's besides .com.
That's odd...or that's what he wants you to believe.

Seems I have spotted quite a few non-com's in Franks possession, foreign words no less. And Arabic! Say it isn't so, Frank?

Take a look at the WHOIS for sinama.net.

Actually, I think there may be more hidden underneath the skirts of many domainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom