Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Free download of my children's kindle book

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, my children's book, The Fairytale Quest, will be available for free download from Kindle next Wednesday and Thursday, 23rd and 24th May. It's a fantasy adventure story for grade/primary school children. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Fairytale-Quest-ebook/dp/B007KB6ESE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1336573516&sr=8-2

If you don't have a Kindle, you can download a free one for the PC (that's what I'm using myself) - just put PC Kindle into the search engine and you'll see the site come up where you can get it.

If anyone does download, I'd be grateful for a review (whether or not you liked it), as feedback of any kind is precious to a writer. So here's hoping, and thanks for reading this.

Domain Summit 2024

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very cool! And now I understand the uppercase A in your username :)

For those of us with no memory or short term attention spans, I would love to see you bump this next Wednesday.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very cool! And now I understand the uppercase A in your username :)

For those of us with no memory or short term attention spans, I would love to see you bump this next Wednesday.

Would that be all right to do, Scott? If so, I definitely will. Thanks for the idea!

Yes, Allie is my middle name, short for Aloque (a mistake - it should have been Alacoque). I share my name with a famous Madrid restaurant - I think I might be the only Aloque person in the world. Someone told me once that in Spanish it means 'could drive you mad,' a sentiment with which the members of my family wholeheartedly agree. :)

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would certainly appreciate it. Would love to check it out.

Great, Scott! No pun intended, lol. :)

And thanks for your interest. I will post a reminder when I get up on Wednesday, which is some hours before the States wakes up. It's weird, but although we're next door to the UK, in Ireland we have to buy our Kindle stuff from amazon.com.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fabulous. No pun intended again ;)

Can't wait to check it out. I was weaned on Enid Blyton and 'Magic Faraway Tree' stuff - shows my age I guess. But those were the halcyon days before some of this wonderful material was miraculously deemed 'inappropriate' and 'politically incorrect'.

Best of luck to you!

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was weaned on Enid Blyton and 'Magic Faraway Tree' stuff

Ah, me too, Dale. The librarian acknowledged at the start of my book was wonderfully open-minded, and as a result all the Enid Blyton books were on her shelves at a time when they were frowned on as not being 'good literature.' She also got in all the annuals at Christmas and held a raffle to decide which children should be allowed to take them out first. Mysteriously, no one ever won more than one.

Very little in my life since has brought the excitement of opening another Famous Five story on a winter Saturday evening by the fire. This is less a reflection on my life than a tribute to Enid Blyton. A few months ago I came across a book about her books, and there were all the covers I remembered staring out at me. It was like a time machine, taking me back to childhood in an instant.

Thanks for the good wishes and I hope you enjoy the book when you download it. :)

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the hard copy. I dislike reading on my PC or kindle. Please let us know when a hard copy is available. Read the first chapter. Seems well written. Good job. :)

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom