• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed FUNTARTICA.COM - The FUN Continent

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akhil

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
488
Reaction score
1
:rolleyes: I was wondering if my friends here would comment on this latest addition in my portfolio...
:?:
FUNTARTICA.COM
www.funtartica.com :rolleyes:
FUNtartica - The Cool FUN Continent! :yes:

(& Funtarctica.Com)
 
Cool name....definitely catchy...hard to "$$$" appraise this type of stuff but I have to give you thumbs up on creativity :ok:
 
Cool name....definitely catchy...hard to "$$$" appraise this type of stuff but I have to give you thumbs up on creativity :ok:
I tend to agree with this assessment...imagine that.

It is hard to place a dollar value on this but I can see it being a great arcade site or gamers forum/site. The name is easy to say and brandable and you seem to have hit on a cool theme...A FUN CONTINENT.

Developed this could be a good source of revenue from affiliate programs. And, needless to say, a developed site would add much value to an already cool name.
 
Thanks friends - I am already brimmed with "cool" ideas to work around Funtartica...
Last night I was having dinner while watching a media presentation where there was a mention about antartica and polar bears - the name then came to my mind and lo, it was added to my 300+ domain portfolio...

Please comment on the value as well... Thanks in advance!
Akhil
 
yes, these types of domain names are regfee unless you develop and brand it or you find someone that likes the domain.
 
yes, these types of domain names are regfee unless you develop and brand it or you find someone that likes the domain.
Thanks Rock!
Yea - it's all in the name...
Let's see which way the wind blows...
Welcoming more comments - thanks in advance!
 
I would personally register the version "Funartica" too..sounds better imo without the "t" anyways..
 
Cool name, but you have to develop it.

mid-high xx
 
hi friends, thanks... More comments are welcome :p
 
cool name I can see it going for high $xx - low $xxx
 
I like it, simple and catchy :)

Great buy.
 
Maybe a site for kids to learn about that region - puzzles etc.. but the domain itself is truly awful.
 
Thanks friends...
:)
Any suggestions on development of Funtartica.Com and Funtarctica.Com are also welcome along with your appraisal comments!
 
Any more comments on value as well please... Thanks in advance :)
 
$xx undeveloped
 
catchy, but those places will never be fun..I know global warming etc...if you want to be sarcastic about this whole global warming issue make a site that deals with the "fun sides" of global warming..more floating icebergs..greenland propery prices rise, warmer weather..penguins feeling warmer..whatever..
 
Funtarctica sounds more like a name for a theme park. Sea World Orlando will be opening such a theme park in the next couple of years.
 
shouldn't it be FUNTARCTICA then? instead of FUNTARTICA? :cool:
 
Reg Fee imo. Long-and-cumbersome with too many alternatives imo.

I find FunAntarctica.com is more inuitive or FunArctica.com, but not so much Fun(t)arctica.com (and not the typo 'artica' either).

As a unique brand with a specialized niche, I believe Development is required in order to increase value (unless the name becomes famous/in demand for other reasons (such as being used as the name to a movie, or video game or widget).

Best Success in ALL Your Endeavours!

Sorry for the aside, but...

Have you been to any of those places domainah?

- those places are Fun - it's the greedy poisoning of the planet by selfish groups of people which are not making it fun. [Plausible Deniability & Ignorance of the Laws of Physics is not an excuse for committing Humanicide & Planeticide] Arctic Northerners are some of the best community-minded and down-to-earth people your will ever find on the Planet - less concerned with superfical pretentiousness to rape the earth for capitalistic greed. Global Warming is a known by-product of greedy capitalist world markets which short-sighted politicians and businesses have given tacit approval too by failing to address the issues decades ago. ...better late then never (hopefully)to start addressing the issue now thou I spose.

Money breeds Greed - Greed breeds Mean Deeds & Ignorance is not Bliss, as Common Sense needs to more-n-more become Common Practice.

Carpe Peaciem ~ Peacefully Seize the Day :-)

Funtarctica sounds more like a name for a theme park. Sea World Orlando will be opening such a theme park in the next couple of years.

Isn't there a Big Ski Resort w/ Fake Snow being Planned for Texas?
- may be good name for that project. :ok:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom