• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Garden.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anytime I get something at Siber, it usually takes them about a week before they initiate a merge request...
 
Anytime I get something at Siber, it usually takes them about a week before they initiate a merge request...

And they usually fail to process it in time, I picked up a name months ago and it is still not merged, even though I accepted the merger at least three times.... :upset:
 
Sibername goes through two steps. The first temp tbr status has their name servers on. Once paid for the domain automatically reverts to the N/S specified by the client account.

The transfer takes place once they hit the transfer button and the client accepts at CIRA. Sometimes they are a little slow at intiating the transfers.

But the client is getting all the traffic.
 
Yikes - Garden.ca was something I wanted - unfortunatly money and opportunity never
happen at the same time,

I have spent 2 years on my gardening project - it certainly would have looked good on that domain

~ian
 
Every tbr domain I've gotten there has switched to my admin email within hours of the payment - except one - it took nearly 48 hours to even show up in my account to manage.

But their customer service is really good and answer pretty darn quickly.
 
Not to worry; the company I work for now secured garden.ca on behalf of a client. They did pay $7500 but were willing to go higher if necessary. It seems sibername wanted a payment via wire transfer (not sure why?) but that is what is holding up the change to the admin and tech contacts.

As for parking vs developing, very few of our clients are "monetizers", most are end users or investors who buy domains like "stock".

Cheers,
Jen
 
Nice grab Jen, I expected it to go for higher!!!

Cheers,

Jay
 
Sibername goes through two steps. The first temp tbr status has their name servers on. Once paid for the domain automatically reverts to the N/S specified by the client account.

The transfer takes place once they hit the transfer button and the client accepts at CIRA. Sometimes they are a little slow at intiating the transfers.

But the client is getting all the traffic.
The whole CIRA thing makes .ca's very annoying to deal with. I have to be honest that i am somewhat confused by the whole thing. I've won names at sibername and haven't done anything with them. made payment of course but the names still show the default info on the whois, not mine and this is months later.

Also names i've won at pool i've transfered to CIRA but haven't transfered out..do i risk losing the domains by doing this?
 
Not to worry; the company I work for now secured garden.ca on behalf of a client. They did pay $7500 but were willing to go higher if necessary. It seems sibername wanted a payment via wire transfer (not sure why?) but that is what is holding up the change to the admin and tech contacts.

As for parking vs developing, very few of our clients are "monetizers", most are end users or investors who buy domains like "stock".

Cheers,
Jen


Wow.. nice to know that. every one is around this forum.. that is incredible!!! Nice pick and congrads!!
 
The whole CIRA thing makes .ca's very annoying to deal with. I have to be honest that i am somewhat confused by the whole thing. I've won names at sibername and haven't done anything with them. made payment of course but the names still show the default info on the whois, not mine and this is months later.

Also names i've won at pool i've transfered to CIRA but haven't transfered out..do i risk losing the domains by doing this?


The domains have to be in the name of the owner. Otherwise CIRA can cancel them. If they haven't been updated I would write sibername and give them a list. The renewal notices would also not come to you???

All in all it seems a pretty cavalier way to manage a valuable asset???

It may be you don't really understand the CIRA system but I've seen domainers lose $100,000's in domains by not following the rules.
 
Admin email for garden.ca looks very suspicious.. if not cute!!!
 
Sudesh, I would say it's more cute than suspicious! Let me know if you would like your own @xxxxxxx.ca email? I can arrange it for you! or perhaps @oooooo.ca, just in time for Halloween

Jen
 
Hi Jen - sent you a PM

~ian
 
Sudesh, I would say it's more cute than suspicious! Let me know if you would like your own @xxxxxxx.ca email? I can arrange it for you! or perhaps @oooooo.ca, just in time for Halloween

Jen


Jen, pl see pm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom