Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Garden.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anytime I get something at Siber, it usually takes them about a week before they initiate a merge request...

Domain summit 2024

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anytime I get something at Siber, it usually takes them about a week before they initiate a merge request...

And they usually fail to process it in time, I picked up a name months ago and it is still not merged, even though I accepted the merger at least three times.... :upset:

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sibername goes through two steps. The first temp tbr status has their name servers on. Once paid for the domain automatically reverts to the N/S specified by the client account.

The transfer takes place once they hit the transfer button and the client accepts at CIRA. Sometimes they are a little slow at intiating the transfers.

But the client is getting all the traffic.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Every tbr domain I've gotten there has switched to my admin email within hours of the payment - except one - it took nearly 48 hours to even show up in my account to manage.

But their customer service is really good and answer pretty darn quickly.

domainatrix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not to worry; the company I work for now secured garden.ca on behalf of a client. They did pay $7500 but were willing to go higher if necessary. It seems sibername wanted a payment via wire transfer (not sure why?) but that is what is holding up the change to the admin and tech contacts.

As for parking vs developing, very few of our clients are "monetizers", most are end users or investors who buy domains like "stock".

Cheers,
Jen

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice grab Jen, I expected it to go for higher!!!

Cheers,

Jay

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sibername goes through two steps. The first temp tbr status has their name servers on. Once paid for the domain automatically reverts to the N/S specified by the client account.

The transfer takes place once they hit the transfer button and the client accepts at CIRA. Sometimes they are a little slow at intiating the transfers.

But the client is getting all the traffic.
The whole CIRA thing makes .ca's very annoying to deal with. I have to be honest that i am somewhat confused by the whole thing. I've won names at sibername and haven't done anything with them. made payment of course but the names still show the default info on the whois, not mine and this is months later.

Also names i've won at pool i've transfered to CIRA but haven't transfered out..do i risk losing the domains by doing this?

sudesh

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not to worry; the company I work for now secured garden.ca on behalf of a client. They did pay $7500 but were willing to go higher if necessary. It seems sibername wanted a payment via wire transfer (not sure why?) but that is what is holding up the change to the admin and tech contacts.

As for parking vs developing, very few of our clients are "monetizers", most are end users or investors who buy domains like "stock".

Cheers,
Jen

Wow.. nice to know that. every one is around this forum.. that is incredible!!! Nice pick and congrads!!

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The whole CIRA thing makes .ca's very annoying to deal with. I have to be honest that i am somewhat confused by the whole thing. I've won names at sibername and haven't done anything with them. made payment of course but the names still show the default info on the whois, not mine and this is months later.

Also names i've won at pool i've transfered to CIRA but haven't transfered out..do i risk losing the domains by doing this?

The domains have to be in the name of the owner. Otherwise CIRA can cancel them. If they haven't been updated I would write sibername and give them a list. The renewal notices would also not come to you???

All in all it seems a pretty cavalier way to manage a valuable asset???

It may be you don't really understand the CIRA system but I've seen domainers lose $100,000's in domains by not following the rules.

sudesh

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Admin email for garden.ca looks very suspicious.. if not cute!!!

domainatrix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sudesh, I would say it's more cute than suspicious! Let me know if you would like your own @xxxxxxx.ca email? I can arrange it for you! or perhaps @oooooo.ca, just in time for Halloween

Jen

sudesh

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sudesh, I would say it's more cute than suspicious! Let me know if you would like your own @xxxxxxx.ca email? I can arrange it for you! or perhaps @oooooo.ca, just in time for Halloween

Jen

Jen, pl see pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators