Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed FS: FamilyGuyFiles.com 6 years, $3,978.13 revenue for 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iconrate.com

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domains: Familyguyfiles.com
Stewiesays.com

Content: Family Guy fan site that's been around since 2002. Domain purchased in 2005 without content, slowly content is being rebuilt. We've built a custom CMS that users can do the following:
  • Submit episode information, such as title, description.
  • Post episode images.
  • Submit episode references.
  • User profiles and messaging.
  • All SEO urls such as site.com/keyword.
  • Complete admin backend.

The site itself uses wordpress, and it's only been updated for the first season. I will be updating the site this week and hopefully will be able to complete up to season 4. The site has content from previous, it's a matter of copy paste.

There are a few additional content items of interest. We've build a flash game called Angry Minority Fare. This is a completely original game, and we've received positive feedback from the fans.
There is also a custom flash video player. The flash video player loads separate flash movies only when the user clicks play. This saves bandwidth and assures only someone wishing to view the video will view it.
Custom myspace layouts, blinkies, animations.
Draw Stewie flash drawboard written in flash with php to output to a custom gallery.

Here are some quick links to view the content above:
example episode from cms custom flash game stewie griffin drawboard and gallery video player example

Revenue:
Adsense revenue
Jan 1, 2006 - Dec 31, 2006: $4,003.44
Jan 1, 2007 - Dec 31, 2007: $3,978.13
Jan 1, 2008 - Dec 31, 2008: $869.32

I've started a fulltime job early in 2008 and haven't been able to update the site much if at all. In November of 2007 I completed the custom CMS and had planned to update from the old site content, but working 60 hour weeks I really just haven't had time to do it. Once it is updated the site will run itself, it's just a lot of copy pasting from the previous layout and taking from archive.org. I think the low revenue for this year could have been much higher with just a few hours of work per week.

Site ranks and stats:
yahoo directory editor's pick
top 10 in google for Family Guy, outranking sites such as adultswim.com, epguides.com, tbs.com, and the official blog.
Results 1 - 10 of about 32,200,000 for "family guy"
top 10 rankings for many other Family Guy related searches
stat counter
awstats

Offers:
Looking for 3 years revenue to start (based on this year), will accept offers until I get one I like. I'm not in a rush to sell just yet. Ask anything and I'll get it for you. I am willing to help the new buyer with the site and stay on as a moderator.

Starting Bid: $2,500
BIN: $4,000
Payment Method: Escrow

Last edited:

iconrate.com

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Putting this back on the market - I need quick cash and will take offers starting at $800.
Please email me [email protected] or get me on msn [email protected]. I'm looking for Paypal only transaction. Let's talk - this is a great domain for any family guy related site or cpa potentials.

Will include everything I've got including the incomplete cms as well as a new design that will be shown prior to sale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom