Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Future of the Domain Names written entirely in Chinese

chinese domain

Level 1
Reaction score
Hello,

What do you think about domain names written entirely in Chinese for the future? They have no .com, no .net, no .org and etc. In short, is it worth for investing?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

to me:

it would only be applicable to those who can cypher it and in turn, those who decide to use it.
therefore it's reach would be limited

unless of course, if china and the Chinese speaking people take over the world and/or the internet.

imo…..

chinese domain

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi

to me:

it would only be applicable to those who can cypher it and in turn, those who decide to use it.
therefore it's reach would be limited

unless of course, if china and the Chinese speaking people take over the world and/or the internet.

imo…..
Thank you for your answer Biggie. Actually, I have a domain name which is fully Chinese(its extension too), very short and, generic also. But I have some troubles about its value, actually its value in the future. Well, I think I'll keep it. Because I like it, and I'm hopeful of it.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer Biggie. Actually, I have a domain name which is fully Chinese(its extension too), very short and, generic also. But I have some troubles about its value, actually its value in the future. Well, I think I'll keep it. Because I like it, and I'm hopeful of it.
Its value would only be local to China and people who speak that language, not to the rest of the world, ie the French, Spanish, and English speaking people. Now, Chinese is the largest language on earth, so that is not necessarily a bad thing, but it is still not used worldwide.

chinese domain

Level 1
Reaction score
Its value would only be local to China and people who speak that language, not to the rest of the world, ie the French, Spanish, and English speaking people. Now, Chinese is the largest language on earth, so that is not necessarily a bad thing, but it is still not used worldwide.
I completely agree with you. As a matter of fact, first reason of the why I choose this way is the population of China and its growing "online" population. I can also choose traditional domain names(like .com, .net). But, there are not generic names in English, everything is taken, right? That's my second, strong reason, why I prefer Chinese.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with you. As a matter of fact, first reason of the why I choose this way is the population of China and its growing "online" population. I can also choose traditional domain names(like .com, .net). But, there are not generic names in English, everything is taken, right? That's my second, strong reason, why I prefer Chinese.
You can check if the IDN .com is available, and if it is available, register it, if not, buy it from the owner.

DomainNames.Money

Reaction score

With China's population reaching 1.5 billion in the next decade, Chinese domains are as good an investment as any. Also don't forget the millions of Chinese speakers in every other country in the world who speak several languages To this end, I have translated some of our domains into chinese for posting on appropriate sites with some success.
Good luck!

chinese domain

Level 1
Reaction score
You can check if the IDN .com is available, and if it is available, register it, if not, buy it from the owner.
Actually, I'm not sure is it legal or illegal to register IDN domain names. For example, in Turkey, there is a site, its name is mackolik.com and it publishes sports news and live score service for its users. And, in Turkish, word "maç" has the same meaning with the word "match" in English. For the Turkish letter "ç", if I'll register a IDN domain name that is "maçkolik.com", I think I commited a copyright crime. Am I wrong?

With China's population reaching 1.5 billion in the next decade, Chinese domains are as good an investment as any. Also don't forget the millions of Chinese speakers in every other country in the world who speak several languages To this end, I have translated some of our domains into chinese for posting on appropriate sites with some success.
Good luck!
Your thoughts are source of motivation for me and, I agree with you.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure is it legal or illegal to register IDN domain names.
It is legal. You can get IDNs like mine, เมล์.com ("Mail".com in Thai) โรงแรม-หัวหิน.com - "hotels in [location]"

Below are the domain names and their Puny Codes that you have to register to get those names. The IDN.IDN as you said you have one, are puny codes on both ends rather than ending in .com

xn--y3ci3f4b.com
เมล์.com
xn----5wf9c4aib4a5ab2d9a1lk.com
โรงแรม-หัวหิน.com

chinese domain

Level 1
Reaction score
It is legal. You can get IDNs like mine, เมล์.com ("Mail".com in Thai) โรงแรม-หัวหิน.com - "hotels in [location]"

Below are the domain names and their Puny Codes that you have to register to get those names. The IDN.IDN as you said you have one, are puny codes on both ends rather than ending in .com

xn--y3ci3f4b.com
เมล์.com
xn----5wf9c4aib4a5ab2d9a1lk.com
โรงแรม-หัวหิน.com
Its sounds good but, IDN versions of the English generic domain names are taken. So, there is no difference. And, as far as I can see, most of these IDNs are using for the parking return. I guess, I will continue to buy domain names written entirely in Chinese, for the future decade.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the Turkish letter "ç", if I'll register a IDN domain name that is "maçkolik.com", I think I commited a copyright crime. Am I wrong?
First that type of issue might run into trademarks but unless the website is copied, I would not see a copyright issue.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators