Friend Was Offered 60k For A Nnn.com. Should He Sell?

Visit nameliquidate.com
ebook DomainGraduate.com

domainoid

Level 6
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
524
Reaction score
71
Feedback: 2 / 0 / 0
This guy I know owns a nnn.com with no four's. It's not the best I've seen but it's a good one imo. He does not have an account here so I was asked for advice. Told him 60k is a lot but he'll probably get offers for much more.
-He'd turned down a 40k offer about a year ago for the same domain and he did good imo.


--Did I advise him right? with a sale of 60k he would have more than doubled what he paid for it long ago. My point was having seen recent sales for nnn.com on the news a sale in the six figures is quite likely. Maybe even low mid or mid six figures easy with the right buyer if he is patient. If it was me that's what I'd do, hold out for more if the present buyer can't up the offer substantially. What would you advise him lol?
 
Visit Epik

katherine

Country hopper
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
8,428
Reaction score
1,289
Feedback: 65 / 0 / 0
It's hard to say without knowing the exact domain. Even knowing the domain name, it may have a particular significance to the potential buyer. Every sale has different circumstances. You can never be certain you'll get a better offer in the future.

What I am thinking is, if he paid something like 30K, it's a lot of money tied up in a domain name that is not being used actively, and not making money (but I could be wrong here).
On the other hand, you can do plenty of things with 60K. I would personally buy another domain or two :)
Resell them for a profit, lather rinse repeat :)
 

dejanlesi

Level 6
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
658
Reaction score
22
Feedback: 27 / 0 / 0
Did he counter the buyer? If he thinks 60k isn't enough, then ask for 100k..
 

domainoid

Level 6
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
524
Reaction score
71
Feedback: 2 / 0 / 0
- thank you for your input. my friend says buyer's first message said 60k was his top offer. seller is planning to counter with 250k and see where this takes the deal because the domain is worth it in his opinion. he first wanted to counter with 500k lol. he paid less than 30k so it's a 100% return for a sale of 60k and i wish i had that problem of deciding this lol. but if he lets go on this deal because 60k is top buyer's offer i'd be ok if i was the seller.

-- for nnn.com right now the sky is the limit. 114.com went for 2.1M and the buyer was a chinese company so they did not mind the 4 in it because 114 stands for 'information' in china. my friend has been using his domain and has made some money but never close to 30k which is the profit he'd end up with if he sells at 60k. looks like my friend's buyer is asian and he likes his domain doesn't have a 4. i think many people are just sitting on their nnn.com and even nnn.net waiting for prices to go even higher.
 

Loop

Level 1
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
If he sells for 60k he is leaving a lot of money on the table the fact is he bought extremely well and needs to fully maximise the investment. They are effectively a liquid currency these days just look at the number of Chinese vs the number of these available, demand and supply says they keep going higher still even his counter offer will seem cheap to some.
 

domainoid

Level 6
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
524
Reaction score
71
Feedback: 2 / 0 / 0
that is what i told him loop. tho he got it for a little less than 30k he must not look at this offer for 60k as a 100% roi. not when those domains are being picked up for mid xxx,xxx figures and even a million.
and his domain contains no 4's. very nice problem to have.
 

domainoid

Level 6
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
524
Reaction score
71
Feedback: 2 / 0 / 0
yes acro he knows that. agree with katherine's advice that selling this one for 60k and he takes that money and then buys a couple of great domains also makes sense. but hardly will any other type of domain appreciate either as fast or as much as these nnn.com have.
roi of 100% or even 200% goes out the window with these type of domains, you need to look at what they're selling at on open market
(and what you purchased them at in case you paid so much money just recently).
 

apostoli

Level 2
Joined
Feb 12, 2006
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 1 / 0 / 0
I have sold a few around 30-35k. The offers are definitely getting higher - all from China. They are having their own .com boom - I do not believe this will last for ever and have begun selling my nnn and lll. Anywhere between 60k and 100 is a good price right here and now. In the future - no guarantee , they could fall if new extensions catch on, which they will at some point.
 

domainoid

Level 6
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
524
Reaction score
71
Feedback: 2 / 0 / 0
thank god seems that i did give him the right advice to not settle for 60k. had he not received a higher offer than that afterward he'd have killed me. but looks like he got at least one around 70k.

do keep in mind he paid about 30k for that domain so prices were already quite high when he purchased. i'm sure some domainers on this thread (theo & katherine maybe? lol) purchased their nnn.com's when they were below 10k not too long ago. for those who did that you'll be getting new sports cars very soon.
:p
 
Visit nameinvestors.com
Top Bottom